Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots Kill Me

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bleedgreen+Apr 15 2004, 01:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bleedgreen @ Apr 15 2004, 01:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--PatsFanTX[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 12:15 PM
    [b]

Nice spin. Face it, Bradway screwed up bigtime, especially when Robertson has yet to show any glimpse that he can be an impact player in the NFL.
    [/b][/quote]
    PatsfanTx,

Stop the babbling, you sound really dumb when you say a 21 year-old rookie who wasn&#39;t drafted to start in the first place isn&#39;t showing glimpses of an impact player. Actually if you watch the games, you saw potential in every game, but I don&#39;t expect you to know that. It is extremely rare that a player in that position show signs of greatness in his first year. Warren Sapp didn&#39;t in his first year, in fact, I can&#39;t think of anybody who has in recent memory. Warren Sapp is the bench mark in which noone has met. You&#39;ll probably give me some names and I bet ALL of them can be rebuffed.

Don&#39;t even bother uttering Ty Warren as one of those players, he is not an impact player because the fact is that Bill Belichick can put anyone in that position and get good use out of him.

Oh and by the way, you know damn well the patriots wanted to trade up to get Robertson. You&#39;re just a homer who can&#39;t admit that the Jets beat BB at something. Robertson was no further down than the 3rd best player in the draft on everyone&#39;s draft board. It&#39;s easy to make statements like the one above when hinesight is "20-20." [/b][/quote]
    Exactly.

It&#39;s hilarious watching Pastryhomerville STILL try and convince themselves that BB didn&#39;t want to move up for Robertson, and Warren was a great pick.

Too funny.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b] BB said that he was intersted in Robertson, Sullivan and Warren last year, not in so many words but he said that there were three DT&#39;s that he liked that had played over the center.[/b][/quote]

BS, Waren was NEVER mentioned as a player he was interested.

NEVER.

He DID mention Robertson, as you alluded to, he also mentioned Sullivan and Williams as players he was interested in.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 10:49 PM
    [b]
    Exactly.

It&#39;s hilarious watching Pastryhomerville STILL try and convince themselves that BB didn&#39;t want to move up for Robertson, and Warren was a great pick.

Too funny. [/b][/quote]
    Enough with the pre school names, it makes you look even dumber than you really are. Pure speculation on my part I&#39;ll admit. If BB wanted to move up like you say he did, it would have gotten done. How many draft picks did we have last year? I don&#39;t remember but it was alot. If he really wanted Robertson that bad, the bowling ball with butcher knives would be wearing a Patriots uniform. The end poopy pants. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+Apr 15 2004, 11:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ Apr 15 2004, 11:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray Ray19[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 10:49 PM
    [b]
    Exactly.

Too funny. [/b][/quote]
    Enough with the pre school names, it makes you look even dumber than you really are. Pure speculation on my part I&#39;ll admit. If BB wanted to move up like you say he did, it would have gotten done. How many draft picks did we have last year? I don&#39;t remember but it was alot. If he really wanted Robertson that bad, the bowling ball with butcher knives would be wearing a Patriots uniform. The end poopy pants. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    The convenient pastryhomerville spin.

They just can&#39;t admit that Bradway took BB in the race for Robertson.

It was WIDELY reported that BB would have given up both firsts and a 2nd rounder, but Detroit wanted a 3rd rounder too, that broke the deal.

Just stop the nonsense Pat-hetic homers.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 11:13 PM
    [b]

It was WIDELY reported that BB would have given up both firsts and a 2nd rounder, but Detroit wanted a 3rd rounder too, that broke the deal.

Just stop the nonsense Pat-hetic homers. [/b][/quote]
    What I find pathetic is how consumed you are with hate for a freakin&#39; football team. You&#39;re not even capable to thinking ANYTHING positive about them. Ok, we could have moved up but Detroit wanted a 3rd. rounder too. Open your mind for a second and quit being a hater. Wouldn&#39;t that tell you that perhaps Belichick didn&#39;t feel he was worth it? No of course not because you are a bigger freakin&#39; homer than us all combined.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Husker, I can never understand why you keep arguing with some of these people. Some of them just can&#39;t accept the fact that not everyone believes Robertson was worth two firsts and an additional later pick.

Bitter
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jared[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 11:46 PM
    [b] Husker, I can never understand why you keep arguing with some of these people. Some of them just can&#39;t accept the fact that not everyone believes Robertson was worth two firsts and an additional later pick. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s because I just got done working a 12 hour day with a 10 minute break and I&#39;m a cranky mo fo right about now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19[/i]@Apr 16 2004, 04:13 AM
    [b]

Give us a link then.

If it is [b]"widely reported"[/b], you should have no trouble finding a link. Please find one.

Here is the moronic part of your stupid ramblings. Belichick does not let out any information. He jokingly said Colvin had a leg injury for the Superbowl and was day to day. He closed off practices during the AFC Championship game and yet you think he is going to leak a potential move up, when there is another team with two firsts also? Ok dumbass.

Here is some more of your idiocy. So Warren was not on Belichick&#39;s list of DTs wanted? :rolleyes: Ok. So he threw away a pick so he could moe up to darft this player he just pulled out his ass. :blink:

Face it, Bradway was trading against himself. :lol:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PFSIKH+Apr 16 2004, 08:17 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PFSIKH @ Apr 16 2004, 08:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray Ray19[/i]@Apr 16 2004, 04:13 AM
    [b]

Give us a link then.

If it is [b]"widely reported"[/b], you should have no trouble finding a link. Please find one.

Here is the moronic part of your stupid ramblings. Belichick does not let out any information. He jokingly said Colvin had a leg injury for the Superbowl and was day to day. He closed off practices during the AFC Championship game and yet you think he is going to leak a potential move up, when there is another team with two firsts also? Ok dumbass.

Here is some more of your idiocy. So Warren was not on Belichick&#39;s list of DTs wanted? :rolleyes: Ok. So he threw away a pick so he could moe up to darft this player he just pulled out his ass. :blink:

Face it, Bradway was trading against himself. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Hey, No matter how much logic and reason you use, these guys will simply never addmit that Wrongway, I mean, Bradway droped the ball. Think about it, your arguing with a group that actually belives, Chad, I haven&#39;t really done anything Pennington, is a better QB than Tom Brady. It&#39;s very sad. :unsure:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can have the butcher ball with a bowling knife. Keep him. He&#39;s yours.

If BB had thought Robertson was worth any price, he could have gotten him.

He wasn&#39;t.

Let me give you some legitimate arguments.....

Was Robertson one of the top 4 players on the Patriots draft board? Probably, yes. Top 6 for certain.

Was Robertson the #1 player on the Patriots draft board? There&#39;s a decent chance that was true

The question IS NOT whether Robertson was highly regarded, the question is 1) Did the Jets overpay? 2) Would the Patriots have paid the same amount if they had the opportunity?

The answers are 1) Very likely, yes 2) Almost certainly not.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour[/i]@Apr 16 2004, 09:45 AM
    [b] You can have the butcher ball with a bowling knife. Keep him. He&#39;s yours.

He wasn&#39;t.

Was Robertson one of the top 4 players on the Patriots draft board? Probably, yes. Top 6 for certain.

Was Robertson the #1 player on the Patriots draft board? There&#39;s a decent chance that was true

The question IS NOT whether Robertson was highly regarded, the question is 1) Did the Jets overpay? 2) Would the Patriots have paid the same amount if they had the opportunity?

The answers are 1) Very likely, yes 2) Almost certainly not. [/b][/quote]
    The Jets needed Robertson a LOT more than did the Pats.
    The Jets had no quality DTs and aging LBs.
    The entire middle of the defense needed to be rebuilt.
    Robertson was the first step.

Hobson and Barton were the next 2 steps.

Another step will be taken in the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by RichardSeymour[/i]@Apr 16 2004, 09:45 AM
    [b] You can have the butcher ball with a bowling knife. Keep him. He&#39;s yours.

He wasn&#39;t.

The answers are 1) Very likely, yes 2) Almost certainly not. [/b][/quote]
    Could&#39;nt agree more.

As it was said:

BB (or the Pats) don&#39;t let any information out. No on this board (unless one of you is Pioli or BB) really knows what the Pats had in mind.

How ever, we do know that the Pats and Bears had trade discussion but the Pats were not willing to give both 1st for the Bears&#39; pick. They wanted something else in return.

Signing FA or drafting players is not achievement for NFL F.O. It&#39;s getting the players at the right place that makes an organisation good.

If the Pats traded all of their 5 day one picks to move up to the Raiders and drafted Gallery, would that be a good move??????? Of course not. Getting D-Rob is nothing exceptional. If he becomes an impact DT like Warren Sapp in his prime, then Bradway can come out and proclaim himself a genius.

Going back to the original topic, the Pats have many draft picks because BB and Pioli are not afraid to lose their job at the end of each new seasons. Thus, they can afford to trade for future picks.

They traded Bledsoe for a 1st. Just unloading the salary to the Bills makes it a good trade. If Warren continues to improve, it makes it a great trade.

They traded 2003 pick 19th (their own) to the Ravens for a 2nd and this year 1st (pick 21). They took Eugene Wilson in the 2nd who was their starting FS.

They traded Tebucky Jones to the saint for a 2003 3rd and 2004 4th. Again, considering the way Jones played last year: What a trade.

They sent a 2003 3rd to Miami for their 2nd this year. Wanny was just trying to save his ass so he made a ridiculous trade with a division rival. Never understood how Wanny could defend that trade.

In 2002, they traded the last pick of the 5th round to the Boys for their 2003 5th. Then, when the Skins needed a 5th to make an offer to Chad Morton, the Pats gave them the Boys 5th in return for a 7th (Tully Banta Cain) and a 2004 4th. I think a swap of picks was in a late round was also included.

They gave a 4th to Chicago for T. Washington.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19+Apr 16 2004, 12:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Ray Ray19 @ Apr 16 2004, 12:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -huskeralk@Apr 15 2004, 11:57 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Ray Ray19[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 10:49 PM
    [b]
    Exactly.

Too funny. [/b][/quote]
    Enough with the pre school names, it makes you look even dumber than you really are. Pure speculation on my part I&#39;ll admit. If BB wanted to move up like you say he did, it would have gotten done. How many draft picks did we have last year? I don&#39;t remember but it was alot. If he really wanted Robertson that bad, the bowling ball with butcher knives would be wearing a Patriots uniform. The end poopy pants. :lol: [/b][/quote]

Congrats,

It hasn&#39;t taken long for you to cement your spot as one of the biggest moron&#39;s on this board.

If BB wanted to pay what you guys did for Robertson, he would have. He had the picks to do it and the relationship with Angelo to get it done.

In the end he obviously didn&#39;t think Robertson was worth it, best defender in the draft or not. To act like Bradway somehow "outsmarted" him is not only homer spin, it&#39;s also funny considering the Pats will end up better of having not made that deal.

So you got D-rob, good luck with him. Hopefully for you he&#39;ll be Baby Sapp and not just a big baby.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+Apr 16 2004, 12:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ Apr 16 2004, 12:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray Ray19[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 11:13 PM
    [b]

What I find pathetic is how consumed you are with hate for a freakin&#39; football team. You&#39;re not even capable to thinking ANYTHING positive about them. Ok, we could have moved up but Detroit wanted a 3rd. rounder too. Open your mind for a second and quit being a hater. Wouldn&#39;t that tell you that perhaps Belichick didn&#39;t feel he was worth it? No of course not because you are a bigger freakin&#39; homer than us all combined. [/b][/quote]
    Hating? You are crying about hating? The entire Pat-hetic fan contingent on this damn forum does nothing but paint roses for anything and everything BB does, and trash everything the Jets do.

The convenient spin is that Rorbertson is overhyped, BB really didn&#39;t want him and didn&#39;t want to trade up for him&#33;.

WRONG, he most DEFIN ITELY wanted to trade up for him, BB, LIKE BRADWAY, knew the value in the first round dropped off substantially after the first 10 or 12 players, which is why most teams tried to trade up or out of the first round. The Jets would have done the same thing, but made a deal with Chicago, beating the Patriots, and several other teams to the punch.

See, Pastryhomerville wouldn&#39;t DARE suggest Bradway beat out BB, BB is such a freaking genius and everything. Did Bradway overpay? But the KEY here is that there is a formula involved when trading up for draft picks. We are talking about players that have not played a single down in the NFL, there is no TRUE evaluation of those picks and how they will turn out. Bradway didn&#39;t overpay, the SYSTEM is flawed, Bradway HAD to pay, based on that formula, in order to move up in the first round. Some teams will try to milk out as much from the team trading up depending on its market value. In the case of Detroit, I&#39;ve read where BB was willing to give up both firsts and a 2nd, but Detroit wanted more. I&#39;m not saying what BB did was wrong, I would not have wanted to see the Jets trade away both firsts, a 2nd, and a 3rd to move up for a shot at Robertson, I did NOT mind trading away both first round picks for Robertson, I didn&#39;t like losing a 4th, however, but it&#39;s a freaking 4th round pick.

The whole lot of your retards babble on and on about how Bradway overpaid, about how Warren, Samuel, bla bla bla were all much more worth trading up for Robertson. My point is, BB wanted to move up, you freaking homers have sat here on this forum trying to covince everybody here, as well as yourselves, that BB never wanted to move up, and Bradway is a fool. You&#39;re WRONG, MANY teams wanted to move up, and in order to do so, there is a formula involved, which assesses the value of trade picks involved, that most teams have to follow, and then, there is a matter of making a deal that both teams want and are willing to make.

[quote][b] Wouldn&#39;t that tell you that perhaps Belichick didn&#39;t feel he was worth it?[/b][/quote]

Complete BULLSH*T&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; He felt Robertson was worth two firsts, and a 2nd. True, he did indeed not want to also give up a 3rd. The FACT that BB felt Robertson was worth 2 late first rounders and a 2nd speaks volumes for what he and so many others felt about Robertson, Bradway only gave up two firsts, a middle and a late rounder, and a 4th, so in essence, Bradway gave up LESS than what BB was willing to give up, and you retards are all killing Bradway for it.

Couple all of this with nauseating status reports of Robertson throughout his rookie season, and for what, to show everybody how smart BB is? And you sit here and ***** about me "hating?"

LMAO, too funny@

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by scrizzy+Apr 16 2004, 10:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (scrizzy @ Apr 16 2004, 10:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Ray Ray19@Apr 16 2004, 12:13 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -huskeralk@Apr 15 2004, 11:57 PM
    [b]
    Exactly.

Too funny. [/b][/quote]

Congrats,

It hasn&#39;t taken long for you to cement your spot as one of the biggest moron&#39;s on this board.

If BB wanted to pay what you guys did for Robertson, he would have. He had the picks to do it and the relationship with Angelo to get it done.

In the end he obviously didn&#39;t think Robertson was worth it, best defender in the draft or not. To act like Bradway somehow "outsmarted" him is not only homer spin, it&#39;s also funny considering the Pats will end up better of having not made that deal.

So you got D-rob, good luck with him. Hopefully for you he&#39;ll be Baby Sapp and not just a big baby. [/b][/quote]
    Another retard who lives ignorantly by the BB bible.

Keep telling yourself that, maybe you&#39;ll really believe it.

Never said Bradway outsmarted anybody, I said Bradway beat BB and many others to the punch, forcing the other teams, including BB to go to plan B or even C.

Let me guess, the trading away of the 2nd first rounder last year to Baltimore was all apart of BB&#39;s master plan, and Warren was the guy he wanted all along, right?

Shut the hell up you stupid homer.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19+Apr 16 2004, 11:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Ray Ray19 @ Apr 16 2004, 11:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -scrizzy@Apr 16 2004, 10:35 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Ray Ray19@Apr 16 2004, 12:13 AM
    [b]
    Exactly.

Too funny. [/b][/quote]

Congrats,

So you got D-rob, good luck with him. Hopefully for you he&#39;ll be Baby Sapp and not just a big baby. [/b][/quote]

Never said Bradway outsmarted anybody, I said Bradway beat BB and many others to the punch, forcing the other teams, including BB to go to plan B or even C.

Let me guess, the trading away of the 2nd first rounder last year to Baltimore was all apart of BB&#39;s master plan, and Warren was the guy he wanted all along, right?

Shut the hell up you stupid homer. [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re an ignorant punk. You have no idea what value BB placed on D-Rob or anybody else. The simple fact is that BB could have traded with Chicago if he had wanted to. He didn&#39;t. Make of that what you will. The supposed Detriot deal is a complete work of fiction. If he wouldn&#39;t give up 2 firsts and a 4th for D-rob to Chicago, why would he give up 2 firsts and a 2nd to Detroit? The answer is, he wouldn&#39;t.

And no, I don&#39;t think he planned all along to trade down with Baltimore, but when he got the opportunity he did it. You see this is all about making deciscions. Bradway decided to trade up, BB didn&#39;t. I never said that makes him a genius, but it certainly doesn&#39;t mean that Bradway "beat him to the punch".

Later on Bradway decided to draft a backup fullback in the 3rd, while BB decided to trade his for a 2nd rounder this year. So instead of a FB who is in no danger of starting in the near future, BB has the 56th pick in a super draft class. Again, all about decisions. I&#39;m comfortable with BB and Pioli making them for my team. How secure are you in Bradway making them for yours?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by scrizzy+Apr 16 2004, 12:41 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (scrizzy @ Apr 16 2004, 12:41 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Ray Ray19@Apr 16 2004, 11:49 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -scrizzy@Apr 16 2004, 10:35 AM
    [b]
    Exactly.

Too funny. [/b][/quote]

Congrats,

You&#39;re an ignorant punk. You have no idea what value BB placed on D-Rob or anybody else. The simple fact is that BB could have traded with Chicago if he had wanted to. He didn&#39;t. Make of that what you will. The supposed Detriot deal is a complete work of fiction. If he wouldn&#39;t give up 2 firsts and a 4th for D-rob to Chicago, why would he give up 2 firsts and a 2nd to Detroit? The answer is, he wouldn&#39;t.

And no, I don&#39;t think he planned all along to trade down with Baltimore, but when he got the opportunity he did it. You see this is all about making deciscions. Bradway decided to trade up, BB didn&#39;t. I never said that makes him a genius, but it certainly doesn&#39;t mean that Bradway "beat him to the punch".

Later on Bradway decided to draft a backup fullback in the 3rd, while BB decided to trade his for a 2nd rounder this year. So instead of a FB who is in no danger of starting in the near future, BB has the 56th pick in a super draft class. Again, all about decisions. I&#39;m comfortable with BB and Pioli making them for my team. How secure are you in Bradway making them for yours? [/b][/quote]
    LOL, a punk?

Listen dilweed, you&#39;re the jackass fluffing everything the great BB does.

BB tried to trade up for Robertson, he was willing to trade both first rounders, and a 2nd rounder, he did not want to trade a 3rd rounder.

I understand your panties are in a wad because somebody DARES to say ANYTHING bad about the great BB.

The FACT is BB wanted the guy Bradway got.

You can&#39;t handle it.

If there is anybody being a punk about all of this, it&#39;s YOU.

Grow up you stupid little schmuck and remove your lips from BB&#39;s sphincter long enough to accept that Bradway beat him to Robertson.

As for our FB? Why change the subject? More proof you can&#39;t handle any criticism for your boy.

The Askew pick was easy, the Jets didn&#39;t know if Sowell could handle the full time gig, they had lost Anderson to FA, and had a need there. Fortunately for them, Sowell has turned out to be a good starting FB. Bradway was the same person who resigned Sowell to a 5 year contract, the younger of the two players, and not Anderson. Actually, it was a GOOD move.

I&#39;m actually fine with Bradway, the criticm he gets for last year&#39;s off-season is WAY overrated, and those that kill him are the ACTUAL IGNORANT little punks, you probably being one of them.

Shut your hole, grab on to your BB doll, you have 2 Super Bowls, enjoy them and shut up, a&#036;&#036;clown.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, Ray, you are assured a full time 6 figure job with the Bush administration is assured. Your ability to consistantly spin fiction and partial truthes into absolute facts (at least by your definition ;) ) will soon be legendary. Just send this thread to them and wait for a call. It should take only a few minutes of reading you posts to get back to you.

Seriously you read, but you don&#39;t comprehend what most reasonable Pats fans have been trying to tell you this entire thread. BUT I am a patient man, so I will try again.

These Following are FACTS that most fans would agree to.

1. DRob was the highest rated DT available

2. Most people thought he was a top 6 pick

3. Most people thought he was one of the top 3 defensive players in the draft.

4. With 2 picks in the first round the Pats FO did investigate what it would take to move up in the draft.

No one is arguing that DRob should have been drafted where he was. This issues are and have aways been:

1. Did the Jets pay too much for the pick
    2. Did the results you got in year one, equal what DRob cost.
    3. Would the Jets have been better off keeping their picks

The clear answers to these questions are:

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. Yes, as of right now

Those are things we all can agree to.

What is left is pure speculation, but we can infer the following.

1. BB was NOT out bid by Bradway. The Pats 2 first round picks were better than the Jets (I think it was 14 and 19 for the Pats and 13 and 24 for the Jets). So the Pats could have paid the Bears with fewer picks.

2. NO ONE is saying Bradway paid to much for the jump he made. Most would say he paid the correct value to move up from 13 to 4. What people ARE saying is that he could have done better for the team overall if he&#39;d stayed pat, AND it has turned out that DRob hasn&#39;t been worth the cost.... so far.

3. We can infer that BB looked at a similar trade and simply decided against it. I doubt very much whether it had anything to do with DRob, it probably had more to do with what the Pats needed more.

4. There is no doubt the DRob was a more attractive prospect than Ty Warren, the issue IS, whether he was THAT MUCH better to warrant the move up, vrs what the Pats could pick up with the picks they saved.

As it turned out the Pats did well with those picks. As I pointed out in an earlier post, it hasn&#39;t always been the case.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19+Apr 16 2004, 02:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Ray Ray19 @ Apr 16 2004, 02:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -scrizzy@Apr 16 2004, 12:41 PM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -Ray Ray19@Apr 16 2004, 11:49 AM
    [b] [quote]Originally posted by -scrizzy@Apr 16 2004, 10:35 AM
    [b]
    Exactly.

Too funny. [/b][/quote]

Congrats,

Later on Bradway decided to draft a backup fullback in the 3rd, while BB decided to trade his for a 2nd rounder this year. So instead of a FB who is in no danger of starting in the near future, BB has the 56th pick in a super draft class. Again, all about decisions. I&#39;m comfortable with BB and Pioli making them for my team. How secure are you in Bradway making them for yours? [/b][/quote]
    LOL, a punk?

Listen dilweed, you&#39;re the jackass fluffing everything the great BB does.

BB tried to trade up for Robertson, he was willing to trade both first rounders, and a 2nd rounder, he did not want to trade a 3rd rounder.

I understand your panties are in a wad because somebody DARES to say ANYTHING bad about the great BB.

The FACT is BB wanted the guy Bradway got.

You can&#39;t handle it.

If there is anybody being a punk about all of this, it&#39;s YOU.

Grow up you stupid little schmuck and remove your lips from BB&#39;s sphincter long enough to accept that Bradway beat him to Robertson.

As for our FB? Why change the subject? More proof you can&#39;t handle any criticism for your boy.

The Askew pick was easy, the Jets didn&#39;t know if Sowell could handle the full time gig, they had lost Anderson to FA, and had a need there. Fortunately for them, Sowell has turned out to be a good starting FB. Bradway was the same person who resigned Sowell to a 5 year contract, the younger of the two players, and not Anderson. Actually, it was a GOOD move.

I&#39;m actually fine with Bradway, the criticm he gets for last year&#39;s off-season is WAY overrated, and those that kill him are the ACTUAL IGNORANT little punks, you probably being one of them.

Shut your hole, grab on to your BB doll, you have 2 Super Bowls, enjoy them and shut up, a&#036;&#036;clown. [/b][/quote]
    First of all, this thread was about the Pats stock-piling picks, not about D-Rob. Second of all you are wrong and cannot offer any proof to the contrary.

answer me one simple question:

If BB talked to Chicago and wouldn&#39;t give up his two 1sts without getting a 2nd back, why would he then decide to give up 2 firsts AND a 2nd to Detroit?

Any ideas? Bueller? Anyone?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing that maters is the result, the Pats got one of the best rookie classes in team history, and the Jets gave up a bunch of picks for a developmental player. All is right in the world, and I&#39;m sure when D Rob gets back from NFL Europe, he will be more than ready to make the jump up to 2nd string. ;)