Thread: Comments on Nets/Knicks

I went on Sat..not sure what was worse..the Knicks performance or the fact that the Nets could not sell out the game and pumped in crowd noise the majority of the game. The Knicks may suck but at least MSG gives a real NBA experience.

Losing sucks, but losing to a team comprised of a bunch of dicks really pinches my ass. You couldnt make two bigger dicks than kenyon martin and richard jefferson if you tried to. For two guys who never won anything in their careers they sure have a lot of showboating and mocking to do after EVERY basket they score. Funny, how I dont recall Martin doing any of that last year in the Finals when Duncan was abusing his poor soul. Martin was sulking like a little school girl.

I wish we had the 92 Knick team. Martin and Jefferson would have been searching the floor for their teeth tonight. What jerks. You'd think after the success they've had the past two years they'd learn how to win with some class but then again, Kenyon Martin is the same punk who made fun of his teammate's life threatening kidney illness.. No class over there whatsoever.

After they eliminate us ill be rooting for them to make it to the Finals because Im going to take joy in watching them become the Buffalo Bills of the NBA.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

There's NO argument that MSG is a better arena, but what's with this "real NBA experience?" Where are the elephants? Bring in the clowns! It's circus time. The last time the Knicks had a shot at being the Real Deal, I was too young to go. My pop did get me over there a couple yrs later, but the glory had faded. BTW, the Knicks do that same noise meter stuff. I can't really blame people who were no-shows on saturday, or didn't even buy a ticket for yesterday. I know I wasn't gonna spend money for something that's a forgone conclusion.

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Apr 20 2004, 11:24 PM
    There's NO argument that MSG is a better arena, but what's with this "real NBA experience?" Where are the elephants? Bring in the clowns! It's circus time. The last time the Knicks had a shot at being the Real Deal, I was too young to go. My pop did get me over there a couple yrs later, but the glory had faded. BTW, the Knicks do that same noise meter stuff. I can't really blame people who were no-shows on saturday, or didn't even buy a ticket for yesterday. I know I wasn't gonna spend money for something that's a forgone conclusion.
    You guys don't sell out for the later rounds either. The finals, yes you do. Although, 2 years ago, I was able to cop a pair of seats on the day of a game, which should never happen for any playoff series, except the Expos.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I couldn't buy tix to these games online last wednesday. Saturday WAS sold out, despite the no-shows, and I guess there must've been seats added for yesterday. Just as well because I wasn't buying a seat up in the corner anyway. That'll be the case even in the later rounds. I'll enjoy it more in front of the TV being served by my favorite barmaid.

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@Apr 21 2004, 05:34 PM
    I'll enjoy it more in front of the TV being served by my favorite barmaid.
    Can't every argue with this logic......