Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rod Davis

Anyone who would drop Davis from a 2nd or 3rd round pick to not being
    drafted at all because of a bad 40 time is pretty clueless about football imo.
    He is a very good run stopping LB who will get drafted.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JetMan55[/i]@Apr 5 2004, 08:30 PM
    [b] or are there any other mlb besides Vilma that we could take. [/b][/quote]
    Why would the Jets need yet another ILB/MLB??

Hobson and Barton are both natural MLB and Cowart wants to play MLB. If the Jets get a second round choice and Boulware is not available to them they should take a look at Keyaron Fox of GT or Demmorio Williams of Nebraksa; two fast, explosive OLB's that can play weak-side....that's what they need.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by bongo59[/i]@Apr 6 2004, 12:11 AM
    [b] all rod davis did at southern miss was make plays......i had the opportunity to see his can film and meet him at indy and i willl tell you many people came awya impressed with him one on one but were shocked at his numbers.....but he has better film than even vilma or dansby......he'll go in round three or four but he was way too productive to go lower.......two is way too high......but i love the guy [/b][/quote]
    But he's a two down defender which the Jets don't need and from a pro-prospect point of view wasn't even the best LB on his team....

btw: were you at the Rock for the game? I was there on a "business" trip in '02 and watched Ragone bring UL back from 10 pts down with 12 minutes left.