Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod Davis

Rod davis is a great MLB, i would love to have him in the 2nd round if we traded down, but his speed is slow at 4.75 in the 40 but his stats are outrageous. Do you guys think that we should take this guy if he is still on the board in the second or do we pass. and should ew be that worried about his 4 time or should ew let his stats speak for them self????

or are there any other mlb besides Vilma that we could take.

...I think your reaching very hard so people agree with your mock draft

all im doing is asking an opinion. if you dont want to answer than dont.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetMan55[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 08:22 PM
    [b] Rod davis is a great MLB, i would love to have him in the 2nd round if we traded down, but his speed is slow at 4.75 in the 40 but his stats are outrageous. Do you guys think that we should take this guy if he is still on the board in the second or do we pass. and should ew be that worried about his 4 time or should ew let his stats speak for them self???? [/b][/quote]
    The JETS can get him in the 4th.

Yes there are other good middle lineabackers besides Vilma, the JETS can grab Courteny Watson in the late 2nd/early 3rd.

He's 6'1, 234, 4.55 speed, and good strength. He's good against the run for his size, but can still improve upon his coverage skills. He is considered to be the prototype "Tampa Backer" - fast, tenacious, and is very tough.

no way he lasts till the 4th

In my opinion, [b]Michael Boulware[/b] would be better in the 2nd round.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetMan55[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:13 PM
    [b] no way he lasts till the 4th [/b][/quote]
    This guy off the bat was considered a 3rd rounder at best, and now because of his bad workout his stock dropped to the 5th round.

He's horrible in coverage, but he is a tough player with good leadership and is more of a run down type linebacker.

But he'll definately be there in the 4th, possibly even the 5th when the JETS pick.

And yes there are other good middle lineabackers besides Vilma, the JETS can grab Courteny Watson in the late 2nd/early 3rd.

He's 6'1, 234, 4.55 speed, and good strength. He's good against the run for his size, but can still improve upon his coverage skills. He is considered to be the prototype "Tampa Backer" - fast, tenacious, and is very tough.

[url=http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2004/showplayer.php?key=Rod%20Davis]http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2004/showplay...key=Rod%20Davis[/url]

This is what i have read about this guy.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetMan55[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:17 PM
    [b] [url=http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2004/showplayer.php?key=Rod%20Davis]http://www.nflfans.com/draft/2004/showplay...key=Rod%20Davis[/url]

This is what i have read about this guy. [/b][/quote]
    This guy is too one sided of a player to be taken in round 2.

Courteny Watson is soooooo much better, much better fit with what the JETS want.

id rather have Davis

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetMan55[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:32 PM
    [b] id rather have Davis [/b][/quote]
    Rod Davis is a good player, but he doesn't have the talent that Watson does.

Also, Watson is a much better leader, and is an everydown player.

Davis is so slow in chaning Direction, he wouldn't help this team much except on Special Teams coverage units.

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetMan55[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:32 PM
    Don't bother trying to have an opinion around JetsDMastermind. He apparantly knows everything :rolleyes:

thanks for the info

Bitter
    If you want Davis, don't waste a 2nd. round pick on him. He'll be around in the 3rd. round at the very least. More than likely deep into the 4th. round. He might turn out to be a good player but he's not all that fast and doesn't have real great size. 6'2" 237

[quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76+Apr 5 2004, 10:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Boozer76 @ Apr 5 2004, 10:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JetMan55[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:32 PM
    Don&#39;t bother trying to have an opinion around JetsDMastermind. He apparantly knows everything :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    JetsDM Is just offering good advice and backing his opinion while Jetman is just sayin he wants davis :)

[quote][i]Originally posted by CUJet+Apr 5 2004, 11:21 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (CUJet @ Apr 5 2004, 11:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Boozer76@Apr 5 2004, 10:07 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--JetMan55[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:32 PM
    Don&#39;t bother trying to have an opinion around JetsDMastermind. He apparantly knows everything :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    JetsDM Is just offering good advice and backing his opinion while Jetman is just sayin he wants davis :) [/b][/quote]
    Actually to be honest I agree with JDM and you that Davis is a huge reach in the 2nd round and I don&#39;t like the pick. My statement on JDM was more of a general one.

all rod davis did at southern miss was make plays......i had the opportunity to see his can film and meet him at indy and i willl tell you many people came awya impressed with him one on one but were shocked at his numbers.....but he has better film than even vilma or dansby......he&#39;ll go in round three or four but he was way too productive to go lower.......two is way too high......but i love the guy

[quote][i]Originally posted by bongo59[/i]@Apr 6 2004, 12:11 AM
    [b] all rod davis did at southern miss was make plays......i had the opportunity to see his can film and meet him at indy and i willl tell you many people came awya impressed with him one on one but were shocked at his numbers.....but he has better film than even vilma or dansby......he&#39;ll go in round three or four but he was way too productive to go lower.......two is way too high......but i love the guy [/b][/quote]
    You a scout Bongo?

Not second-guessing you, just curious.

Anyway, my impression of Davis is that he&#39;ll be a hell of a LB against the run. Against the pass..... he&#39;ll be a hell of a LB against the run.

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetMan55[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 09:13 PM
    [b] no way he lasts till the 4th [/b][/quote]
    Davis was supposed to be a second rounder until he ran a 40 yard dash so bad that he would be lucky to get drafted at all. Even if he improvees his 40 time, he will most likely go between round three and round six.