Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Al Qaeda Attackers Caught Red-Handed with W

Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Saturday, Apr. 17, 2004 11:23 AM EDT Foiled Al Qaeda Attackers Caught Red-Handed with WMDs

Two members of an al Qaeda cell connected to top terror master Abu Musab al-Zarqawi have been caught in Jordan with chemical weapons and poisonous gas for a planned attack that Jordanian officials say would have killed up to 20,000 people.

The officials told the London-based newspaper al-Hayat on Friday that the al Qaeda plotters planned to launch a WMD attack against a Jordanian Military Intelligence installation, the US embassy in Amman and a government building in the country.

According to the Israeli newspaper Maariv, the al Qaeda terrorists managed to smuggle three cars packed with explosives into Amman. Jordanian security forces found a chemical charge in one vehicle.

"The bomb, had it been detonated, could have affected people in a one kilometer radius and cause the deaths of up to 20,000 people," Jordanian officials told Maariv

According to United Press International, the al Qaeda car was intercepted just 75 miles from the Syrian border and "carried explosives, a chemical bomb and poisonous gas."

The discovery of the al Qaeda WMD plot is sure to renew speculation that some of Saddam Hussein's missing weapons of mass destruction were hidden in Syria before the U.S. attacked in March 2003, and have now found their way into al Qaeda's hands.

As of Saturday morning, the White House had not commented on the al Qaeda WMD plot and its possible ties to Iraq.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, the Bush bashers will keep bashing.

If Kofi Annon backs over tons of Iraqi chemical and bio weapons with his SUV, and their all hand signed by Saddam and videotapes of Saddam giving Osama a Lewinsky, the members of the jackass party will moveon(.org) to some other smoke screen.

Then the spin will be, "Okay, so even though Saddam didn't have them when the war begun, he quickly developed them for defense. Now because of Bush they fell into Al Queda's hands."

You can't win with these clowns. That's why a dnc defeat in November topped off with a side of GOP congress and a Supreme Court majority chaser will be just the thing to cure what ails America.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    are these the Iraqi WMD?

that's most people's problem with Bush he attacked IRAQ and has 150k soldiers in IRAQ on the premise of WMD that weren't there.

sorry but AL-queda WMD in jordan and Iraqi WMD in Iraq aren't the same thing... unless of course Saddam gave the WMD to Al_Queda before the invasion, in which case it would be George's FAULT for allowing them to go missing. At least when Saddam had these WMD we all knew where they were. Now no one knows where they are - the idea that they don't exist is what we should all hope, cause the alternatives are frightening.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 17 2004, 09:03 PM
    [b] sorry but AL-queda WMD in jordan and Iraqi WMD in Iraq aren't the same thing... unless of course Saddam gave the WMD to Al_Queda before the invasion, in which case it would be George's FAULT for allowing them to go missing. At least when Saddam had these WMD we all knew where they were. Now no one knows where they are - the idea that they don't exist is what we should all hope, cause the alternatives are frightening. [/b][/quote]
    See what I mean.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] are these the Iraqi WMD?

that's most people's problem with Bush he attacked IRAQ and has 150k soldiers in IRAQ on the premise of WMD that weren't there.

sorry but AL-queda WMD in jordan and Iraqi WMD in Iraq aren't the same thing... unless of course Saddam gave the WMD to Al_Queda before the invasion, in which case it would be George's FAULT for allowing them to go missing. At least when Saddam had these WMD we all knew where they were. Now no one knows where they are - the idea that they don't exist is what we should all hope, cause the alternatives are frightening. [/b][/quote]
    Are you kidding me? Bush's fault? Lefties and the UN used every delay tactic in the book. For 9 months Bush was trying to get the approval of a corrupt UN. Plenty of time for Saddam to move his WMD's, which we knew were there in 98. Where did they go? Isn't that the most important question? Whose hands are they in?
    Even in Al-Qaeda and Iraq weren't in bed together, my enemies enemy is my friend.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb+Apr 17 2004, 09:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Spirit of Weeb @ Apr 17 2004, 09:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Apr 17 2004, 09:03 PM
    [b] sorry but AL-queda WMD in jordan and Iraqi WMD in Iraq aren&#39;t the same thing... unless of course Saddam gave the WMD to Al_Queda before the invasion, in which case it would be George&#39;s FAULT for allowing them to go missing. At least when Saddam had these WMD we all knew where they were. Now no one knows where they are - the idea that they don&#39;t exist is what we should all hope, cause the alternatives are frightening. [/b][/quote]
    See what I mean. [/b][/quote]
    Holy sh*t that is too funny&#33;&#33;&#33; :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]
    unless of course Saddam gave the WMD to Al_Queda before the invasion, in which case it would be George&#39;s FAULT for allowing them to go missing. At least when Saddam had these WMD we all knew where they were. Now no one knows where they are - the idea that they don&#39;t exist is what we should all hope, cause the alternatives are frightening. [/b][/quote]
    This is the most intellectually vapid and illogical post you have ever made. Please tell me this isn&#39;t representative of your ability to reason...THAT is frightening ;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Spirit of Weeb[/i]@Apr 17 2004, 09:13 PM
    [b] [QUOTE=bitonti,Apr 17 2004, 09:03 PM] sorry but AL-queda WMD in jordan and Iraqi WMD in Iraq aren&#39;t the same thing... unless of course Saddam gave the WMD to Al_Queda before the invasion, in which case it would be George&#39;s FAULT for allowing them to go missing. At least when Saddam had these WMD we all knew where they were. Now no one knows where they are - the idea that they don&#39;t exist is what we should all hope, cause the alternatives are frightening. [/b][/quote]
    Such predictable garbage. If that article was true and this is your response...... lets just say its sad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    since when is George Bush infallible like the pope?

you know what i think is sad? how all of you guys see mistakes clearly being made by the President and intelligent people point it out, you dismiss all the intelligent people as being selfish (not me, im talking about Zinni and Woodward and Clarke etc) in favor of believing that George Bush can&#39;t make mistakes.

Well then i guess his presidency has been the most successful of ANY president... EVER&#33; #1&#33;&#33;&#33;

whatever you guys are living in a fantasy land. THAT&#39;s sad <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 20 2004, 12:06 PM
    [b] since when is George Bush infallible like the pope?

you know what i think is sad? how all of you guys see mistakes clearly being made by the President and intelligent people point it out, you dismiss all the intelligent people as being selfish (not me, im talking about Zinni and Woodward and Clarke etc) in favor of believing that George Bush can&#39;t make mistakes.

Well then i guess his presidency has been the most successful of ANY president... EVER&#33; #1&#33;&#33;&#33;

whatever you guys are living in a fantasy land. THAT&#39;s sad <_< [/b][/quote]
    Bit -

Clarke is a hack and his book and motives are as transparent as Dick Morris&#39; work.

I have never said Bush is infallible and have acknowledged mistakes he&#39;s made, many of them domestically and yes, even ones regarding Iraq. The major mistake was disbanding the Iraqi Army so quickly.

And you are right that special forces and intel are huge in this war. But how do you know they aren&#39;t being used, because they aren&#39;t yelling out at you from cnn.com? Also, again, you should remember which party systematically voted to weaken our military and intelligence communities in the decades prior to 9-11 and this war on terror, you know, those same things that you feel are VITAL to our success? You plan on voting for a man (Kerry) who voted dozens of times to weaken substantially the very things you think can best protect you and your family. Think about that for a while and then lecture me about "fantasy." You also whine about spending, yet think words like &#39;intel&#39; and "special ops" are funded in a vaccuum. You can&#39;t have your cake and eat it to. You disparage US for not admitting mistakes, yet you bend over backwards to blame Bush for everything...even for AQ having WMDs&#33; Why wouldn&#39;t Saddam seel WMDs to terrorists prior to invasion in 2003? "At least we knew where they were..." as if he had no motive to distribute them secretly beforehand...that is a joke. We don&#39;t know where they were, because our intel is poor (why, again?) and all we know is that Saddam had the ability to send out his WMD for years and years and that now, he doens&#39;t. Even if he distributed his WMD, he is still gone and will not be doing so in the future. "WMD" is not some finite amount. He had the capability and intent to keep producing them. Stopping that spigot at ANY time is good and yes, it is lamentable that Bush and America waited so long prior to removing that louse, I advocated it in 1991 and have been consistent. All of the moronic "U.N.-Heads" delayed the recent invasion by alsmot a year and totally lost us the element of surprise. Going to the UN AT ALL was possibly the BIGGEST mistake Bush made int the Iraq War. I blame him 100% for it. He should have been smart enough to ignore the chattering "international law" classes whose standards seem never to apply to themselves or Saddam, but only Uncle Sam&#39;s. Now, when we may have a strong indication that Saddam provided WMDs to AQ, you decide to blame Bush&#33; It&#39;s ASININE&#33; If Bush had acted against AQ prior to 9-11, then 9-11 still happened, you;d be lecturing me to this very day that Bush&#39;s aggression towards AQ "caused" 9-11 to happen, so spare me.

Bush didn&#39;t create the threat of WMDs, Bit. They existed prior to his becoming President. The US government proper needed to re-think it&#39;s entire strategy for dealing with terrorism, and Bush has made a huge effort towards that end. I don&#39;t mind if you don&#39;t like the Iraq invasion, but spare me whining about the Afghan War or his spending on military needs.

If people like YOU didn&#39;t blame him for everything (you even blamed him for the weather once&#33;) you&#39;d have more credibility when you ask US to stop praising him for everything.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Also, again, you should remember which party systematically voted to weaken our military and intelligence communities in the decades prior to 9-11 and this war on terror, you know, those same things that you feel are VITAL to our success?[/b][/quote]

Yes because speing billions more on the military would have prevented 9/11. If we only had a missle defense system and mini-nukes this tradgedy could have been avoided. Its all the damn liberals who feel that there is no need for a massive standing army in an era where wars are fought with laser guided missles.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Section109Row15[/i]@Apr 20 2004, 01:52 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Also, again, you should remember which party systematically voted to weaken our military and intelligence communities in the decades prior to 9-11 and this war on terror, you know, those same things that you feel are VITAL to our success?[/b][/quote]

Yes because speing billions more on the military would have prevented 9/11. If we only had a missle defense system and mini-nukes this tradgedy could have been avoided. Its all the damn liberals who feel that there is no need for a massive standing army in an era where wars are fought with laser guided missles. [/b][/quote]
    Section - the only problem in the entire world that you DON&#39;T advocate throwing money at is national security? That&#39;s interesting....

I also never said that 9-11 could have been prevented. Wars are fought with laser-guided missiles, we don&#39;t need a large army? Aren&#39;t the libs the same ones saying that we need MORE tropps on the ground to fight the guerilla-style war in Iraq?

Tell my cousin in Najaf that wars are fought with laser-guided missiles...he didn&#39;t get that memo and is busy trying to defend your right to live in comfort and spew your absurdly uninformed opinions with impunity, even though you 1) don&#39;t even feel any gratitude for his service and 1) want him to die so that Joh Kerry can get elected.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Tell my cousin in Najaf that wars are fought with laser-guided missiles...he didn&#39;t get that memo and is busy trying to defend your right to live in comfort and spew your absurdly uninformed opinions with impunity, even though you 1) don&#39;t even feel any gratitude for his service and 1) want him to die so that Joh Kerry can get elected. [/b][/quote]

5ever you have become a caricature of yourself. Your cousin in Najaff is fighting for our right to fill up at the tank... is that what you mean by live in comfort? He&#39;s not a hero he&#39;s a victim of Bush&#39;s investment planning

its not like American freedom would cease to exist if we pulled all the troops out of the middle east

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@Apr 20 2004, 03:17 PM
    [b] Your cousin in Najaff is fighting for our right to fill up at the tank... is that what you mean by live in comfort? [/b][/quote]
    Because the price of oil has fallen since we invaded Iraq?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] [quote][b]Also, again, you should remember which party systematically voted to weaken our military and intelligence communities in the decades prior to 9-11 and this war on terror, you know, those same things that you feel are VITAL to our success?[/b][/quote]

Yes because speing billions more on the military would have prevented 9/11. If we only had a missle defense system and mini-nukes this tradgedy could have been avoided. Its all the damn liberals who feel that there is no need for a massive standing army in an era where wars are fought with laser guided missles. [/b][/quote]
    In the mid 90&#39;s Jon Kerry proposed a bill in the senate aptly named the Kerry Bill which proposed cutting the CIA&#39;s budget in half over the following few years. Not even Kennedy supported the idea. Kerry is weak on security and defense. It scares me to think that he could actually win. Hanoi John as the commander in chief. Unbelieveable&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] [quote][b]Tell my cousin in Najaf that wars are fought with laser-guided missiles...he didn&#39;t get that memo and is busy trying to defend your right to live in comfort and spew your absurdly uninformed opinions with impunity, even though you 1) don&#39;t even feel any gratitude for his service and 1) want him to die so that Joh Kerry can get elected. [/b][/quote]

5ever you have become a caricature of yourself. Your cousin in Najaff is fighting for our right to fill up at the tank... is that what you mean by live in comfort? He&#39;s not a hero he&#39;s a victim of Bush&#39;s investment planning

its not like American freedom would cease to exist if we pulled all the troops out of the middle east [/b][/quote]
    Bitonti - I am becoming a caricature? You obviously have no sense of gratitude for the relative comfort and leisure that you enjoy on a daily basis...you&#39;ve always had it and did nothing to earn it so you assume that it will always be there and isn&#39;t the product of centuries of vigilence, coupoed with the bravery of our troops. Do you have any idea how lucky you are to be able to spout off on a message board all day? How do you think American freedom came about, through dialogue?&#33; Why do you think most of Europe is free today?

Please don&#39;t lecture me about what my cousin is or isn&#39;t. You have no clue what you are talking about and obviously don&#39;t understand or appreciate his efforts. Your "witty" little one-liners are tiresome when matters turn serious. You know damn well I wans&#39;t implying that American freedom would "cease to exist" with this war...you know it and delibrately misconstrue my point to make some half-assed "statement."

What is so horrible about your life? Seriously. What is so glaringly wrong with this culture and thid country? You sit around and watch Jets games and play Madden and smoke joints and chat on a message board all day. You have tons of high quality products available to you at relatively low prices. You are able to have a say in how your government is run. You are not persecuted for who you are. Yet, you turn around and rip on the worker-bees like my cousin who help prop up the system of which you benefit without contributing to, for what? Because you dislike the current administration or some such nonsense about this particular war? For a "big picture" guy, you can become selectively narrow-minded when it suits you. Yeah, people like you and Section who sit around and flap your gums are the real heroes, people like my cousin aren&#39;t. The sad thing is, you don&#39;t even have to do anything to be respectable, all you have to do is at least acknowledge that our soldiers are protecting us. You won&#39;t even do that, however. And SPARE me your "I care more about the troops than even you do, that&#39;s why I want them to come home" garbage. If you cared about them at all, you&#39;d be appalled at the statements of Kerry, Kennedy et al who undermine our efforts and embolden our enemines even while there is fighting going on. People like YOU are causing more troops to die by your senseless whining, couched as "concen." It makes me want to vomit. I liked it better when you guys were at least honest enough to spit on soldiers and call them baby-killers...at least what was sincere. This ostensible "concern" is insulting.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b] [quote][b]Tell my cousin in Najaf that wars are fought with laser-guided missiles...he didn&#39;t get that memo and is busy trying to defend your right to live in comfort and spew your absurdly uninformed opinions with impunity, even though you 1) don&#39;t even feel any gratitude for his service and 1) want him to die so that Joh Kerry can get elected. [/b][/quote]

its not like American freedom would cease to exist if we pulled all the troops out of the middle east [/b][/quote]
    Bit, Its amazing how a person so opinionated could be so uninformed at the same time. If you truly believe the crap about Bush going to war for personal gain then its not even worth arguing back with you. Right or wrong Bush is a man of character and principles. The radical left wing conspiracy theories you spew are not worthy of anyones time.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by chiefst2000+Apr 20 2004, 03:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (chiefst2000 @ Apr 20 2004, 03:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--bitonti[/i]@Apr 20 2004, 03:17 PM

Bit, Its amazing how a person so opinionated could be so uninformed at the same time. If you truly believe the crap about Bush going to war for personal gain then its not even worth arguing back with you. Right or wrong Bush is a man of character and principles. The radical left wing conspiracy theories you spew are not worthy of anyones time. [/b][/quote]
    Guys lets relax a bit here. Bitonti is one of the intelligent posters out there..he doesnt use personal attacks to make his point...you wont find the word fag or shi%head in any of his posts.

I am a moderate. However, I am Angry...Angry because I feel badly for those troops who were set to come home and now have to stay an extra 3 months because Rumsfeld did not want too many troops in Iraq in the beginning. The General in Iraq has been asking for FRESH troops to be sent but instead he gets recycled low morale troops.

Can you imagine...you manage to survive in Iraq for 1 year and suddenly some bureaucrat says you have to stay an additional 3 months......how f&#39;ed up is that? They did their time and now....they have to roll the dice again. That is not fair at all.

This whole Iraq thing...I dont like it. I support the troops and I hope there are no more casualties....but really...what was our business there? If it was Saddam....well his sons are dead (good riddance) and he is in custody. If it was taking his gov&#39;t down...then that is done. Now, I know in my heart that when we turn the reins over on June 30 (way too soon)...there will be a spate of assasinations of the Iraqi council. There will be a spate of bombings. I don&#39;t think that this was all foreseen. I think that this was badly planned. Fallujah may have spread....Also, I hate that damn Al -Jeezrah that quickly puts up videos of kidnap victims. That only enboldens these people to continue these acts.

I would say..to hell with Iraq....pull out and let them kill each other. And, if they become a Fundamentalist country...well...then it will become Mini Iran....as the ****es will join there brethren. This is just a bad situation. These people are un-accustomed to democracy...look at the streets in Baghdad as the women slowly start wearing burkas....

This will become another Taliban type society I think. Lets get out of there. get our boys and gals home safe asap.

Halliburton, something is not Kosher with them and Cheney....they got this through a no bid system...I guess its good to know someone in the gov&#39;t.

GWB, well, I am starting to not like him but John Kerry...ugh...he has the charisma of a polish butcher...he looks weird and sounds weird.

Guys, I just want our boys safe and sound...bottom line.

Lets get out of Iraq as quickly as we can.

LL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer[/i]@Apr 20 2004, 04:11 PM
    [b] I am a moderate. However, I am Angry...Angry because I feel badly for those troops who were set to come home and now have to stay an extra 3 months because Rumsfeld did not want too many troops in Iraq in the beginning. The General in Iraq has been asking for FRESH troops to be sent but instead he gets recycled low morale troops.

Can you imagine...you manage to survive in Iraq for 1 year and suddenly some bureaucrat says you have to stay an additional 3 months......how f&#39;ed up is that? They did their time and now....they have to roll the dice again. That is not fair at all.

This whole Iraq thing...I dont like it. I support the troops and I hope there are no more casualties....but really...what was our business there? If it was Saddam....well his sons are dead (good riddance) and he is in custody. If it was taking his gov&#39;t down...then that is done. Now, I know in my heart that when we turn the reins over on June 30 (way too soon)...there will be a spate of assasinations of the Iraqi council. There will be a spate of bombings. I don&#39;t think that this was all foreseen. I think that this was badly planned. Fallujah may have spread....Also, I hate that damn Al -Jeezrah that quickly puts up videos of kidnap victims. That only enboldens these people to continue these acts.

I would say..to hell with Iraq....pull out and let them kill each other. And, if they become a Fundamentalist country...well...then it will become Mini Iran....as the ****es will join there brethren. This is just a bad situation. These people are un-accustomed to democracy...look at the streets in Baghdad as the women slowly start wearing burkas....

This will become another Taliban type society I think. Lets get out of there. get our boys and gals home safe asap.

Halliburton, something is not Kosher with them and Cheney....they got this through a no bid system...I guess its good to know someone in the gov&#39;t.

GWB, well, I am starting to not like him but John Kerry...ugh...he has the charisma of a polish butcher...he looks weird and sounds weird.

Guys, I just want our boys safe and sound...bottom line.

Lets get out of Iraq as quickly as we can.

LL [/b][/quote]
    Latin, King of Queens is a great show.

The problem with sending fresh troops is that they are also inexperienced with the people, the landscape, the tactics of the enemy, etc.

It&#39;s true, it&#39;s not fair, but it&#39;s also not fair to send in fresh, unprepared men and women into harms way. Rotation can&#39;t happen overnight.

No one can tell me that if we left Iraq to fester for 5 more years, that thugs like these would calm down and go away or that AQ would stay out when their hole in Afghanistan closed up.

Five years would give them five more years to prepare for the next event in America. This had to happen now, not down the road.

I know, right now, there is no proof tying Saddam to 9-11. But if you ask me, the tactics of these insurgents seem alot like the recent terrorists events we&#39;ve seen. And a leopard doen&#39;t change it&#39;s spots -- WMDs or proof of will come to light. And I just get a gut feeling Saddam is somehow linked to 9-11.

From reading your posts, I sincerely believe you are moderate and a fair debater. Do some research into Haliburton and see what they do. Then see if they have any domestic competition. See if Haliburton has any American competition. That may answer why they got a no-bid contract, regardless of government ties.

You may not like all of GWBs issues, but I guarantee out of the two, you could not vote for Mr. "I Actually Voted For It, Before I Voted Against It" in good conscience.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamie Gorelick... Janet Reno...