Thread: Trivia question: # of Jet Home openers

Veteran
    OK, experts,,,,
    Since the Jets have moved to the Meadowlands, how many times have those Giant fans who work in the NFL offices allowed us to open the season at Home?

You would think 50%, but lets find out how many times the 'odds' have put us at home to open the season?

[quote][i]Originally posted by southernjet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 05:03 PM
    [b] OK, experts,,,,
    Since the Jets have moved to the Meadowlands, how many times have those Giant fans who work in the NFL offices allowed us to open the season at Home?

You would think 50%, but lets find out how many times the 'odds' have put us at home open the season? [/b][/quote]
    I want to say 5 or 6 times.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

never. we've never opened a season at home. (that's the correct answer, right, cause we don't have a home being second class citizens and all)

Don't know the answer, but I would guess not too often. I can think of only 2 times, against Indy in 01 (L) and many years against Denver (W)

Yeah, I can remember once or maybe twice. I know its not very often at all cause each year I have to wait for the second or third game of the season for a home game to watch. Its pathetic, and it just goes to show you what the league thinks of our team. Once we get our new stadium, we might start to be considered a "real" team.

Veteran
    Hint:

It will make you realize that the Jets get hosed by NFL front office.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

My guess is twice, We must have got a home game on sun. when the GIANTS OPENED ON that thurs. night and i`m guessing somewhere along the line the giants probobly opened on a monday night and we probobly got a home opener then also ,so my answer is 2

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't remember many at all. I'll guess 3. Angry

5 times. '89, '91, '93, '99, '01

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

thats 25 % once every 4 years,I thought it would be worse, the way this topic was going

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 06:15 PM
    [b] thats 25 % once every 4 years,I thought it would be worse, the way this topic was going [/b][/quote]
    I don't think the ratio was any better at Shea, I think it might have been worse.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

They should have made a trophy where the winner of the preseason game between both tenents JETS/GIANTS ,gets the home opener the following year,any when we play during the season that game would override the preseason game

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by nyjunc+Apr 5 2004, 06:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (nyjunc @ Apr 5 2004, 06:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--joiseyjet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 06:15 PM
    [b] thats 25 % once every 4 years,I thought it would be worse, the way this topic was going [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think the ratio was any better at Shea, I think it might have been worse. [/b][/quote]
    thats because the mets were the jets landlord at shea and the baseball season was still strong in sept.

its not right nfl doesnt step in and say the jets need more parity in season openers....this team needs the emotional boost of a home opener after 3 bad starts the last 3 years,,it would be nice to open at home....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by nyjunc+Apr 5 2004, 06:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (nyjunc @ Apr 5 2004, 06:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--joiseyjet[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 06:15 PM
    I don&#39;t think the ratio was any better at Shea, I think it might have been worse. [/b][/quote]
    i don&#39;t think they ever opened at home at shea, they didn&#39;t have the use of the stadium until october.