Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Kill Me

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, you can't blame Jet fans for being bitter. While they are all anxiously waiting to see if D Rob will finally develops into a player worth the three picks they gave up for him, we are going in to the year to defend our second title in three years, all with a coaching staff that decided they would rather wash cars than take over coaching the Jets. Hell if I were a Jet fan I'd be pissed too.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Lady Jet+Apr 15 2004, 01:30 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Lady Jet @ Apr 15 2004, 01:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Garbanza[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 01:16 PM
    [b] The Pats are going to be afc east div champs again&#33; Woo-hoo&#33;&#33;&#33; With that kick-butt run defense, shut down corners, the best tackling Linebackers sice the &#39;85 Bears, the greatest QB to ever play the game and a brainiac head coach.....well, jeez it&#39;s a no-brainer. In fact, we may never lose another game again....EVER&#33;
    :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s what you [i]really[/i] meant ..... right Garb. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Did he just compare the Patriots linebackers to that of the &#39;85 Bears in any sense?

Some of you Patsy homers have simply lost it. Man, I can&#39;t wait until your ship sinks. Then maybe you losers will get that shaul of arrogance off your shoulders. Probably not though. B)

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Garbanza[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 02:29 PM
    [b] Looks like Boy Wonder has something better on his arms these days....

[url=http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/insideTrack.bg]http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/insideTrack.bg[/url] [/b][/quote]
    Just goes to show you that even a monkey looks good once you put him in an expensive suit&#33; :lol: :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bleedgreen+Apr 15 2004, 01:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bleedgreen @ Apr 15 2004, 01:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Lady Jet@Apr 15 2004, 01:30 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Garbanza[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 01:16 PM
    [b] The Pats are going to be afc east div champs again&#33; Woo-hoo&#33;&#33;&#33; With that kick-butt run defense, shut down corners, the best tackling Linebackers sice the &#39;85 Bears, the greatest QB to ever play the game and a brainiac head coach.....well, jeez it&#39;s a no-brainer. In fact, we may never lose another game again....EVER&#33;
    :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s what you [i]really[/i] meant ..... right Garb. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Did he just compare the Patriots linebackers to that of the &#39;85 Bears in any sense?

Some of you Patsy homers have simply lost it. Man, I can&#39;t wait until your ship sinks. Then maybe you losers will get that shaul of arrogance off your shoulders. Probably not though. B) [/b][/quote]
    Way to read. Lady Jet changed Garb&#39;s original sarcastic post. Garb didn&#39;t compare the Pats LBs to anything.

And by the way, Garb is a she.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lady Jet -

Not really ;) However, I do find game five of the Pats schedule mighty interesting. It&#39;s at home against the &#39;Phins - who own the consecutive win-streak crown - now let&#39;s say, for arguments sake, the Pats open the season with consecutive wins and take on the &#39;Phins to surpass the historical Miami consecutive win total....now that would some kind of accomplishment&#33; I said WOULD. Unlike some people, I make no "real" predictions.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If winning two superbowls and having a LOADED deck of draft picks going into his 5th year as HC for what had been a moribund, going-nowhere franchise doesn&#39;t make Belichick a genius, then just what the hell does?

It&#39;s an overused word, and one that Jets fans use derisively more than Pats fans use proudly. Nonetheless if it&#39;s true of anyone in football it is true of Belichick.

OK, you&#39;re right, Bradway outmaneuvered Belichick for Robertson. Woe is me. Maybe he can outmaneuver us again this year, it&#39;d be nice to rack up another Lombardi.

Veteran
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey my only prediction was that the Jets have just as good a chance for the division as any. I stand by that, and if prop seeking Pats fans don&#39;t like it ..too bad. :lol:

I&#39;m all out of props for the Pats, I gave them props from the final Jets loss to them on through the Super Bowl. I even let go of all my bitterness for the Pats and actually enjoyed the Super Bowl, for which I gave more props. No more props from me until/unless they earn it again this year.

We&#39;re all 0-0. ;)

Now if the Pats actually do continue their win streak and beat the Phins record, well then I might muster out some small props. That would be quite historical and the pain it would cause the Dolphins fans would be priceless. :D

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bleedgreen+Apr 15 2004, 01:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bleedgreen @ Apr 15 2004, 01:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PatsFanTX[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 12:15 PM
    [b]

Nice spin. Face it, Bradway screwed up bigtime, especially when Robertson has yet to show any glimpse that he can be an impact player in the NFL.
    [/b][/quote]
    PatsfanTx,

Stop the babbling, you sound really dumb when you say a 21 year-old rookie who wasn&#39;t drafted to start in the first place isn&#39;t showing glimpses of an impact player. Actually if you watch the games, you saw potential in every game, but I don&#39;t expect you to know that. It is extremely rare that a player in that position show signs of greatness in his first year. Warren Sapp didn&#39;t in his first year, in fact, I can&#39;t think of anybody who has in recent memory. Warren Sapp is the bench mark in which noone has met. You&#39;ll probably give me some names and I bet ALL of them can be rebuffed.

Don&#39;t even bother uttering Ty Warren as one of those players, he is not an impact player because the fact is that Bill Belichick can put anyone in that position and get good use out of him.

Oh and by the way, you know damn well the patriots wanted to trade up to get Robertson. You&#39;re just a homer who can&#39;t admit that the Jets beat BB at something. Robertson was no further down than the 3rd best player in the draft on everyone&#39;s draft board. It&#39;s easy to make statements like the one above when hinesight is "20-20." [/b][/quote]
    Nope wrong again Johnathan Sullivan(Saints) out of Georgia was on the Patriots radar screen. Thats who they wanted.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Lady Jet[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 02:23 PM
    [b] Hey my only prediction was that the Jets have just as good a chance for the division as any. I stand by that, and if prop seeking Pats fans don&#39;t like it ..too bad. :lol:

I&#39;m all out of props for the Pats, I gave them props from the final Jets loss to them on through the Super Bowl. I even let go of all my bitterness for the Pats and actually enjoyed the Super Bowl, for which I gave more props. No more props from me until/unless they earn it again this year.

We&#39;re all 0-0. ;)

Now if the Pats actually do continue their win streak and beat the Phins record, well then I might muster out some small props. That would be quite historical and the pain it would cause the Dolphins fans would be priceless. :D [/b][/quote]
    Good point I&#39;ll give you that. Nicely put...................

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    For the record, one FINAL time, in terms that even an idiot would understand:

1.) BB/Pioli looked into the price for D-Rob.

2.) They decided it was TOO EXPENSIVE.

3.) The Jets decided that he was worth it.

4.) The Jets drafted him.

5.) The Pats used their picks for Warren, Wilson, Klecko, and the #21 pick this year.

End of story&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Hyped[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 03:10 PM
    [b] For the record, one FINAL time, in terms that even an idiot would understand:

5.) The Pats used their picks for Warren, Wilson, Klecko, and the #21 pick this year.

End of story&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Are you sure? Because I&#39;ve heard that BB had him number 1 overall on his draft board and was seen babbling incoherently about bowling balls and butcher knives after the Jets swept in and stole him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by scrizzy+Apr 15 2004, 03:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (scrizzy @ Apr 15 2004, 03:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Hyped[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 03:10 PM
    [b] For the record, one FINAL time, in terms that even an idiot would understand:

End of story&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Are you sure? Because I&#39;ve heard that BB had him number 1 overall on his draft board and was seen babbling incoherently about bowling balls and butcher knives after the Jets swept in and stole him. [/b][/quote]
    Hey I don&#39;t know any fellow Pats fans that know exactly how it went down, or who B.B. had on his board. Fact of the matter is we got three starters out of the draft picks we would have used to get D Rob and a pick this year. On the other hand, the Jets gave up three picks for a guy that they all say will develop into a great starter one day. Sounds like a win win situation to me. B)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heres a prediction the for you the jets will trade down and wind up getting Vilma in the 1st round. Vilma will thrive in training camp and earn some serious playing time. Against the Patriots Vilma will record his first sack against no other than Tom Brady and then the camera will fade away to Bill Belicheck with tears in his eyes, because while he might have all these daft picks he doesnt have a back up quarterback. Good planning Bill&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rohan Davey was offensive player of the week in NFLE this week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mo Lew[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 07:41 PM
    [b] Heres a prediction the for you the jets will trade down and wind up getting Vilma in the 1st round. Vilma will thrive in training camp and earn some serious playing time. Against the Patriots Vilma will record his first sack against no other than Tom Brady and then the camera will fade away to Bill Belicheck with tears in his eyes, because while he might have all these daft picks he doesnt have a back up quarterback. Good planning Bill&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Well that should not be a problem jet fan because Brady is a product of th esystem right?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well to shed some light on reality, here are some facts. The Pats have had 2 excellent drafts in a row. Since 2000 (BB&#39;s first draft) the Pats have done less well, though they have yet to blow a draft completely.

2000- was pretty much a washout. that was the year we lost our first round pick to the Jets for BB. A Klemm was BB&#39;s first Pats pick in the second round, and he&#39;s lead the league in both potential and season ending injuries. He&#39;s proven he could WIN the RT job, but he hasn&#39;t proven he can hold it. OBTW - we did pick up a decent "systems" QB in the 6th round that year, so maybe it wasn&#39;t such a washout after all. ;)

2001 - We did great at the top, with a player who looks like he will be a perrennial all pro in Richard Seymour in the first, and a solid LT in Matt Light in the second - after that it was all down hill, and not a single player other than the 2 mentioned remains a Patriot (Though Greg Randle did provide us with a RT for the 2001 superbowl run)

ON THE ROBERTSON PICK - Lets agree on a couple of things.

First: Robertson was probably the #1 DT on most teams&#39; boards last year.

Secondly: Robertson had a decent but unspectacular year for a 21 yr old rookie DT.

Thirdly: Robertson, last year, DID NOT show the potential to be a game changing DT.

Fourthly - TO DATE - Robertson has not shown that he was worth what the high price the Jets paid to draft and sign him. I repeat.... TO DATE

Fifthly - We are only one third into the evaluation process, and it MIGHT change.

REALITY CHECK - most Pats fans would have been thrilled to get him, but if he had had a similar year under BB as he did with Herm, most Pats fans would have been very disappointed, yet hopeful he would turn it around.

I my mind Robertson is very much like Daniel Graham - a 2002 first round pick who has yet to reach the level of play that we had hoped for. The difference being the Pats paid a much lower price for the pick.

BOTTOM LINE - Like EVERY FO in the league, BB has has plenty of misses to go along with his hits. Like the old adage states, &#39;you are never as good as they say, nor as bad&#39;

The bad news for rest of league is that the Pats drafts, after a slow start, have gotten progressively BETTER over the first 4 years, culminating in last year&#39;s extraordinary group of selections. If he hits again as well this year, the Pats will be set for a number of year, though the odds that he will hit that well again are not good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patsfanken[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 04:37 PM
    [b] REALITY CHECK - most Pats fans would have been thrilled to get him, but if he had had a similar year under BB as he did with Herm, most Pats fans would have been very disappointed, yet hopeful he would turn it around.

[/b][/quote]
    Our Defensive staff last year was a Joke&#33;&#33; Drob used correctly
    and put in Spot duty while learning from a Top Staff like the Pat
    Staff may have been more Impressive while playing less&#33; ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bleedgreen[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 01:26 PM
    [b]
    PatsfanTx,

Stop the babbling, you sound really dumb when you say a 21 year-old rookie who wasn&#39;t drafted to start in the first place isn&#39;t showing glimpses of an impact player. Actually if you watch the games, you saw potential in every game, but I don&#39;t expect you to know that. It is extremely rare that a player in that position show signs of greatness in his first year. Warren Sapp didn&#39;t in his first year, in fact, I can&#39;t think of anybody who has in recent memory. Warren Sapp is the bench mark in which noone has met. You&#39;ll probably give me some names and I bet ALL of them can be rebuffed.

Don&#39;t even bother uttering Ty Warren as one of those players, he is not an impact player because the fact is that Bill Belichick can put anyone in that position and get good use out of him.

Oh and by the way, you know damn well the patriots wanted to trade up to get Robertson. You&#39;re just a homer who can&#39;t admit that the Jets beat BB at something. Robertson was no further down than the 3rd best player in the draft on everyone&#39;s draft board. It&#39;s easy to make statements like the one above when hinesight is "20-20." [/b][/quote]

Bleed, I&#39;m with you half way on your post.

First off, I watched 14 out of 16 Jet games last year (I tape the Jet games when they overlap Pats games).

I stand by what I said. DRob did not have one stretch, or one game where he showed signs that he will be an impact player through complete dominance.

Is there "potential? Sure there is. I thought his best game was the 2nd Pats game where he was very solid, but not spectacular.

It will take at least 2 more years to see if Bradway&#39;s gamble will pay off.

Bottom line, I think most Jet fans would have liked to see a little more from DRob last year, especially for the high price.

Time will tell.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Lady Jet[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 06:23 PM
    [b] We&#39;re all 0-0. ;)
    [/b][/quote]
    Some of us are better 0-0 though. ;)

BG - As far as D-Rob goes, two first round draft picks are an exteremly high price to pay. D-Rob can&#39;t be just good, he has to be great. He has to be better then every other DT drafted last year. He needs to be a prennial all-pro.

I would feel the same way if the rumor about the move to get Taylor was true. For two firsts, you need to get a difference maker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BB said that he was intersted in Robertson, Sullivan and Warren last year, not in so many words but he said that there were three DT&#39;s that he liked that had played over the center.

BB has said that Robertson was the consensus top Defensive player in the draft last year. He talked to Chicago about moving up but was rumored to have asked for Chicago&#39;s 2nd rd pick thrown in. BB and Angelo both said that the talks were just talk and not serious discusions.

BB has said that he does not see the possibility of trading two #1s for any one player. and confirmed that again in an interview this week.

Wheter or not Robertson will ever be the player that jet fans hope him to be, I think it was just to much to pay. The team had an overage and slow back 7 and he just ignored it while going for a home run.