Thread: When the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www.etherzone.com/2004/sarg040904.shtml]http://www.etherzone.com/2004/sarg040904.shtml[/url]

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    "Forget it. He's on a roll."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor ? :huh:

Better crack open a Junior High School History textbook. <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As long as there are humorless housebound liberals who haven&#39;t seen "Animal House" , liberals will quote useless French blowhard philosphers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Apr 18 2004, 10:37 AM
    [b] As long as there are humorless housebound liberals who haven&#39;t seen "Animal House" , liberals will quote useless French blowhard philosphers. [/b][/quote]
    Housebound ? :huh: I racked up 50,000 Frequent Flyers Miles last year and spent 3 days last week in the Pacific Northwest.

Animal House ? Well that certainly explains the lame brain responses and general lack off knowledge displayed by some participants here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] As long as there are humorless housebound liberals who haven&#39;t seen "Animal House" , liberals will quote useless French blowhard philosphers. [/b][/quote]
    what a [b]DICK[/b]&#33; :lol:

[img]http://www.leapinbass.com/zone/picture_pages/tz_pictures_01/tz004-02.jpg[/img]

"My son is a dick. Oh, what&#39;s the use? I&#39;m going to throw myself off a cliff&#33;"

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "7 years of college, down the effin&#39; drain.." for the WCM. Oh, well. At least he got that Apex Tech free set of tools in the deal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Animal House; ahh the good old days... Seriously, though, one of my favorite films.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Mole isn&#39;t humorless. He laughed his ass off when Americans were murdered, burned and hung from a bridge in Iraq.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by NYJet94[/i]@Apr 18 2004, 05:51 PM
    [b] Animal House; ahh the good old days... Seriously, though, one of my favorite films. [/b][/quote]
    Unfortunately 94 Animal House and other artifacts of American Popular Culture with the twisted and false messages they subtly and not so subtly convey become dominate themes in the public mind. This reveals the miseducation process that is ever present in Mainstream American Society.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by WestCoastMole[/i]@Apr 18 2004, 02:17 PM
    [b] I racked up 50,000 Frequent Flyers Miles last year... [/b][/quote]
    Your sleeper cell is scouting airliners again?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Everyone thought the West Coast Mole was brain-damaged&#33;".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Apr 18 2004, 10:32 PM
    [b] "Everyone thought the West Coast Mole was brain-damaged&#33;". [/b][/quote]
    Thinking is a very dangerous thing. Only a very select few are good at it. plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Voltaire....Chomsky. ;) Those that know or make the effort to find out are far ahead of the game. Then there are those of us that choose to live in a fantasy world, which brings me to Bugg&#39;s Avatar. For those that are unfamiliar with the photo it is a shot from the movie Apocalypse Now. It is a shot of a particularly brutal Air Cavalry Commander portrayed by Yule Brenner when that unit went out on raid of Viet Cong stronghold. The unfortunate thing is the Johnson-Nixon Regimes badly underestimated the Vietnamese peoples will to fight. Even more unfortunate is people like Bush and Cheney failed to learn from that debacle. Just keep replaying the movie Bugg maybe the US will win sooner or later.

For those interested in reality it was reported today US Forces have shut down all major highways into, out of and throughout Iraq. Any civilian vehicles seen on these roads would be considered hostile and destroyed. Both Marine and US Army Forces are engaged in a fierce fire in the town of Husaybah near the Syrian border. This a sign that the rebellion is spreading to regions which have hitherto been peaceful. Today&#39;s death toll is 11 US Servicemen bringing the total count to 99 for the month of April. Making this the most deadly month since the US initiated hostilities 13 months ago. And there is stll 12 days left &#33;

So much for the "Mission Accomplished" banner Karl Rove tacked up behind Bush in that little speech he gave on that aircraft carrier.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It&#39;s RObert Duvall, not Yul Brenner, who look nothing alike and couldn&#39;t sound more different. One&#39;s a Southern cracker white guy, the other&#39;s an Eastern European Jewish fellow.

The true lesson from Vietnam was that the media can influence policy-disasterously. The Tet offensive in 1968 was a disaster for the Viet Cong, but the media portrayed it as an American defeat. And at the same time, Americans couldn&#39;t bomb primary targets inside North Vietnam nor mine their harbors because LBJ(the most evil and awful man ever to be president) and McNamara wanted to fight a "limited" war rather than give the tools to his commanders in the field. We had the spectacle of the President in the Oval Office picking out bombing targets, or as others have related, mediating a dispute between the Secretary of Defense and a naval commander asking to rescue a downed fighter. In fact, when Nixon in late 1972 bombed the daylights out of Hanoi, the North Vietnamese quickly sued for peace. And further, when Congress fecklessly cut off funding for South Vietnam in 1974, the communists proceeded to enslave that country, sending millions of refugees into the sea to escape and set up their good buddy Pol Pot in Cambodia next door.

How&#39;d all that work out, WCM-friends of America in SE Asia betrayed, enslaved or running for their lives, and a genocidal maniac "reeducating " his countrymen? And Senators like Democrat sFrank Church and Robert Toricelli spent the next 2 decades hamstringing the CIA. And now you lefties have the balls to whine about lousy intelligence. Look in the mirror and you&#39;ll see the problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by WestCoastMole[/i]@Apr 18 2004, 10:10 PM
    [b]
    Unfortunately 94 Animal House and other artifacts of American Popular Culture with the twisted and false messages they subtly and not so subtly convey become dominate themes in the public mind. This reveals the miseducation process that is ever present in Mainstream American Society. [/b][/quote]

"I drive a Dodge Stratus&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;"

Get over yourself, Sally.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If ever there was a thread to convince me that the JIMB is the cyber looney bin, this is it&#33; :lol:

I make alot of inappropriate, offensive, outrageous, and just plain silly comments in here.

But I&#39;d like to think I do it for it&#39;s shock value, if nothing else. I look for symbolism, dark humor, and irony. And not for nothing, this MB is for entertainment purposes, so I would like to believe we are at liberty to be ridiculous at times.

But WCM? Rejoicing over the deaths of American soldiers, some of which might even hold the same political views as you, is just plain wrong.

And I think you should apologize for it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]And I think you should apologize for it. [/b][/quote]
    Jetmo, aren&#39;t you listening? "Thinking" is a dangerous thing.

Now stop interrupting Mole while he pontificates. (BTW that sulfur-fried egg smell you detect is simply an indication of which orifice Mole happens to be pontificating from.)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Robert Duvall-

[url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000380/]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000380/[/url]

Yul Brynner-

[url=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000989/]http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000989/[/url]

About as close as Troy Donohue and Zero Mostel.

GET that eye exam, WCM&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is it with these liberals? I ask Bob the Jets Fan to comment on Ron Dellums, he doesn&#39;t do it; I ask Outsider to admit one bad thing that the French have done, he won&#39;t do it; and I ask WCM to make a sincere apology for laughing about dead US soldiers, and he won&#39;t do it.

Anybody see a pattern, here? :D

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bugg[/i]@Apr 18 2004, 10:32 PM
    [b] "Everyone thought the West Coast Mole was brain-damaged&#33;". [/b][/quote]
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha......Stork&#33;