Thread: Jamie Henderson update

[url=http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7233746]http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7233746[/url]

No details about the accident, but speaking as another biker, that sucks. Unless it was completely his fault (like driving drunk/stoned/etc), I always hate to see other bikers go down, often to things out of their control. My dad broke his collarbone a while back when some Jeep who didn't see him merged right into his lane on the Mass Turnpike while cruising along at 65 mph. Personally I almost got hit by a friggin AMBULANCE who was pulling out of a side street without looking carefully.

Hope he recovers.

This just pre-empts the inevitable journey to the I.R. for the kid after he makes his first tackle.

Henderson & McGraw are like Peanut Brittle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

the guy just suffered a pretty bad crash and lies in a hospital bed - cut him some slack- he's a human being. some of you are just *******s.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

The article in the LEAGER said it could be carear threatning injury...,This is a bad sign we`re not even at the draft yet and were losing players already ....PS. GET WELL SOON JH

Banned
    I guess it's time for the Dunta/DeAngelo supporters to tell us we are now FORCED to draft a corner, since #4 on our depth chart is suddenly blurry.

I also thought he had a shot to be decent... but either way i hope he recovers

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote][i]Originally posted by shuler82[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 06:11 PM
    [b] the guy just suffered a pretty bad crash and lies in a hospital bed - cut him some slack- he's a human being. some of you are just *******s. [/b][/quote]
    I like the way you think Shuler.......... ;)

I too hope that Jamie will have a full recovery and that his injuries are not life threatening.

Hall Of Fame
    If you ride a bike - It is a matter of time

As a Bulls fan I saw this with Jay Williams...

In my personal life I have lost a cousin and almost my father to goddamn bikes.

When will people F*CK(n% learn?????

Also I don't know about the Nfl but the NBA has such clauses forbidding motorcycles. If the NFL has those kind of stipulations why would a million dollar a year athlete even think about riding.

Anyway hope he gets well and prayers to his family.

man this guy is injury prone, Hope hes okay

Veteran
    i lost a brother on a bike and it freaking blows. some girl just flat out ran him over he was trapped under the car for a while. its something he loved to do though so f**k it. if you want to bike so be it ;) just dont be stupid and wear a freaking helmet. even though it may not help. good luck to Jamie Henderson on a speedy and full recovery

o man im sorry

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

time in [quote][i]Originally posted by Chase[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 08:52 PM
    [b]As a Bulls fan I saw this with Jay Williams...

In my personal life I have lost a cousin and almost my father to goddamn bikes.

When will people F*CK(n% learn?????

Also I don't know about the Nfl but the NBA has such clauses forbidding motorcycles. If the NFL has those kind of stipulations why would a million dollar a year athlete even think about riding.

Anyway hope he gets well and prayers to his family.[/b][/quote]
    Chase..I rode from 1960 when I was 16 to 2002 and never had
    a accident!! 50 thousand people die each year in Car accidents
    should we get rid of Cars also?? Some people like Abe for a example
    maybe shouldn't be driving even that! But your "When the F*CK
    will people learn?" comment is rather silly! Like Guns,Booze,smokes,Sex
    or host of other things that can be Lethal if not done properly! Hell,why not
    ban Boxing and Football while your at it??People die and get hurt doing
    that also! I take it you have never enjoyed the freedom that a Motorcycle
    offer&#39;s?? <_<

You know what Savage you may be right...and I&#39;m sorry if I offended any riders here.

It&#39;s just so personal to me.....and I always wonder why people take the risk.

You are right people do die in car accidents....but unlike motorcycle accidents I believe you have a better chance to walk away from getting blindsided in a car than on a bike.

Hell on a bike you could hit a really bad pothole and flip over at the wrong speed.

No I have never rode a bike...something about seeing my father in critical condition at 12 yrs old with a shattered leg will do that to you. Bad part about it was an old lady backing out her driveway and hit my father and his friend who were traveling on the other side of the street. My father suffered a severe concussion and a shattered leg. The driver suffered a torn...well you probably can guess because let&#39;s say he got caught by the handlebars.....and a broken clavicle and wrist.

I would never go near one but for the many that do I wish you luck.

Still can&#39;t understand why a pro athlete would be on one but that&#39;s just me. Especially if it violates the terms of his contract.

All League
    Man, that stinks, I hope Jamie is going to be OK. The guy he reminds me of is Leon Johnson, another guy with a bunch of talent and flashes of great ability, but just seems to have bad luck and can&#39;t get on the field. Sometimes it just isn&#39;t meant to be, you know?

As for Motorcycles, yes I have ridden (used to have a KZ 1000), but that was when I was young and ignorant. Theres a reason why people in the medical profession call them "DONORcycles"...If my health was so important to my career as a pro athelete, I would be investing in a Caddy or HMMWV 998

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Terrible news.

My prayers are with Jamie and his family.

Jamie was a great "special" team player. Wasn&#39;t it he, who was directly responsible for two punt blocks that led to touchdowns two seasons ago? I believe he scored on one of them and John Abraham got the other?

Man, get well Jamie.

All Pro
    this is a first class BUMMER, and the season didn`t even start yet&#33;
    [img]http://www.fansedge.com/Images/Product/33-30/33-30767-P.jpg[/img]

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Hey Dawg, I thought about you when I read this. That&#39;s Jamie you carry in your avatar no?

All League
    Living and driving in Atlanta, I would say that one of these metro-sexual redneck buttholes had something to do with the accident. IMO ofcourse. <_<