Thread: T-Mac, this one's for you

EVER wonder what happens to all the money pro sports teams collect in fines from players who are late to practice or missing at team meetings? The New Jersey Devils evidently bank the dough until the season is over and then treat the players and their significant others to a huge banquet at Tao. On Monday, Martin Broduer and the rest of the Devils spent $11,000 on kobe beef and vintage wines and left a $4,000 tip. They were also celebrating their captain Scott Stevens' 40th birthday. The spread of desserts included a fortune cookie that read, "The road to the Stanley Cup starts here."

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

The hex lives on! Great news, 3G.

Let's hope your Devs are feeling full and bloated from too much steak and still have a hangover from the wine. Or in Scott Stevens case....the WHINE. Arrrrggghhh...I BOOOOO....HISSSSS Devs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

They just asked me to fill in for the guy who does the 3-11 shift. Ha! I don't think so. I'll be in front of the TV at Lucky's.

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Apr 8 2004, 12:22 PM
    They just asked me to fill in for the guy who does the 3-11 shift. Ha! I don't think so. I'll be in front of the TV at Lucky's.
    You mean you'll be at UNLUCKY'S.

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!