Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faces of the Fallen Mosaic

All League
    [img]http://65.216.239.9/pics/politics/Bush_Iraq.jpg[/img]

All Pro
    1500 or so pictures....seems a little high. Are you including Afghanistan...and implying that Afghanistan action is wrong?

As long as Middle Eastern Muslims espouse their Klingon values, someone is going to die.

As for the number of dead and this picture...a lot more Americans died when Lincoln and Ike and Truman were president....what does this clever photoshop excercise demonstrate?

All League
    Some of the pictures are repeats. The program tries to find the best match to the background image. By next year at this rate there will be nearly 1500 dead soldiers. The point of the photo was to put the faces of the fallen in contrast to the man who sent them to their death.

Unfortunately this mosiac is about to get a lot bigger. May they rest in peace...

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Apr 7 2004, 11:49 AM
    [b] The point of the photo was to put the faces of the fallen in contrast to the man who sent them to their death. [/b][/quote]
    Well, there certainly aren't any photos of Allah or Mohammed. .

jerryK blaming their deaths on Mohammed is like blaming Iraqi civilian deaths on Jesus. Its bull****.

All Pro
    How clever of moveon.org. Liberals - doing their part to keep America safe.

That's exactly what Osama is counting on.

Weeb do you really think that if/when the US takes out Osama that terrorism will stop?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Perfect example of how shameless so many of you lefty democrats are. You will politicize anything -- even the faces of fallen soldiers.

All League
    [quote][b]Perfect example of how shameless so many of you lefty democrats are. You will politicize anything -- even the faces of fallen soldiers. [/b][/quote]

Its a political War. Bush has thrown these soldiers into harms way for personal reasons, not for national security. He has yet to go to any funerals.

Hall Of Fame
    [img]http://www.optixart.com/images/Faces_of_the_Brave-web-4.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Apr 7 2004, 01:26 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Perfect example of how shameless so many of you lefty democrats are. You will politicize anything -- even the faces of fallen soldiers. [/b][/quote]

Its a political War. Bush has thrown these soldiers into harms way for personal reasons, not for national security. He has yet to go to any funerals. [/b][/quote]
    You're a joke Section.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 7 2004, 12:58 PM
    [b] jerryK blaming their deaths on Mohammed is like blaming Iraqi civilian deaths on Jesus. Its bull****. [/b][/quote]
    When was the last time something blew up and you genuinely wondered if a Hindu did it? or a Buddist? or an Athiest? or Billy Graham? That Dalai Lama...he sure can't be trusted.

But don't get me wrong....I'm not saying Muslims are wrong to shove dynamite in the face of anyone they don't like.....everyone's gotta have a hobby.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 7 2004, 01:14 PM
    [b] Weeb do you really think that if/when the US takes out Osama that terrorism will stop? [/b][/quote]
    I use the name as the leader of the modern terrorist movement.

Do you think that if we disengage from the rest of the world, terrorism will just stop? We could pull out our troops from everywhere in the world, stop using any ME oil and abandon Israel and if you think they are going to stop what they started from WTC 1 on, there's no point debating you.

We are the richest, most successful, non-islamic, democracies on the planet. We either stomp them out now or give up our standing, our ideals and our religious freedoms.

Take your pick.

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Apr 7 2004, 02:03 PM
    [b] We are the richest, most successful, non-islamic, democracies on the planet. We either stomp them out now or give up our standing, our ideals and our religious freedoms.

Take your pick. [/b][/quote]
    I don't know if I'd go that far, but modern Islam (If that exists) does need to learn to let other kids play in the sandbox.

Pre WW2 Japan had the same problem. Now they're friendlier neighbors.

Too bad so many people must die on both sides before the simple philosopy "be nice" is understood.

All League
    [quote][b]When was the last time something blew up and you genuinely wondered if a Hindu did it? or a Buddist? or an Athiest? or Billy Graham? That Dalai Lama...he sure can't be trusted.
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah no one would ever suspect a clean shaven whitebread kid from the U.S. (Timmothy McVeigh) or an ex-Harvard professor gone nuts (Uni-bomber) or a rich little white kid who has had everything handed to him (W.)

[quote][b]Pre WW2 Japan had the same problem. Now they're friendlier neighbors.
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah we should drop some nukes on them and turn Iraq into glass. Then maybe they will become our allies. Hmm maybe Bush was onto something when we proposed billions of dollars to develope gernade sized mini-nukes.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Apr 7 2004, 03:00 PM
    [b] [quote][b]When was the last time something blew up and you genuinely wondered if a Hindu did it? or a Buddist? or an Athiest? or Billy Graham? That Dalai Lama...he sure can't be trusted.
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah no one would ever suspect a clean shaven whitebread kid from the U.S. (Timmothy McVeigh) or an ex-Harvard professor gone nuts (Uni-bomber) or a rich little white kid who has had everything handed to him (W.)

[quote][b]Pre WW2 Japan had the same problem. Now they're friendlier neighbors.
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah we should drop some nukes on them and turn Iraq into glass. Then maybe they will become our allies. Hmm maybe Bush was onto something when we proposed billions of dollars to develope gernade sized mini-nukes. [/b][/quote]
    Don't tell me, let me guess.

You think dropping the a-bombs was wrong too.

All League
    [quote][b]Don't tell me, let me guess.

You think dropping the a-bombs was wrong too.[/b][/quote]

I don't know I'm not a WWII historian, but I have heard the theory that Japan was on the verge of surrendering and the only reason we used the bomb was to scare the Russians. In that case then definatly yes I am against it.

Speaking as a Veteran if I ever died in armed conflict, whether politically correct armed conflict or not, if someone used my picture as a part of a mosaic like they did here with Bush I would trust that my family, my best friends, and a few of my cousins would find whoever created this mosaic and kindly...explain to them that my picture is not to be used for such a purpose.

I'm sure that when my remaining loved ones finished...explaining to the creator of this mosaic that creator would fully comprehend their...explanation.

All League
    [quote][b]Speaking as a Veteran if I ever died in armed conflict, whether politically correct armed conflict or not, if someone used my picture as a part of a mosaic like they did here with Bush I would trust that my family, my best friends, and a few of my cousins would find whoever created this mosaic and kindly...explain to them that my picture is not to be used for such a purpose.

I'm sure that when my remaining loved ones finished...explaining to the creator of this mosaic that creator would fully comprehend their...explanation.
    Report this post
    [/b][/quote]

I didn't create the photo. I only create those photos of pussies. I created this for my girlfriend and had it printed on a poster board, it hangs in her office and she gets a lot of compliments and people think it was done professionally.

[img]http://65.216.239.9/Solomon.JPG[/img]