Thread: Clippers Making Their Annual Late-Season Push

Banned
    As a Clippers fan, I can't help but love this time of year. While teams like the Grizzlies, Nuggets, and Heat make their push towards the playoffs, the Clippers are once again locked in the epic struggle for a top five draft pick. And, boy, LaClip has been on fire lately! 13 IN A ROW! They've all ready caught the Suns, Hawks, Raptors and several other teams. If only there were 10 more games or so, we might even be able to catch the Magic! If the Clippers can keep up their recent hot streak for the final 2 games, we'll be in the running for pick numero uno, if all the ping pong balls turn out right. Mike Dunleavy has done one hell of a job. He got us to 27 wins with plenty of time to improve on that record, but knowing we have no chance in hell in the West, we're making that annual push, and doing it with style, baby! GO CLIPPERS!

Sad commentary on a team that has had top picks for what seems to be decades. Re-signing Brand and Maggette were positive signs last year, and I thought they would turn the corner, along with Memphis and Denver. Looks like they haven't yet.

Banned
    Any thoughts on Sebastian Telfair? I hear the Clippers are high on him, among other substances.

Originally posted by The Troll@Apr 14 2004, 11:25 PM
    Any thoughts on Sebastian Telfair? I hear the Clippers are high on him, among other substances.
    According to Chad Ford (insider) His stock is dropping dramtically.

Originally posted by Knickerbocker+Apr 14 2004, 11:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Knickerbocker @ Apr 14 2004, 11:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Troll@Apr 14 2004, 11:25 PM
    According to Chad Ford (insider) His stock is dropping dramtically. [/b][/quote]
    I read conflicting articles in the local papers on him. There seems to be a growing concensus though that he would be better served with a year or 2 in a structured college setting.