Former President Bill Clinton last week told the September 11 commission that he never admitted passing up a chance to have Osama bin Laden arrested -- even though his words were caught on tape, NewsMax.com reports.

Former Sen. Bob Kerrey, Nebraska Democrat, revealed the Clinton denial to WDAY Fargo, N.D., radio host Scott Hennen for an interview set for broadcast today, NewsMax said.

The transcript shows that Mr. Kerrey had no idea when he questioned the ex-president that his denial is provably false.

Mr. Hennen: "Bill Clinton, in his own words, at a fund-raiser in 2002, talked about being offered, from the Sudanese, Osama bin Laden. And he said, and I quote: 'At the time, 1996, he had committed no crime against America so I did not bring him here because we had no basis on which to hold him, though we knew he wanted to commit crimes against America.' "

Mr. Kerrey: "He told us yesterday that that was a misquote."

Mr. Hennen: "I have heard it in his own voice. I have heard him say it. I have the tape of him saying just that."

Mr. Kerrey: "Really? Well, ship it to me. Because he said yesterday that he didn't have a recollection of that."

NewsMax provides a link in which Mr. Clinton can be heard uttering the words he now describes as a misquote.

Graham's 'testimony'

Sen. Bob Graham, Florida Democrat, told the conservative weekly Human Events back in 2002 that threats of airplane hijackings mentioned in an Aug. 6, 2001, memo to President Bush were based on very old intelligence that the Senate Intelligence Committee had seen earlier.

"The particular report that was in the President's Daily Briefing that day was about 3 years old," Mr. Graham was quoted as saying in a Human Events article published May 27, 2002. "It was not a contemporary piece of information."

At the time, Mr. Graham was chairman of the Intelligence Committee. Human Events posted a copy of the article by David Freddoso on its Web site ([url]www.humaneventsonline.com[/url]) on Friday.

The 2002 article added: "Mr. Graham's comments contradicted combative statements made recently by the Democratic congressional leadership, and confirmed White House assertions that the only specific threats of al Qaeda hijackings known to the president before September 11 came from a memo dating back to the Clinton administration."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

easy solution for the Clinton situation...put him under oath and watch him purge himself.....again!