Thread: Bring back Albert Johnson?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was watching NFL Europe and there he was again breaking kickoff returns..with the event of Bates leaving and the unknown status of J Carter why not bring this guy back? he seemed ok here before he was cut for Bates..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seems like a reasonable idea, I won't like it though if he takes up a roster spot of someone more important...in that case I will put faith in Carter.

wickedtwisted
    J Carter is coming off a serious knee injury. We need to make sure he has fully recovered.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    not a bad idea

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by wickedtwisted[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 07:06 PM
    [b] J Carter is coming off a serious knee injury. We need to make sure he has fully recovered. [/b][/quote]
    No he isn't, he didn't even have surgery.

Carter could have played the final week of the season, but the team opted to shut him down.

He is completely healthy, and participating in the off-season conditioning program.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't the knock on Johnson that he was one dimensional and couldn't do anything but return kicks? If that were the case, I can't see how the CS/FO would want him back if he isnt a multidimensional player.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    he would fit perfect as a special teamer

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Lawyers, Guns and Money[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:55 PM
    [b] Wasn't the knock on Johnson that he was one dimensional and couldn't do anything but return kicks? If that were the case, I can't see how the CS/FO would want him back if he isnt a multidimensional player. [/b][/quote]
    Yes. I think Westhoff alluded to that? Great kick returner, but wasn't much of a contributor anywhere else.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What else did Michael Bates do? he did not seem to make many tackles and took stupid penalties..just an idea, AJ was getting a lot of reps at wr in Europe as well.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by 4HCrew[/i]@Apr 6 2004, 08:16 AM
    [b] What else did Michael Bates do? he did not seem to make many tackles and took stupid penalties..just an idea, AJ was getting a lot of reps at wr in Europe as well. [/b][/quote]
    Believe Bates was also a gunner on kick coverage. He may not have excelled in it, but was at least able to do more than just 3-6 plays a game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a bad idea, but Westhoff didn't like the fact he was only good for carrying the ball. If Moss didn't handle punts, maybe. AJ also didn't appreciate the way he was handled, though that probably wouldn't preclude his return.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19+Apr 5 2004, 09:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Ray Ray19 @ Apr 5 2004, 09:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--wickedtwisted[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 07:06 PM
    [b] J Carter is coming off a serious knee injury. We need to make sure he has fully recovered. [/b][/quote]
    No he isn&#39;t, he didn&#39;t even have surgery.

Carter could have played the final week of the season, but the team opted to shut him down.

He is completely healthy, and participating in the off-season conditioning program. [/b][/quote]
    RayRay-

Is that true? I&#39;ve asked this question a dozen times on this board and no one has every responded with any facts.

Some have even said he had reconstructive surgery and I never heard ANY official reports like that.

If he is healthy and working out, that would be a very good thing for the Jets.