Thread: Congrats Flyers

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Now go and get some silver.

The best part about this game was that commercial with Christy Yamaguchi. Who wants gold, baby?

The Broad Street Bullies were able to camp out with Stevens and even Dano absent. I'm VERY surprised at our GM, who pulled a "Terry" and sent a pick for a guy we didn't even use(Kozlov). It wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't left us with the Albany River Rats to play defense. Lou's gotta make amends, but I fully expect him to do so. Wish I could say that about TB. We'll be back.

Like this guy, I'm done with hockey, but just for luck, I leave you with...

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Apr 17 2004, 09:45 PM

The best part about this game was that commercial with Christy Yamaguchi. Who wants gold, baby?

The Broad Street Bullies were able to camp out with Stevens and even Dano absent. I'm VERY surprised at our GM, who pulled a "Terry" and sent a pick for a guy we didn't even use(Kozlov). It wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't left us with the Albany River Rats to play defense. Lou's gotta make amends, but I fully expect him to do so. Wish I could say that about TB. We'll be back.

Like this guy, I'm done with hockey, but just for luck, I leave you with...
    SOUR GRAPES!!!!!

Can't wait til the press conference at noon with the "big announcement". Looks like Burns is out...wonder what's going on in Swampland?

T-Mac...lay off Terry, will ya? My Robert looked good yesterday. He gave up lots of rebounds but there wasn't anyone there except Orange & Black jerseys. I'm still concerned about our defensemen.

All League
    GGG
    Congrats to the Flyers-Esche proved his worth against the Devils-he actually outplayed Brodeur in this series.
    Without Stevens in retrospect the Devils are not near the same team . The Flyers bigger forwards were allowed too outmuscle the Devils defense in front and the corners.

Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Apr 18 2004, 09:35 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Apr 18 2004, 09:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JumbalayaJet@Apr 17 2004, 09:45 PM

The Broad Street Bullies were able to camp out with Stevens and even Dano absent. I&#39;m VERY surprised at our GM, who pulled a "Terry" and sent a pick for a guy we didn&#39;t even use(Kozlov). It wouldn&#39;t be so bad if he hadn&#39;t left us with the Albany River Rats to play defense. Lou&#39;s gotta make amends, but I fully expect him to do so. Wish I could say that about TB. We&#39;ll be back.

Like this guy, I&#39;m done with hockey, but just for luck, I leave you with...
    SOUR GRAPES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Can&#39;t wait til the press conference at noon with the "big announcement". Looks like Burns is out...wonder what&#39;s going on in Swampland?

T-Mac...lay off Terry, will ya? My Robert looked good yesterday. He gave up lots of rebounds but there wasn&#39;t anyone there except Orange & Black jerseys. I&#39;m still concerned about our defensemen. [/b][/quote]
    Best wishes to Pat Burns, he&#39;s gonna need it. How does the media not notice/report that he missed a couple of morning skates?

Still, the Flyers were going to win this one without question. No Stevens=no chance. They look poissed to get to the final if their goaltending holds up. Anyone watch Calgary-Vancouver on ESPN last night? Now THAT&#39;S hockey&#33; Holy crap&#33; :blink:

All League
    Burns has colon cancer, for those that didnt know what CJ was referring to.

As far as the media "missing" his absence, not true. One day last week NJ Star Ledger had tidbit about, and speculation as to reason, which was WAY off, centering around meeting with Stevens/gauging his "returnability" etc..