Thread: Rush Limbaugh prosecution politically motivated

I'm not a big fan but this is stupid... I don't see anyone going after the Ted Kennedy's Bar tender

Friday, April 9, 2004
    Dem Senate Candidate: My Son the Prosecutor Will 'Help Put Limbaugh Away'

If there was ever any question that the effort by Florida prosecutors to nail Rush Limbaugh on doctor-shopping charges is politically motivated, Democrat U.S. Senate candidate Betty Castor has removed all doubts.

Campaigning before a crowd of Democrat retirees in Boca Raton this week, Castor pledged that her son Frank, who works in the office of State Attorney Barry Krischer, would do everything he could to put Limbaugh behind bars.

Responding to an audience member who called for her son to "help put Limbaugh away," the Senate hopeful said, "It's the best suggestion I've had today."

Thanks a Lot, Ma

According to the Palm Beach Post today, Frank Castor "cringed" at his mother's attempts to politicize the justice system. "I have nothing to do with the Limbaugh case," the prosecutor insisted, while accompanying his mother on the campaign trail. "I mostly handle cases involving the elderly."

For her part, Mrs. Castor told the Post that she was "something of an idealist" who cares deeply about education and health issues.

But the Post has previously reported that Palm Beach County Democrats, many still fuming over the 2000 election crisis, have put enormous pressure on Krischer to prosecute Limbaugh.

Krischer is a Democrat running for election this year. Before the story of Limbaugh's addiction hit the papers, Krischer told Limbaugh's attorney Roy Black that because his client had entered rehabilitation, he would be treated like other prescription-drug addicts and no prosecution was warranted.

As news of Limbaugh's addiction spread, the Post reported, Krischer was subjected to a political e-mail and write-in campaign urging him to prosecute the conservative radio host. The Post also reported that during the past five years no person in the county had been fully prosecuted for an addiction to prescription drugs.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Rush Limbaugh is a scumbag, but his case should be prosecuted, or not, on its merits.

I doubt that Ms. Castor helped her own campaign or her son's career with those statements.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Funny thing is there was a Democratic Judge in the same county
    that was hooked on the same Drugs and all they did was make
    sure he went to rehab!! Tell you the truth I think they went after
    Martha Stewart to hard! But what was she thinking when she cared
    about a possible loss in a stock that had she kept it she would have
    made Money with?? I mean we are taking 50-60 grand to a Woman
    worth hundreds of Millions..Can she be that stupid or that cheap?? <_<

[quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 9 2004, 07:41 PM
    [b] Rush Limbaugh is a scumbag, but his case should be prosecuted, or not, on its merits.

I doubt that Ms. Castor helped her own campaign or her son&#39;s career with those statements. [/b][/quote]
    scumbag is a tad harsh..... you don&#39;t hear me calling that pile of dog s**t a**hole Al Frankin a scumbag.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Fair enough. Limbaugh is NOT a scumbag. He&#39;s a pile of dog s**t a**hole.

Better?

BTW - is the kid in your avatar searching for weapons of mass destruction?

....much better Thanks :lol:

as for the kid ...saw the Photo started laughing end of story.

HAPPY EASTER BOB&#33;&#33;&#33;

All League
    Charter JI Member

Happy easter, GB.