Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: No Comment

  1. #1
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,266
    [quote][b]Wednesday, April 14, 2004 10:31 a.m. EDT
    [b]Kerry's War Wound Called 'Fingernail Scrape'[/b]

    Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry insisted on being awarded his first Purple Heart in Vietnam even though his injury amounted to no more than a "fingernail scrape," his commanding officer at the time now says.

    Retired Lt. Cmdr. Grant Hibbard tells the Boston Globe that he can still recall Kerry's wound, and that "it resembled a scrape from a fingernail," the paper said.

    "I've had thorns from a rose that were worse," Hibbard insists.

    Still, the former Navy man remembered that Kerry insisted on receiving a Purple Heart for the wound he said was incurred during a Dec. 3, 1968 skirmish with Viet Cong near Cam Ranh Bay.

    "He had a little scratch on his forearm, and he was holding a piece of shrapnel," Hibbard told the Globe. "People in the office were saying, 'I don't think we got any fire,' and there is a guy holding a little piece of shrapnel in his palm."

    Much to Hibbard's chagrin, Kerry persisted in his quest for a war decoration for the scratch.

    "I finally said, 'OK, if that's what happened ... do whatever you want,'" Hibbard said. "After that, I don't know what happened. Obviously, he got it, I don't know how."

    Kerry's campaign refused to say whether he remains certain that his skimmer boat had come under fire or whether he recalls his superior officer raising doubts about whether he was entitled to the Purple Heart.

    While a Kerry aide provided a copy of a medical report showing treatment for the wound in question, The Naval Historical Center "could not locate a copy of the original card for the incident," the Globe said.

    [b]Kerry was awarded two additional Purple Hearts for subsequent wounds that have also been described as minor. He then invoked a little-used regulation that entitled a triple Purple Heart winner to return to the United States.

    Former Sen. Max Cleland, a Kerry supporter who lost three limbs in Vietnam, was never awarded a Purple Heart. [/b][/b][/quote]

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    This is in the past, Bush's dental records from 35 years ago are more important.

  3. #3
    Unbelievable. If this is in fact true, what a shame!

    You're basic problem for America? The Democrats have now gone so far to the left, with these bizzaro candidates, that the Republicans feel they can inch "leftward" to soak up some votes from some Democrats.

    Of course this will backfire, and the Democrats will win the Presidency, as the many in the "Republican base" will abandon the party in large numbers, while the "new Republicans" Karl Rove seeks will still go 90 percent democrat :rolleyes:

    Just a sad, sad time we are going through: Kerry running (and possibly winning), and Republicans trying to be Jimmy Carter on just about every domestic issue (moderate Democrats-pre Clinton).

  4. #4
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,255
    It's funny that Commander whatshisname suddenly has these non-verifiable memories. Where has he been for thirty years?

    The smear machine of the right is in full gear.

  5. #5
    Why isnt the mainstream media reporting this! Someone forward this article to mr hannity!

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,452
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 04:00 PM
    [b] It's funny that Commander whatshisname suddenly has these non-verifiable memories. Where has he been for thirty years?

    The smear machine of the right is in full gear. [/b][/quote]
    It probably didn't matter to him until the Kerry camp started trumpeting their 'war hero' candidate an rolling out Max Cleland to validate it.

    I'm sure you had all sorts of problems with Bush's Guard service. But this is a smear campaign.

    Man, you have no shame.

  7. #7
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,255
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Apr 15 2004, 04:04 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Apr 15 2004, 04:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 04:00 PM
    [b] It&#39;s funny that Commander whatshisname suddenly has these non-verifiable memories. Where has he been for thirty years?

    The smear machine of the right is in full gear. [/b][/quote]
    It probably didn&#39;t matter to him until the Kerry camp started trumpeting their &#39;war hero&#39; candidate an rolling out Max Cleland to validate it.

    I&#39;m sure you had all sorts of problems with Bush&#39;s Guard service. But this is a smear campaign.

    Man, you have no shame. [/b][/quote]
    Kerry went to Vietnam and served his country. Bush did not.

    Bush smeared John McCain in 2000 and he&#39;s smearing John Kerry now.

    And I&#39;m the one with no shame?

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,452
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™+Apr 15 2004, 04:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bob the Jets Fan™ @ Apr 15 2004, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Piper@Apr 15 2004, 04:04 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 04:00 PM
    [b] It&#39;s funny that Commander whatshisname suddenly has these non-verifiable memories. Where has he been for thirty years?

    The smear machine of the right is in full gear. [/b][/quote]
    It probably didn&#39;t matter to him until the Kerry camp started trumpeting their &#39;war hero&#39; candidate an rolling out Max Cleland to validate it.

    I&#39;m sure you had all sorts of problems with Bush&#39;s Guard service. But this is a smear campaign.

    Man, you have no shame. [/b][/quote]
    Kerry went to Vietnam and served his country. Bush did not.

    Bush smeared John McCain in 2000 and he&#39;s smearing John Kerry now.

    And I&#39;m the one with no shame? [/b][/quote]
    Is it smearing if it is true?

    And I doubt the people who are currently in the Air National Guard would agree with you that they aren&#39;t serving their country, both those who have been called into service and those who might yet be. Would you say that to them face to face?

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    Let&#39;s see, when the tables were turned, what excuses did the libs use...

    It&#39;s not the Bush camp, it&#39;s a bunch of concerned citizens voicing their right to free speech.

    Besides, he actually fought in the war, before he protested against it.

  10. #10
    Well, this kind of knocks Kerry down...nine or ten pegs&#33;

  11. #11
    if we are comparing Kerry to Bush, yeah Kerry&#39;s wound is bull**** but at least he didn&#39;t go AWOL from the important job of protecting Texas from Mexico

    if Bush supporters don&#39;t care that their candidate didn&#39;t even show up to the air natl guard then why should Kerry supporters care that his purple hearts are bull?

  12. #12
    [quote][b]if we are comparing Kerry to Bush, yeah Kerry&#39;s wound is bull**** but at least he didn&#39;t go AWOL from the important job of protecting Texas from Mexico[/b][/quote]

    Bit, besides the amnesty scheme, which he&#39;s running away from faster than Carl Lewis on fire (for now), did you know in his time as Governor a city in Texas dropped ENGLISH as it&#39;s official language and nothing was done about it?

    How about some kind of proclamation that English shall be the official language in every city and town in Texas ?

    Nah, Republicans would never do that, these days :blink:

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    11,692
    Sure, Bush can be called a deserter, a liar, and a fraud, but that&#39;s NOT "smearing."

    Bob - you have a nice little fantasy world set up for yourself, huh? :lol:

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 09:21 PM
    [b] if we are comparing Kerry to Bush, yeah Kerry&#39;s wound is bull**** but at least he didn&#39;t go AWOL from the important job of protecting Texas from Mexico

    if Bush supporters don&#39;t care that their candidate didn&#39;t even show up to the air natl guard then why should Kerry supporters care that his purple hearts are bull? [/b][/quote]
    The past ain&#39;t gonna defeat terrorism against America.

    Kerry should be admired for his service to this country. The problem I have with him is his behavior since he&#39;s returned.

    Dems started this with all this AWOL talk to try and knock GW down a few pegs. And they&#39;re trying it again by perverting the purpose of this 9-11 commission.

    As with everything else that backfires on them, they can&#39;t stand the taste of their own medicine.

  15. #15
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    State Location Here
    Posts
    8,266
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™+Apr 15 2004, 04:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bob the Jets Fan™ @ Apr 15 2004, 04:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Piper@Apr 15 2004, 04:04 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 04:00 PM
    [b] It&#39;s funny that Commander whatshisname suddenly has these non-verifiable memories. Where has he been for thirty years?

    The smear machine of the right is in full gear. [/b][/quote]
    It probably didn&#39;t matter to him until the Kerry camp started trumpeting their &#39;war hero&#39; candidate an rolling out Max Cleland to validate it.

    I&#39;m sure you had all sorts of problems with Bush&#39;s Guard service. But this is a smear campaign.

    Man, you have no shame. [/b][/quote]
    Kerry went to Vietnam and served his country. Bush did not.

    Bush smeared John McCain in 2000 and he&#39;s smearing John Kerry now.

    And I&#39;m the one with no shame? [/b][/quote]
    The guy was injured so badly, and so repeatedly, that he had to invoke the 3 purple hearts rule and return stateside, post haste. 35 years later, he can carve up a mountain on a snowboard like a teenager, and can&#39;t even remember what his injuries were.

    And your point is that Bush abused the system.

    OK

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,601
    You know whats really Funny&#33;&#33; When Clinton ran against Bush
    I who was a WW2 Combat Pilot or in 96 then he ran against Dole
    made a Big Deal of his Military history or Clintons lack of it&#33; the Only
    when the Vet is on the Dem side does it become so important&#33;&#33; :lol:

    Subject: John Glenn on the Senate floor

    Some people still don&#39;t understand why military personnel do what they do
    for a living. This exchange Between Senators John Glenn and Sen. Howard
    Metzenbaum is worth reading. Not only is it a pretty impressive impromptu
    speech, but it&#39;s also a good example of one man&#39;s explanation of why men
    and women in the Armed Services do what they do for a living.This IS a
    typical, though sad, example of what some who have never served think of
    the Military.

    Senator Metzenbaum to Senator Glenn: "How can you run for Senate when
    you&#39;ve never held a "real job?"

    Senator Glenn: "I served 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. I
    served through two wars. I flew 149 missions. My plane was hit by
    antiaircraft fire on 12 different occasions. I was in the Space Program.
    It wasn&#39;t my checkbook, Howard; it was my Life on the line. It was not a
    nine to five job, where I took time off to take the daily cash receipts
    to the bank. I ask you to go with me ... as I went the other day ... to a
    Veterans Hospital and look those men -- with their mangled bodies -- in
    the eye, and tell THEM they didn&#39;t hold a job&#33;

    You go with me to the Space Program at NASA and go, as I have gone, to
    the widows and orphans of Ed White, Gus Grissom and Roger Chaffee...and
    you look those kids in the eye and tell them that their DADS didn&#39;t hold
    a job.

    You go with me on Memorial Day and you stand in Arlington National
    Cemetery, where I have more friends buried than I&#39;d like to remember, and
    you watch those waving flags. You stand there, and you think about this
    Nation, and you tell ME that those people didn&#39;t have a job?

    I&#39;ll tell you, Howard Metzenbaum, you should be on your knees every day
    of your life thanking God that there were some men - SOME MEN - who held
    REAL jobs. And they required a dedication to a purpose -- and a love of
    country and a dedicate ion to duty -- that was more important than life
    itself. And their self-sacrifice is what made this country possible.

    I HAVE held a job, Howard&#33; ---What about you?"

    For those who don&#39;t remember - During W.W.II, Howard Metzenbaum was an
    attorney representing the Communist Party in the USA. Now he is a
    Senator&#33;

    If you can read this, thank a teacher... If you are reading it in
    English, thank a Veteran.......

  17. #17
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    4,255
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@Apr 16 2004, 11:25 AM
    [b] You know whats really Funny&#33;&#33; When Clinton ran against Bush
    I who was a WW2 Combat Pilot or in 96 then he ran against Dole
    made a Big Deal of his Military history or Clintons lack of it&#33; the Only
    when the Vet is on the Dem side does it become so important&#33;&#33; :lol:
    [/b][/quote]
    Well, that works two ways. Cons screamed "draft dodger" to the high heavens at Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996. Now, when they&#39;re running their own draft dodger against a genuine Vietnam vet (for the second time), the hypocrites want us to forget all about that.

    Honestly, though, I don&#39;t see how it matters. Clinton proved, twice (and Dubya once), that military service is not going to decide an election.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    31,408
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 05:25 PM
    [b]Let&#39;s see, when the tables were turned, what excuses did the libs use...

    It&#39;s not the Bush camp, it&#39;s a bunch of concerned citizens voicing their right to free speech.

    Besides, he actually fought in the war, before he protested against it.[/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s the Republican attack machine at work.....of course the libs call their attack machine "freedom of speech".

    Just like they (the libs) don&#39;t call themselves pro-abortion rather pro-choice....of course no one in this country should be able to have the choice on how to arm themselves or how their school tax &#036;&#036; should be spent&#33;.... ;)

    BTW: was it not too long ago when kerry asked that the "wounds of vietnam" not be reopened and there be an effort not to politicize that war?

    I&#39;m sure what he said today in Pittsburgh will go over real well:

    [i]KERRY AT PITT RALLY: I&#39;m tired of Karl Rove and Dick Cheney, who went out of their way to avoid chance to serve... I&#39;m not going to listen to them talk to me about patriotism... (Points to flag) See that great stars and stripes? I fought under that flag and I&#39;ve seen it draped over coffins of friends... The political bombs may be bursting in air today as they try to distort the truth. But as I look up that flag is still there."

    Pitt&#39;s public relations director, police say nearly 8,000 - 10,000 at Kerry rally, ABC News&#39; Brooke Brower reports... [/i]

    [url=http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/]http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/[/url]

  19. #19
    Maxman
    Guest
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 15 2004, 09:21 PM
    [b] if we are comparing Kerry to Bush, yeah Kerry&#39;s wound is bull**** but at least he didn&#39;t go AWOL from the important job of protecting Texas from Mexico

    if Bush supporters don&#39;t care that their candidate didn&#39;t even show up to the air natl guard then why should Kerry supporters care that his purple hearts are bull? [/b][/quote]
    Bit:
    This is not fair. Had Bush stood his ground and kept all those Mexicans out of the US, we would be in much worse shape today. Landscaping prices for example would be out of control.

    I Thank you GWB.

    And my lawn thanks you GWB.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,393
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™[/i]@Apr 16 2004, 02:16 PM
    [b] Well, that works two ways. Cons screamed "draft dodger" to the high heavens at Bill Clinton in 1992 and 1996. Now, when they&#39;re running their own draft dodger against a genuine Vietnam vet (for the second time), the hypocrites want us to forget all about that.

    Honestly, though, I don&#39;t see how it matters. Clinton proved, twice (and Dubya once), that military service is not going to decide an election. [/b][/quote]
    You&#39;re absolutely correct. And that&#39;s why I hope you guys keep harping on it all the way until November.

    Just one minor correction: GW didn&#39;t see combat, but he did serve, unlike the other guy who never served any service for even a day because he was too busy protesting his country in a foreign land.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us