Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Iraqi militants threaten to burn three foreign

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This just proves that they are third world scum. I would like one Lib to try and put a positive spin on this! ...... if this works and Japan pulls out or if they don't and these *******s burn them alive.. I say F#%$ it and Drop the Big One. Because there is no hope for Iraq.

This is
    LONDON
    08/04/04 - News and city section

'We will burn them alive'
    By Colin Freeman, Evening Standard in Baghdad

Iraqi militants are today threatening to burn three foreign hostages to death unless their country quits the US-led coalition.

Two Japanese men and one woman are being held by a previously unknown group which has vowed to kill them if Japanese soldiers do not leave Iraq. Elsewhere, seven South Koreans are being held hostage west of Baghdad by an unknown group, while a British man has been reported missing in the south.

The plight of the Japanese hostages - two aid workers and one journalist was revealed in dramatic video footage shown on al-Jazeera TV. It showed the three surrounded by masked gunmen, who claimed to be from Saraya al-Mujahideen, "the squadrons of holy warriors".

A written statement said: "Three of your sons have fallen in our hands. We offer you two choices: either pull out your forces, or we will burn them alive.

We give you three days starting the day this tape is broadcast."

The tape showed three passports and in Tokyo an official confirmed the abductions. One of the two men was named as Noriaki Imai, thought to be an aid worker based in New York. The other, Soichiro Koriyama, is thought to work for the Weekly Asahi, Japan's best-selling news magazine. The woman was named as Nahoko Takato. Japan has 550 troops in Iraq in its first overseas deployment since the Second World War.

London-born Gary Teeley, 37, has disappeared in the increasingly anarchic city of Nasariyah, the Foreign Office said. He is thought to have been working for a Qatari firm providing non-military services.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the irony of the situation: two of the three captured prisoners are from an anti-American, pro-peace activist group in Japan and were reportedly on a mission to find depleted uranium in Iraq from American bombs that were dropped.

[quote][b]The writings are on a Japanese language website that gives strong indication that the kidnapped Mr. Noriaki Imai was connected to an anti-American, pro-peace activist group in Japan, with activities centering on "DU" (depleted uranium) and the US mission in Iraq. To readers in Japan, he makes reference to his dangerous travel yesterday from Amman, Jordan, to Baghdad, along with another Japanese who is also listed as a kidnap victim. It is now reported he and the other two Japanese never made it to Baghdad, and have been given three days to live by Islamofascist terrorists.[/b][/quote]

The Japanese website of the kidnapped Japanese Mr. Imai is: [url=http://www.nodu-hiroshima.org/]http://www.nodu-hiroshima.org/[/url]

Further, he writes in his e mail (yesterday) that he his being accompanied by Miss Nahoko Takati (who has also been captured and threatened with death).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "there is no hope for Iraq"

wait you mean there won't be a happy shiny democracy there like Bush believes there can be?

ya mean bringing stone age religious fantatics into the 21st century by dropping bombs on them isn't gonna work?

holy sh-t stop the presses&#33; that&#39;s a real news flash&#33;&#33; <_<

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I&#39;m a lib and I&#39;ll put a spin on it..this wouldn&#39;t have happened if we didn&#39;t invade&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]I&#39;m a lib and I&#39;ll put a spin on it..this wouldn&#39;t have happened if we didn&#39;t invade&#33; [/b][/quote]

And 9/11 might not have happened if Bush Sr. didn&#39;t invade.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    guys cmon we needed to invade - to protect the corrupt and inefficient ENERGY industry.

also don&#39;t forget about our friends the JEWS

between OIL and ISRAEL you have 99.9% of the reasons why this war happened.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 02:20 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I&#39;m a lib and I&#39;ll put a spin on it..this wouldn&#39;t have happened if we didn&#39;t invade&#33; [/b][/quote]

And 9/11 might not have happened if Bush Sr. didn&#39;t invade. [/b][/quote]
    Oh wait, I thought there was abolutely no tie between Iraq and Al-Queda.

Now I see it the connection. Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh, by the way, the next time a foreign aggressor tries to occupy our soil, oh say Hawaii, I hope our allies come to our aid like we did Kuwait. Sheesh.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Oh wait, I thought there was abolutely no tie between Iraq and Al-Queda.

[/b][/quote]

If you actually do some research into Al Queda you will see that Bin Laden&#39;s main catalyst was the US using Saudi Arabia as a staging ground for the Gulf War. The link is that our aggression in the middle east fueled Al Queda and our efforts now are doing the same thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 02:20 PM
    [b] [quote][b]I&#39;m a lib and I&#39;ll put a spin on it..this wouldn&#39;t have happened if we didn&#39;t invade&#33; [/b][/quote]

And 9/11 might not have happened if Bush Sr. didn&#39;t invade. [/b][/quote]
    True, and yet it may have still happened anyway. US interests had been getting attacked by terrorists for many years prior to the first Gulf War, Section. Saddam may have also conquered more and more land in the ME and could have controlled that entire region by now if left unabated. He also most certainly would have had huge stockpiles of WMD by now and who knows how far along his nuke programs would be or how much additional funding and power Hamas would have. A whole lot of Kurdish people and other Arabs would be dead too, as a result of his aggression and the "world community" would simply ***** about America "not doing enough", like they did recently in Haiti. When we intervene, we&#39;re being imperialist. When we don&#39;t, we&#39;re "isolationists." The Europeans have been *****ing about BOTH for decades now, even while they stand and watch people in their own countries getting slaughtered. It wasn&#39;t America that started two world wars, it was EUROPE.

But that stuff doesn&#39;t matter, right? Besides, I thought it was all about the Crusades, or some such nonsense. OBL also *****ed about the sanctions on Iraqi civilians as a main "cause" for 9-11. Now the sanctions are over and Iraq civilians have a chance at freedom, but guess who&#39;s men are KILLING THEM - Yup - OBL&#39;s&#33;&#33;&#33; This is the same guy who was so concerned about their welfare (well, not the Kurds). Face it - OBL can SAY whatever he wants to about the reasons for this or that. It is a joke to take seriously the notion that terrorism wouldn&#39;texist of the USA just hadn&#39;t done this or that. People are willing to give our enemines 100% benefit of the doubt and benc over backwards to explain and rationalize their behavior, much like a battered wife convinces herself that is she just doesn&#39;t piss off her husband anymore the beatings will stop.

It AMAZES me that radical Muslims have been trying to kill us for almost 30 years now and all we do is ***** about each other and second-guess ourselves. If it wasn&#39;t so ludicrous it&#39;d be funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Apr 8 2004, 02:49 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Oh wait, I thought there was abolutely no tie between Iraq and Al-Queda.

[/b][/quote]

If you actually do some research into Al Queda you will see that Bin Laden&#39;s main catalyst was the US using Saudi Arabia as a staging ground for the Gulf War. The link is that our aggression in the middle east fueled Al Queda and our efforts now are doing the same thing. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks, again you prove the tie between Al Queda, Bin Laden and Iraq. I appreciate the confirmation.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Thanks, again you prove the tie between Al Queda, Bin Laden and Iraq. I appreciate the confirmation.
    [/b][/quote]

Obviously AQ used the Gulf War as a rallying cry, but nowhere have I said that it ties Iraq to AQ. The contention by the Bush administration is that Iraq was an AQ hotbed and were harboring and supporting AQ which is yet to be proven.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=backpedal]Number 3[/url]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I see .... You right so it ok for the guys to burn to death three people.

Go ahead boys light&#39;em if you got&#39;em.

Hmmmmm so every f---ing GD a**hole who&#39;s pissed off at the US has the right to kill anyone or any person they choose.
    Hey guys there is right and wrong ... and burning to death three non- combatants is wrong. The fact that you don&#39;t condem that act makes me sick.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Oh I see .... You right so it ok for the guys to burn to death three people.

Go ahead boys light&#39;em if you got&#39;em.

Hmmmmm so every f---ing GD a**hole who&#39;s pissed off at the US has the right to kill anyone or any person they choose.
    Hey guys there is right and wrong ... and burning to death three non- combatants is wrong. The fact that you don&#39;t condem that act makes me sick.
    [/b][/quote]

Yeah thats what we&#39;ve all been saying. :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    what Bushistes never tell you is that in 1990 Bin Laden haven&#39;t just kicked the soviets ass out of Afghanistan (with our money and weapons&#33;) went to the saudi royal family and said "I have a 100,000 mujahadeen..Let us kick Saddam out of kuwait.."
    The sauds reply was the desert is a lot different than the mountaisn of afghanistan..
    That&#39;s when Bin Laden turned against the saudi royal family..