Thread: Sorry Shade

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Down a goal and then they tied it. The Isles showed pride. Gotta give 'em credit. Sad to see them exit early. Angry

Next year, dude!

p.s.: That Martin St. Louis is one helluva player for such a little guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isles had me a bit worried early on in the series. The were playing the Bolts well, but had little success against the "Bulin Wall". The lightning made the adjustments needed in New York and the Isles just could keep up. They threw the kitchen sink against the Lightning in game five, but it just wasn't enough.
    The one negetive thing I will say about the Islanders is the Dipietro needs a leash. I knew it would coast you guys a goal eventually, and sure enough it happened.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    DiPietro does have me holding my breath every time he wanders too far...

He will only get better... question is will the Isles trade him before he does (like soooo many former Isle goalies before him)

Hell of a shot by St. Louis to win it.

Good luck in the next round BucJeff.

FORE!!!!!!!!! :lol:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dipietro....get back in the g**-damn net...you aint Marty Broduer pal.

Get rid of Yashin and Jonsonn.

Good luck GGG and Guns...Flyers vs Wings??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shadetree@Apr 19 2004, 03:19 PM
    It would be a hell of a sweep by the Wings.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Apr 19 2004, 01:47 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Apr 19 2004, 01:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Shadetree@Apr 19 2004, 03:19 PM
    It would be a hell of a sweep by the Wings. [/b][/quote]
    Slow down, Guns&#33; One step at a time. The Preds weren&#39;t that easy, dude.

I patiently await our next opponent....the winner of the Leafs/Sens game tonight. Bring &#39;em on&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How great is playoff hockey?....flames/canucks last nite...leafs/senators tonite.....sweet.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shadetree@Apr 20 2004, 07:37 AM
    How great is playoff hockey?....flames/canucks last nite...leafs/senators tonite.....sweet.
    You&#39;re forgetting the Habs/Bruins&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; WOWOWOWOWOW.

Thought the Flames were DONE when the Canucks scored with 5 secs in regulation.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still think there is nothing more exciting other than seeing Jets win the Super Bowl than overtime in hockey.
    Detroit and Colorado in the next round is a great matchup.
    Philly and Toronto would be a nasty series.
    GGG you owe Montreal since they gave your Flyers home ice advantage by knocking out the Bruins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 20 2004, 08:31 AM
    I still think there is nothing more exciting other than seeing Jets win the Super Bowl than overtime in hockey.
    GGG you owe Montreal since they gave your Flyers home ice advantage by knocking out the Bruins.
    faba: I don&#39;t disagree with you. Hell, I&#39;d rather see the Jets win a SB, too. But I&#39;m a realist. It&#39;s now or never for my Flyboys. They aren&#39;t young. It&#39;s this year or bust. But they&#39;re closer to Lord Stanley than our Green is to the Lombardi.

Flyers/Leafs would be a good, tight matchup and that&#39;s what I&#39;m hopin&#39; for&#33;&#33;&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I probably have to agree with you that Jets are in no position to challenge for The Super Bowl but you never know and you gotta keep dreaming-who predicted before last year Carolina would win NFC.
    Things are setting up right for The Flyers I do think they have a good chance to come out of the Eastern Conference. Tampa bay i do not think it going to last as #1 seed-I happen to like Montreal to knock them out.
    Still think either Detroit or Colorado winner brings home the Cup though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 20 2004, 09:31 AM
    Don&#39;t be surprised if you see a hell of a series between Detroit-Calgary.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 20 2004, 09:31 AM
    Home ice for the 2nd round anyway.

Best sign I&#39;ve seen this year so far in the playoffs....And the Lord Stanley said "Let there be Lightning".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys...Off Topic...me and a friend are trying to figure out a name of a guy who played on CALGARY&#39;s cup team of the late 80&#39;s.

We know Vernon, Nieuwendyke(sic?) ......we are trying to figure out the third guy who was a pretty big-name player.....anybody recall players names from that team?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Shadetree@Apr 20 2004, 03:40 PM
    Guys...Off Topic...me and a friend are trying to figure out a name of a guy who played on CALGARY&#39;s cup team of the late 80&#39;s.

We know Vernon, Nieuwendyke(sic?) ......we are trying to figure out the third guy who was a pretty big-name player.....anybody recall players names from that team?
    You&#39;ve come to the right place Shade.

Joe Mullen led them in scoring that year with 110 points.
    Hakan Loob, Doug Gilmour, Al MacInnis, Theo Fleury, Lanny MacDonald, Gary Roberts. Those are some of the notables. B)