Thread: Teacher watch: Sex assaults on students

Hall Of Fame
    Paterson Teacher Accused Of Having Sex With13 Year-Old Boy

(Morristown-WABC, February 24, 2003) A Paterson teacher is accused of having sex with a 13 year-old student at least 20 times. Thirty-five year-old Jodi Thorp surrendered to authorities Monday.
    Watch the Story

Prosecutors say Thorp had sex with the boy at her Mendham home between June 2001 and September 2002. The boy, who is now 15 years-old, was a students in the nonprofit business Thorp ran called HUGS, Helping Underprivileged and Gifted Students, the prosecutor's office said.

Students enrolled in HUGS participated in fund-raising and community service activities, as well as field trips, under Thorp's supervision. Prosecutors say she also took students to her home for weekend visits after getting written permission from parents.

The Paterson school district participated in the three-month investigation, the prosecutor's office said.

Thorp, a five year teaching veteran, maintains her innocence, said her lawyer, Robert E. Dunn. She was suspended with pay several months ago after teaching seventh-grade social studies at School 24, according to Dunn, who added that the 35 year-old is married and expects a child in April.

Thorp was released on $75,000 bail set by state Superior Court Judge Catherine M. Langlois. She faces charges of aggravated sexual assault, aggravated sexual contact and endangering the welfare of a child. If convicted on all counts, Thorp faces 10 to 20 years in prison.

All Pro
    20 times! Wow! Why couldn't my 11th grade math teacher do that!!!!

I feel obligated to claim this is a tragedy....but I kinda wonder just how hard she had to work to get the teenager to comply.

Hall Of Fame
    That kid must have been hung like a horse, huh?

Thorp ran called HUGS, Helping Underprivileged and Gifted Students, the prosecutor's office said.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it funny that the program she ran was called ...HUGS.

All Pro
    I know I'm 1000 miles away from the situation, but was the kid really irreperably harmed by it?

How did the story break? Did the kid complain...or did someone he bragged to rat him out?

Again...not that I approve of it...

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JerryK[/i]@Apr 7 2004, 10:12 AM
    [b] I know I'm 1000 miles away from the situation, but was the kid really irreperably harmed by it?

How did the story break? Did the kid complain...or did someone he bragged to rat him out?

Again...not that I approve of it... [/b][/quote]
    15 year olds should be playing pony league baseball, not f*cking their 11th grade teacher, dude. :lol: