Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Kill Me

Can someone explain how the Patriots manage to win the SB, then have [b]7 [/b]picks in the first [b]four [/b]rounds of the draft? Are they just that much smarter than everyone else?

[quote][i]Originally posted by kyhangdog[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 09:50 AM
    [b] Are they just that much smarter than everyone else? [/b][/quote]
    :D YES! :lol:

Banned
    [b] Are they just that much smarter than everyone else? [/b][/quote]

Yes, Paoli and Belichick love trading for future picks.

They will do the same thing this year.

Veteran
    Yes they are pretty smart and now they are in the business of breeding QB's like the Packers use to. They will draft another this season also. Rohan Davey is doing pretty godd for himself in NFL Europe. More trade bait as I see it.

It's like when George Weiss was running the Yanks in the 50's and 60's. He kept restocking the minors and then trading for whatever he needed. The whole league watched, but could never duplicate him. Pats have this thing down to a science.

[quote][i]Originally posted by kyhangdog[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 01:50 PM
    [b] Can someone explain how the Patriots manage to win the SB, then have [b]7 [/b]picks in the first [b]four [/b]rounds of the draft? Are they just that much smarter than everyone else? [/b][/quote]
    Belichick has a plan and he sticks to it.

Bill's Mantras:

[b]Put the best 51 players on the roster. [/b]

While the Patriots starting 22 might not be the best in the NFL, their back-ups are. The Patriots maintain a large class of 1-3 million per year players. This allows them to overcome injuries like they did last year.

[b]Be smart with picks[/b]
    The Patriots do a real good job of getting value for picks. Look at last year's #20 pick, no one that was selected would have made an impact on the Patriots or be worth 1st round money. So they trade the pick for a first this year. Last year, they traded a third to the Phins for a second this year. Bill and Pioli have also gotten better with picks the last two years. Their first two drafts were mariginal. The last two very good.

[b]Coach[/b]
    The staff trains players in several roles. They are not bringing in Vrabel, Klecko and Seymour on a whim. Guranteed, they saw time at FB and TE. Players being trained in multiple roles allows Wilson a drafted CB to make an easy transition to safety.

[b]Do not overspend[/b]
    This goes hand and hand with the first mantra. This was being discussed on KFFL. Brady is counting roughly 8+ against the cap this year and he is well worth given his resume these past few years. Yet, Woody a pretty good center/guard is not because after four years he still can not execute a shotgun snap. Why pay a C/G top dollar if they can not do one of their basic and common jobs.

[b] Can someone explain how the Patriots manage to win the SB, then have [b]7 [/b]picks in the first [b]four [/b]rounds of the draft? Are they just that much smarter than everyone else? [/b][/quote]
    To answer your question, saving you from Pastryhomerville babbling, the reason they have multiple picks is because they traded high round picks in the last couple of years.

BB and the morons in homerville would have you thinking BB is a genius. They'll also have you thinking that the Patriots reall didn't want to trade up for Robertson last year, and really wanted Warren and that extra draft pick in the first round. They wanted that so bad they traded it to Baltimore for the extra draft pick they have this year in the first round.

It's not rocket science, BB just didn't see the value left in the first round, which is why he tried to trade up for a chance at Robertson last year, but the Jets beat him to it.

They are going to shock the NFL world, and fool everybody by trading away all of their picks this year for 3 first round pick, 2 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, a 4th, and 5 7th rounders in the 2005 draft.

By 2008, the Patriots will consist of Tom Brady and 52 draft picks.

In BB and Pioli those retards trust.

Banned
    [b]To answer your question, saving you from Pastryhomerville babbling, the reason they have multiple picks is because they traded high round picks in the last couple of years.[/b]

That's a true statement.

[b]BB and the morons in homerville would have you thinking BB is a genius. They'll also have you thinking that the Patriots reall didn't want to trade up for Robertson last year, and really wanted Warren and that extra draft pick in the first round. They wanted that so bad they traded it to Baltimore for the extra draft pick they have this year in the first round.[/b]

You still stuck on this RayRay? No way BB and SP would have given up what the Jets did to get Robertson. They aren't that stupid.

[b]t's not rocket science, BB just didn't see the value left in the first round, which is why he tried to trade up for a chance at Robertson last year, but the Jets beat him to it.[/b]

Nice spin. Face it, Bradway screwed up bigtime, especially when Robertson has yet to show any glimpse that he can be an impact player in the NFL.

[b]They are going to shock the NFL world, and fool everybody by trading away all of their picks this year for 3 first round pick, 2 2nd rounders, 2 3rd rounders, a 4th, and 5 7th rounders in the 2005 draft.
    By 2008, the Patriots will consist of Tom Brady and 52 draft picks.[/b]

Actually, that was pretty funny. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+Apr 15 2004, 11:50 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ Apr 15 2004, 11:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--kyhangdog[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 01:50 PM
    Belichick has a plan and he sticks to it.

Bill&#39;s Mantras:

[b]Put the best 51 players on the roster. [/b]

While the Patriots starting 22 might not be the best in the NFL, their back-ups are. The Patriots maintain a large class of 1-3 million per year players. This allows them to overcome injuries like they did last year.

[b]Be smart with picks[/b]
    The Patriots do a real good job of getting value for picks. Look at last year&#39;s #20 pick, no one that was selected would have made an impact on the Patriots or be worth 1st round money. So they trade the pick for a first this year. Last year, they traded a third to the Phins for a second this year. Bill and Pioli have also gotten better with picks the last two years. Their first two drafts were mariginal. The last two very good.

[b]Coach[/b]
    The staff trains players in several roles. They are not bringing in Vrabel, Klecko and Seymour on a whim. Guranteed, they saw time at FB and TE. Players being trained in multiple roles allows Wilson a drafted CB to make an easy transition to safety.

[b]Do not overspend[/b]
    This goes hand and hand with the first mantra. This was being discussed on KFFL. Brady is counting roughly 8+ against the cap this year and he is well worth given his resume these past few years. Yet, Woody a pretty good center/guard is not because after four years he still can not execute a shotgun snap. Why pay a C/G top dollar if they can not do one of their basic and common jobs. [/b][/quote]
    "In New England, we are not about collecting talent, but building a team.
    Because everyone knows there is no &#39;T&#39; in TALENT...eer I mean ..there is no
    &#39;I&#39; in SH&T.oops..I meant theres a no &#39;I&#39; in TEAM ..but there is an M and a E
    and hell isnt it all about ME&#33;"
    - Bill Belichick

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by D-BYRD[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 12:17 PM
    [b]
    "In New England, we are not about collecting talent, but building a team.
    Because everyone knows there is no &#39;T&#39; in TALENT...eer I mean ..there is no
    &#39;I&#39; in SH&T.oops..I meant theres a no &#39;I&#39; in TEAM ..but there is an M and a E
    and hell isnt it all about ME&#33;"
    - Bill Belichick [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

I agree being able to stock-pile that many high picks, while winning two championships in 3 years is no big deal. Anybody can do it.

Of course Ray Ray forgets to mention that the guy the Pats would have drafted at 19 (Eugene Wilson) was still taken by them in the 2nd round, in addition to getting that extra first this year. Again just lucky.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by scrizzy[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 12:31 PM
    [b] Again just lucky. [/b][/quote]

Yea, musta been those damn refs** again. ;)

Oh and the reason we have an extra 2nd rounder this year (in one of the best-rated draft classes in a long time) is that BB decided to trade our 3rd rounder last year. Bradway decided to draft a backup fullback with his 3rd rounder

You tell me which was smarter.

The Pats have had a good run, but it ain&#39;t gonna last forever. Let &#39;em enjoy it, the bastids. Everybody comes back to earth. Just wait till Brady comes down with gonnorhea from all that wild gay sex he has.

[quote][i]Originally posted by regen[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 01:09 PM
    [b] The Pats have had a good run, but it ain&#39;t gonna last forever. Let &#39;em enjoy it, the bastids. Everybody comes back to earth. Just wait till Brady comes down with gonnorhea from all that wild gay sex he has. [/b][/quote]
    Actually he already got it from that skank Tara Reid, but he battled through it.

Hall Of Fame
    Jets are going to be afc east div champs again&#33; Woo-hoo&#33;&#33;&#33; With that kick-butt run defense, shut down corners, the best tackling Linebackers sice the &#39;85 Bears, the greatest QB to ever play the game and a brainiac head coach.....well, jeez it&#39;s a no-brainer (pun-intended).

:rolleyes:

I just heard the Pats traded a 2004 6th rounder for a new Gucci manpurse for Brady.

All League
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 12:15 PM
    [b]

Nice spin. Face it, Bradway screwed up bigtime, especially when Robertson has yet to show any glimpse that he can be an impact player in the NFL.
    [/b][/quote]
    PatsfanTx,

Stop the babbling, you sound really dumb when you say a 21 year-old rookie who wasn&#39;t drafted to start in the first place isn&#39;t showing glimpses of an impact player. Actually if you watch the games, you saw potential in every game, but I don&#39;t expect you to know that. It is extremely rare that a player in that position show signs of greatness in his first year. Warren Sapp didn&#39;t in his first year, in fact, I can&#39;t think of anybody who has in recent memory. Warren Sapp is the bench mark in which noone has met. You&#39;ll probably give me some names and I bet ALL of them can be rebuffed.

Don&#39;t even bother uttering Ty Warren as one of those players, he is not an impact player because the fact is that Bill Belichick can put anyone in that position and get good use out of him.

Oh and by the way, you know damn well the patriots wanted to trade up to get Robertson. You&#39;re just a homer who can&#39;t admit that the Jets beat BB at something. Robertson was no further down than the 3rd best player in the draft on everyone&#39;s draft board. It&#39;s easy to make statements like the one above when hinesight is "20-20."

Hall Of Fame
    Looks like Boy Wonder has something better on his arms these days....

[url=http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/insideTrack.bg]http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/insideTrack.bg[/url]

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 01:16 PM
    [b] The Pats are going to be afc east div champs again&#33; Woo-hoo&#33;&#33;&#33; With that kick-butt run defense, shut down corners, the best tackling Linebackers sice the &#39;85 Bears, the greatest QB to ever play the game and a brainiac head coach.....well, jeez it&#39;s a no-brainer. In fact, we may never lose another game again....EVER&#33;
    :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s what you [i]really[/i] meant ..... right Garb. :rolleyes: