Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Dunta Robinson

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/dunta_robinson]http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/dunta_robinson[/url]

4.34 in the 40? Why havent we been talking about drafting him?

why dont we trade down to get him and get a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the process?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by abraham-94[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 03:05 PM
    [b] [url=http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/dunta_robinson]http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/dunta_robinson[/url]

why dont we trade down to get him and get a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the process? [/b][/quote]
    Because according to all the "experts" here the kid is already a bust :blink:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope+Apr 5 2004, 03:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ Apr 5 2004, 03:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--abraham-94[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 03:05 PM
    [b] [url=http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/dunta_robinson]http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/dunta_robinson[/url]

why dont we trade down to get him and get a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the process? [/b][/quote]
    Because according to all the "experts" here the kid is already a bust :blink: [/b][/quote]
    all i can say is that if our fans were the GMs we would be in cap hell :lol: , and we would probably still lose

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like him but some people dont like him, I want to trade down and get him, but we will see

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by abraham-94[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 07:05 PM

We have been talking about him...a lot, in fact. But, as Pope said, some of our fans think he will be a bust...even though they have never seen him play.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen him play and he looks clueless in coverage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MickeyShuler[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 07:19 PM
    [b] I have seen him play and he looks clueless in coverage. [/b][/quote]
    That is the obvious knock everyone makes on him. But he has the athletic talent, and the upside for this player is incredible. Whoever the Jets pick wont start, so Robinson will have a year to work with Henderson...one of the best defensive player developers in the league.

Robinson has a lot of raw talent, and with some good coaching, could become a shut down corner.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, as someone who doesn&#39;t think Dunta is worthy of #12, and has said so, I want to defend my position:

I think Dunta is just fine, although IMO he IS a workout wonder (oooo, look at the 4.3 speed....in shorts.....in the spring......) He will VERY likely be a solid Pro-level CB.

However, I think he is no better than the other CB&#39;s available from top to bottom of the 1st round, including Hall, Gamble or UCLA&#39;s Ware.

If we are NOT going to get a Gamebreaker like Mike or Roy Willimas or Winslow Jr., then I say trade down and get the best CB still available at #25 to #30, because even if thats Ware (expected to be available at that point) we are still getting the same thing, a solid future Starting calibur CB who will ride pine or play the #4 CB spot in 2004.

If we trade down, we can also get someone like Boulware, the LB, who fills a need in THAT spot as well AND leaves our #3 Round ick for a Guard, perhaps like Snee from Boston College, filling THAT need too.

Then we can pick up WR depth in Round #4.

However, with all that said, I don&#39;t think Dunta is a BUST in any way, just not the stud some here think, and NOT worthy of the #12 pick (at least not for us).

I could be wrong, it&#39;s happened before...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 03:08 PM
    [b]
    Because according to all the "experts" here the kid is already a bust :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Pope

Obviously I hope the Jets don&#39;t get this guy.

With that said.....I&#39;d like to wager this guy will be considered
    average if not a bust this year.

You feel like he may make 1st or 2nd team all rookie?

Lets wager something&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet+Apr 5 2004, 03:24 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JonEJet @ Apr 5 2004, 03:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 03:08 PM
    [b]
    Pope

Obviously I hope the Jets don&#39;t get this guy.

With that said.....I&#39;d like to wager this guy will be considered
    average if not a bust this year.

You feel like he may make 1st or 2nd team all rookie?

Lets wager something&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    John E. he most likely won&#39;t start this year for whatever team drafts him. I can&#39;t exactly bet with a guy whose riding the pine.

Like Gamble I think he is also a year away from starting duty but I think both these guys down the road will be good CB&#39;s.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the games i&#39;ve seen South Carolina and Virginia Tech play, Dunta looked like he had much better coverage skills then everybodys new favorite, Mr.Hall. All i know is i watched DeAngelo get ripped up by WVU, Pitt, Miami (yes he had some nice plays, but were few and far between his missed coverages) ,Temple (Phil Goodman made him look lost all day, as well as a play in which Hall tried a flying head tackle and went right by him...remind you of someone) , and against Cal...He looked great at times but he still gave up alot of yards against his man for the day. I saw South Carolina play Kentucky, Virginia, Georgia, and florida...and i dont remember Dunta screwing up half as much as the great DeAngelo Hall.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i would love to draft him

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tell you if he is going to sit and have to develop him y not get a more talented, taller player in gamble and develop him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsFan 51[/i]@Apr 6 2004, 02:19 AM
    [b] I tell you if he is going to sit and have to develop him y not get a more talented, taller player in gamble and develop him [/b][/quote]
    How is Gamble neccesarily more talented?

Just because he played at The Ohio St., he is more talented?

In fact, most of the "experts" have said that Dunta Robinson is more talented than Gamble...just needs some work.

I dont know whose more talented because I have not watched every single game tape of the two, but I am just tired of people saying Gamble is the most talented...he really isnt.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    robinson is a speed demon

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    they are the same speed, he is taller, can jump higher, and has experience as a PR