Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How the Jets will trade down...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind+Apr 5 2004, 05:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JetsD-Mastermind @ Apr 5 2004, 05:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Miracle In The Meadowlands[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 05:22 PM
    [b] We&#39;ll soon find out indeed...

[url=http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/story?id=1771912]USC soph is last top WR prospect to run[/url]

USC WR Mike Williams has pushed his individual workout back from April 6 to April 8, and instead of working out on campus in Southern California, Williams will work out near his home at the University of South Florida in Tampa, where he has been training nearby since making his decision to go pro.

After Pittsburgh&#39;s Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.47 at 221 pounds and Texas&#39; Roy Williams ran a 4.37 at 211 pounds, the pressure is on the USC sophomore to have a strong workout. He is the biggest of the three receivers, and if he can run right around 4.50 he will make the decision for NFL teams even more difficult than it is right now. However, if he runs worse than a 4.55, he could easily slip down to the third receiver taken. [/b][/quote]
    Roy Williams has surpassed Mike Williams, Mike is already the 3rd ranked reciever.

Mike won&#39;t run a 4.5, at 235, he ran a 4.65 on a fast track at USC, recently he wieghed in at 245, which has to drop his speed. [/b][/quote]
    In who&#39;s eyes? Not mine. I like Roy, but I&#39;d rather take Mike. He&#39;s perfect for the WCO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    MIke williams is beeter than Roy

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Roy Williams blows Mike Williams away in the talent department, Roy Williams is a faster and stronger Torry Holt.

In the eyes of NFL scouts, GMS, and teams Roy Williams has surpassed Mike, and surpassed him a long time ago.

Why do you think there might be a chance that Mike will be there at 12, because if Roys workout he has solidified himself as a contender for the top wide receiver spot in the draft.

Besides, the fact, the JETS still need playmakers on defense more then a wide receiver.

The JETS do not have the luxury of drafting the best available player like most of you would like to think, the Defense is an area of need, hence the JETS need to draft based on need.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trade Down for depth or Stay High for Top End Talent.....such a question.....

Personally, I think our D HAS ALREADY been upgraded quite abit, at a number of positions (as I outline, in depth, in another thread). Any D-Players we draft will be for Depth, and will NOT be starters unless there is a major injury. We need a Backup/#4 CB, a Backup LB and a Backup Safety. All can be found in rounds 3 thru 6.

If Kellen Winslow or Roy Williams or Mike Williams drop to #12, any of those three could and would (IMO) win a starting spot on the 2004 JETS. Either Williams beets out Moss IMO and likely McCareins too (and save the bashing of me for my Moss opinions to the "other" Moss thread alright, LOL). Winslow IMO easily beats our both Becht (gone anyway in 2005) and Baker (who I hoped would develop, and might still).

We also need a Guard (just one) to keep Penny Safe from harm. I think one could be found late, but you never know.......stila Guard at #12 (or anywhere else in round #1) is a waste in this draft IMO.

Will I cry if we get Roy or Mike Williams or Winslow at #12 and go D the rest of the way (with maybe an O-Guard in their somewhere)??? Hell No&#33;

Will I cry if we tarde down, get a 2nd, and get Ware (CB UCLA), Boulware (LB) and Snee (or another OG) in round #3???? Hell No&#33;

We can win a number of ways in the 2004 draft IMO.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsD-Mastermind[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:59 PM
    [b] Besides, the fact, the JETS still need playmakers on defense more then a wide receiver.

The JETS do not have the luxury of drafting the best available player like most of you would like to think, the Defense is an area of need, hence the JETS need to draft based on need. [/b][/quote]
    John Abraham is the only player on either side of the ball that other teams worry about. Regardless of what people here think about Santana Moss. Abraham is THE only impact player on this team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Miracle In The Meadowlands[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 04:42 PM
    [b]
    [u]49ers:[/u] With the departure of both TO and Tai Streets, the 49ers are hard pressed to find an impact WR. The 49ers are already looking at Reggie Williams at #16, but given the opportunity to draft Mike Williams, the 49ers might want to jump ahead of the Bills. If this scenario were to take place, the 49ers would package their 3rd round pick and the #16 overall pick to the Jets for the #12 (based on the draft value chart).
    [/b][/quote]
    i hope your right&#33; mike williams to the niners&#33; :D :)