Thread: Democrat party priorities during the war on terror

Hall Of Fame
    Re: Hurricane names

( 8/3/2003 ) The congressional newspaper the Hill reported this week that Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) feels that the current names are too "lily white," and is seeking to have better representation for names reflecting African-Americans and other ethnic groups.
    "All racial groups should be represented," Lee said, according to the Hill. She hoped federal weather officials "would try to be inclusive of African-American names."

:lol:

Is she friggin' serious?!

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Well...Jason Williams wife just had a baby girl and they named her something like "whizzdom" or whizzom". Maybe they can find someone that's not "lilly white" with a similiar name! :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Al Gore, another Useful Idiot, prioritizes "global warming" :lol:

GORE TO WARN OF 'GLOBAL WARMING' ON NEW YORK CITY'S COLDEST DAY IN DECADES!

In what political watchers are calling possibly the biggest gaffe in years, former Vice President Al Gore is set to give a speech tomorrow on the perils of global warming -- on what is expected to be the coldest day in New England in nearly half a century!

Against the advice of senior advisers, Gore is planning to appear at the historic Beacon Theatre in Manhattan on Thursday to issue an indictment of the Bush administration's "inaction on global warming."

Gore will make the warming case on a day forecasters are predicting the coldest temps in Boston since 1957, with wind chills in parts of New England plunging to 100 degrees below zero!

Even though forecasters predict Thursday night will bring the coldest temperature reading in New York City in more than 10 years [1 degree above zero], sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT that Gore is determined to deliver the speech -- hoping to make the case how "Global warming" is actually the cause of the record cold snap!

"The extreme conditions are actually the end result of the planet warming," Gore has told advisers, sources say, in explaining his motivations. "The Bush policies are leading to weather extremes."

Sources would not say whether the speech is to be given outdoors.

WED JAN 14, 2004 19:39:09 ET

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@Apr 16 2004, 09:07 AM
    [b] Al Gore, another Useful Idiot, prioritizes "global warming" :lol:

GORE TO WARN OF 'GLOBAL WARMING' ON NEW YORK CITY'S COLDEST DAY IN DECADES!

In what political watchers are calling possibly the biggest gaffe in years, former Vice President Al Gore is set to give a speech tomorrow on the perils of global warming -- on what is expected to be the coldest day in New England in nearly half a century!

Against the advice of senior advisers, Gore is planning to appear at the historic Beacon Theatre in Manhattan on Thursday to issue an indictment of the Bush administration's "inaction on global warming."

Gore will make the warming case on a day forecasters are predicting the coldest temps in Boston since 1957, with wind chills in parts of New England plunging to 100 degrees below zero!

Even though forecasters predict Thursday night will bring the coldest temperature reading in New York City in more than 10 years [1 degree above zero], sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT that Gore is determined to deliver the speech -- hoping to make the case how "Global warming" is actually the cause of the record cold snap!

"The extreme conditions are actually the end result of the planet warming," Gore has told advisers, sources say, in explaining his motivations. "The Bush policies are leading to weather extremes."

Sources would not say whether the speech is to be given outdoors.

WED JAN 14, 2004 19:39:09 ET [/b][/quote]
    Here's the funny thing...a friend of mine works down at the Beacon and told me Gore arrived in a nice, big, gas guzzling limo for his speech!!

I remember someone else telling me an equally funny story...remember the whole "no-nukes" movement in the early 80's? The concert with Bonnie Rait, Jackass Browne and a bunch of others at the Garden.

They had a kick-off for it at Battery Square Park (led by none other than Hanoi Jane) on a very hot summer day. All the speakers got up there and spoke; "nukes...bad, bad, bad. Fossil fuel...bad, bad, bad. Solar energy!...good!good!good! Conservation....good!good!good!"

Meanwhile, on this hot summer day, they kept the limo's running even when there were parked so the air conditioning in the car's would continue to keep pumping and it would be nice and frosty when they (the "stars" of the no-nuke movement) got back in to leave the rally!!

True story!!

[quote][i]Originally posted by Come Back to NY[/i]@Apr 16 2004, 08:15 AM
    [b] Well...Jason Williams wife just had a baby girl and they named her something like "whizzdom" or whizzom". Maybe they can find someone that's not "lilly white" with a similiar name! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    It was supposed to be wisdom but she didnt know how to spell it so it ended up as whizzdom. :D

All League
    Atleast she is fighting for her constituants and not some huge multi-national corporation.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Apr 19 2004, 04:11 PM
    [b] Atleast she is fighting for her constituants and not some huge multi-national corporation. [/b][/quote]
    Ever hear of the term "pick your battles?"

What a waste of energy this whole "fight" is.

Hall Of Fame
    [img]http://a.abcnews.com/media/US/images/gay_marriage_030731_nh.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Apr 19 2004, 04:11 PM
    [b] Atleast she is fighting for her constituants and not some huge multi-national corporation. [/b][/quote]
    Section - do you not like capitalism or do you simply parrot slogans about the bogey man?