Thread: WHAT'S UP WITH MY RED WINGS?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enough of my previous crap talking.

The Wings are done. Finished. Through.

I've never seen a team play so $hitty in my life. Completely outskated, outhustled and they showed no desire to play or win.

Not sure what's going on inside the locker room but it's ridiculous. They're making the Predators look like all-stars.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You beat me to the punch today. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'> Holy crap, what happened??? Yikes. They really looked bad. With that said, I still think their taking home the silver!!! Could be the Avs......

Hey, my Flyboys are in some trouble, too. My Johnny LeClair has been MIA, so has his entire line. Where the heck is Recchi? Tonight better be THE NIGHT that they resurface.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl@Apr 14 2004, 08:18 AM
    You beat me to the punch today. :<!--emo&Angry:--><!--endemo--> Holy crap, what happened??? Yikes. They really looked bad. With that said, I still think their taking home the silver!!! Could be the Avs......

Hey, my Flyboys are in some trouble, too. My Johnny LeClair has been MIA, so has his entire line. Where the heck is Recchi? Tonight better be THE NIGHT that they resurface.
    Agreed.

They look terrible in every aspect of the game. It's quite embarrassing and sad to be honest. They are hot or cold, it's Cup or 1st round exit for these guys. They use the same excuses, make the same predictions and end up making a much inferior team look like all-stars. Once again their players are running around the local press saying, "we're not worried, it's just one game" blah blah blah. Well jesus get worried for once and play to your ability.

Even if they win this series, playing like this will get their asses handed to them in the 2nd round.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    REPORTS OF THE RED WINGS EARLY DEMISE WERE GREATLY EXAGGERATED.

Disregard my earlier rant.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Vancouver wins 7th game -I think Detroit and Colrado is next round. With home ice advantage and experience in goal I like your Red Wings in that series Guns.
    You have to give Predators credit-good upcoming team and Sullivan was a great acquisition for them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 18 2004, 08:06 PM
    If Vancouver wins 7th game -I think Detroit and Colrado is next round. With home ice advantage and experience in goal I like your Red Wings in that series Guns.
    You have to give Predators credit-good upcoming team and Sullivan was a great acquisition for them.
    Man I give the Preds all the credit in the world, they played great. They've got a very good up and coming team there, they'll be dangerous in the years to come.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being a Ranger fan -it figured we get Dunham from the Predators and Volkun becomes a legitimate solid goalie.
    Dunham proved this year that he is too inconsistent to be that number one guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Flames will cook up some Deadwings today.They are like the Laffs old and slow.
    My flames will keep it in you'r face hockey.Plus we have a better goalie then Cujo.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RoadWarrior@Apr 24 2004, 10:48 AM
    The Flames will cook up some Deadwings today.They are like the Laffs old and slow.
    My flames will keep it in you'r face hockey.Plus we have a better goalie then Cujo.
    What was that?

I'm sorry?

Can you speak a little louder?

I think your goalie has sunburn on the back of his neck from the lamp going off so much today.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guns your Wings are in some trouble-Calgary has the younger legs and momentum. The veterans are going to have to step -this could be Joseph's last chance to prove himself as a elite goalie that can lead his team to the Cup.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 28 2004, 11:37 AM
    Guns your Wings are in some trouble-Calgary has the younger legs and momentum. The veterans are going to have to step -this could be Joseph's last chance to prove himself as a elite goalie that can lead his team to the Cup.
    Yeah it's not a pretty sight bro. I had to restrain myself from throwing things last night. Calgary is fast as hell, aggressive, hard hitting and what I think is the difference, they have heart. The veterans of the Red Wings have been there, done that and I don't think they are as hungry as the Flames pure and simple. The only Red Wings who really came to play last night was CuJo. If it wasn't for him it would have been 10-2. Detroit isn't getting squat from any of their players. Datzuyk, Zetterberg, SHanny, Hull...have straight up disappeared in a Federov like fashion. The defense refuses to hit and struggles to survice relying on poke checks. I may be watching the dimise of a once great dynasty. Who knows? They played like crap and needed a spark in their last 2 cups but I'm not so cofident on this one.

My hats off to Calgary and its fans. They are a great team and the Wings will be lucky to pull this off to be quite honest.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Flamers played their usual hold 'em, don't fold 'em, bend but don't break game. Talent and skill should come out but they'll have to out-work Calgary and they haven't done that...yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well GOB, you happened to come across the Mighty Ducks of this year. Kiperschoff (or however his name is spelled) was absolutely ridiculous. Cu-jo played a heck of a game as well, but Detroit really didnt play their A game. If Wings fans blame Cujo for this one, they are insane.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Guns
    The Red Wings just got plain outworked and outhustled by Calgary.
    Everyone knows All the skill in any profession does not ever beat someone or a team that has the desire to put out. Joseph unfortunately will remain with the stigma of not being able to win the big games and consequently the Cup.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@May 4 2004, 06:09 AM
    Sorry Guns
    The Red Wings just got plain outworked and outhustled by Calgary.
    Everyone knows All the skill in any profession does not ever beat someone or a team that has the desire to put out. Joseph unfortunately will remain with the stigma of not being able to win the big games and consequently the Cup.
    C'mon, faba. You cannot fault CuJo when it was a scoreless time going into OT. When the team cannot score, how can it be the goalie's fault? Let's give the Flames some credit.

p.s.: Flyers put the Leafs out of their misery tonight.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Hey GOB, GO FLAMES!! I'm not a flames fan, hell I'm not even a hockey fan for that matter but I have a Calgary Flames puck by god. :lol: Just had to stop in and rub it in a little bit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since the Wings are out, I have to say Go 'Ning! (well, the owner of the Pistons owns the Lightning.) I kinda refuse to root for any team that knocks mine out, or that has Keith Primeau on it. I loathe him :lol: