Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bush turns back on POWs.

All League
    Charter JI Member

I guess the Bush family loses interest after these folks are done taking bullets for them.

National Briefing: Washington

Published: April 8, 2004

ADMINISTRATION OPPOSES AWARD TO PRISONERS

The Bush administration urged an appeals court to overturn a judge's order awarding nearly $1 billion in Iraqi money to 17 Americans taken prisoner by Saddam Hussein's military in the 1991 Persian Gulf war. Lawyers for the P.O.W.'s, who were tortured and starved, countered that the award — to be paid from Iraqi government assets frozen in this country — in no way threatened the rebuilding of Iraq, taking issue with the central argument of the administration. Gregory Katsas, a Justice Department lawyer, said that foreign policy interests were at stake and that the claims should be handled through diplomatic channels rather than the courts. (AP)

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 08:55 AM
    [b] I guess the Bush family loses interest after these folks are done taking bullets for them.

National Briefing: Washington

Published: April 8, 2004

ADMINISTRATION OPPOSES AWARD TO PRISONERS

The Bush administration urged an appeals court to overturn a judge's order awarding nearly $1 billion in Iraqi money to 17 Americans taken prisoner by Saddam Hussein's military in the 1991 Persian Gulf war. Lawyers for the P.O.W.'s, who were tortured and starved, countered that the award — to be paid from Iraqi government assets frozen in this country — in no way threatened the rebuilding of Iraq, taking issue with the central argument of the administration. Gregory Katsas, a Justice Department lawyer, said that foreign policy interests were at stake and that the claims should be handled through diplomatic channels rather than the courts. (AP) [/b][/quote]
    Maybe he's afraid John Kerry will steal them, throw them away then claim they are his.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Huh? You're making even less sense than usual.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 10:24 AM
    [b] Huh? You're making even less sense than usual. [/b][/quote]
    I'm just stating the facts of previous history...oh, I forgot, you're a lib and have no use for facts.

[quote][b]Huh?[/b][/quote]

One of the most intelligent things to come from you!

All League
    Charter JI Member

Didn't even read the post, did you? Idiot.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 08:55 AM
    [b] I guess the Bush family loses interest after these folks are done taking bullets for them.

[/b][/quote]
    Or maybe they just feel that one subset of soldiers shouldn't receive more compensation for their experiences(no matter how negative) that is inconsistent with the compensation of all the other soldiers involved.

It is horrible that these men had to endure such horrible conditions as POW's. But what makes them more deserving or monetary compensation more so than a Soldier ho was gilled in a gunfire? They are soldiers, and they understand that possibilities of their volunteering are death, major injury, and even horrific torture. They know this going in. I have no qualms with compensating the families of dead soldiers, but compensate them evenly. How is it fair to give the families of 17 soldiers 58 million each and none to the remaining thousands of soldiers who lose their lives?

[/QUOTE]

Amen Boozer! I don't think it had anything to do with the Bush family turning their back. If they would have let it happen, the anti-Bush would have argued it the other way. It's like a double edged sword.

Hall Of Fame
    Headline:

[b][u]Greedy attorneys seek huge contingency fee for suing wealthy government.[/u][/b]

A consortium of greedy bastids spent the better part of the last decade trying to figure out how they can cash in on a big lawsuit similar to the tobacco landfall where a huge portion of the settlement costs are going into the pockets of litigators.

Having not found a way to glom onto the tobacco settlement, these vultures prayers were answered by United States and its allies when they began to seize the assets of the murderous Iraqi regime.

Noting that there was more than $1.7 Billion dollars locked away, these vermin suddenly found compassion for former Iraqi POW's that were never a consideration before. Being skilled in the art of persuasion, these lowlife litigators convinced the brave young men and women that gave their all to survive their tortuous [i]weeks[/i] of capture, that they deserved tens of millions of dollars for their experience. Never once looking back at the brave young soldiers that endured [i]years[/i] of similar treatment in Cambodia and VietNam, all of which apparently deserve nothing. Why? Oh that's right, their captors don't have Billions stashed away.

This isn't about reparations, this isn't about pain and suffering, this isn't about disability brought about by brutal dictators, this is about nothing more than a big score for a handful of lawyers.

(No offense LL)

All League
    The money should be spent on the tens of thousands of soldiers still suffering from Gulf War syndrome.

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 10:32 AM
    [b] Didn't even read the post, did you? Idiot. [/b][/quote]
    Hey boob....

[img]http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/products/a301/a301.gif[/img]

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Pay GI's for being captured?? What about Soldiers that spent years
    as POW's in Nam or WW2?? This is a ploy by the Trial lawyers that
    are part of the Democratic party plain and simple!! Anything they can
    do to try and hurt the President is done on a daily basis! To bad they
    just can't come up with a candidate that had ideas that would be a help
    to the Country! I'm still not sure that Kerry won't be unseated as the DEM
    candidate if Madame Hillary decides to throw her Bra into the ring come the
    Dem Convention!! :rolleyes:

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 01:39 PM
    [b] Pay GI's for being captured?? What about Soldiers that spent years
    as POW's in Nam or WW2?? This is a ploy by the Trial lawyers that
    are part of the Democratic party plain and simple!! Anything they can
    do to try and hurt the President is done on a daily basis! To bad they
    just can't come up with a candidate that had ideas that would be a help
    to the Country! I'm still not sure that Kerry won't be unseated as the DEM
    Dem Convention!! :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Savage, you forgot to mention in this post how you served our country. I believe you mentioned that you saw combat, too. Therefore, your opinion on the subject trumps anyone that never served or were never shot at. After all, our liberal friends keep telling us that those who weren't in "it" have no valid opinion on the subject.

So I'm wondering aloud, what war did BTJF serve in?

All League
    [quote][b]Savage, you forgot to mention in this post how you served our country. I believe you mentioned that you saw combat, too.[/b][/quote]

I think he has mentioned it once or twice before.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 01:47 PM
    [b]Savage, you forgot to mention in this post how you served our country. I believe you mentioned that you saw combat, too. Therefore, your opinion on the subject trumps anyone that never served or were never shot at. After all, our liberal friends keep telling us that those who weren't in "it" have no valid opinion on the subject.

So I'm wondering aloud, what war did BTJF serve in?[/b][/quote]
    I wasn't a Combat soldier! I was in the AF 494th Bomb Wing B 52's!
    My Friend Hermanator was a Gunner on a Chopper! And by the way
    I consider a Liberal who spent time in the Peace Corps as one who
    also served his Country! The only fighting I ever did was in Airports
    and Bars when on leave when some Peacenik or Hippie tried spitting on me! :lol:
    But having lived in those times you get a better perspective then
    someone that read books about it or learned about it in school! ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+Apr 8 2004, 01:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb @ Apr 8 2004, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--savage69[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 01:39 PM
    [b] Pay GI&#39;s for being captured?? What about Soldiers that spent years
    as POW&#39;s in Nam or WW2?? This is a ploy by the Trial lawyers that
    are part of the Democratic party plain and simple&#33;&#33; Anything they can
    do to try and hurt the President is done on a daily basis&#33; To bad they
    just can&#39;t come up with a candidate that had ideas that would be a help
    to the Country&#33; I&#39;m still not sure that Kerry won&#39;t be unseated as the DEM
    Dem Convention&#33;&#33; :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Savage, you forgot to mention in this post how you served our country. I believe you mentioned that you saw combat, too. Therefore, your opinion on the subject trumps anyone that never served or were never shot at. After all, our liberal friends keep telling us that those who weren&#39;t in "it" have no valid opinion on the subject.

So I&#39;m wondering aloud, what war did BTJF serve in? [/b][/quote]
    Bob has been awfully quiet on his own thread.

Does he often just drop some goofy article and then disappear or does he actually believe in anything?

All League
    [quote][b]I wasn&#39;t a Combat soldier&#33; I was in the AF 494th Bomb Wing B 52&#39;s&#33;
    My Friend Hermanator was a Gunner on a Chopper&#33; And by the way
    I consider a Liberal who spent time in the Peace Corps as one who
    also served his Country&#33; The only fighting I ever did was in Airports
    and Bars when on leave when some Peacenik or Hippie tried spitting on me&#33;
    But having lived in those times you get a better perspective then
    someone that read books about it or learned about it in school&#33; [/b][/quote]

I have done some contracting work for the Peace Corps, so have I served my country? I secured their network for them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 03:13 PM
    [b]I have done some contracting work for the Peace Corps, so have I served my country? I secured their network for them.[/b][/quote]
    Not making Money in a Business Deal&#33; If you Volunteered a
    few years in a foreign Country then yes..You served your Country&#33;
    And I don&#39;t mean going abroad and doing Anti USA stuff either&#33; :lol:

All League
    Charter JI Member

What&#39;s goofy about the article, Piper? It&#39;s just an account of the Bush administration trying to take away money that a court awarded to POWs.

I believe Bush is a bad guy who has no use for people once they no longer serves his needs. His cuts to VA benefits are another symptom of the same problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 04:00 PM
    [b] What&#39;s goofy about the article, Piper? It&#39;s just an account of the Bush administration trying to take away money that a court awarded to POWs.

I believe Bush is a bad guy who has no use for people once they no longer serves his needs. His cuts to VA benefits are another symptom of the same problem. [/b][/quote]
    Do you believe Kerry is a &#39;better&#39; guy, who cares about people and will increase benefits for everyone(including the current GI&#39;s who he voted against the last chance he had)?