Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watch out, Maple Leafs!

All League
    The Flyers can always bring out their secret weapon -the Kate Smith recording of God Bless America. I wonder if that is available on DVD?

Originally posted by faba@Apr 23 2004, 01:50 PM
    The Flyers can always bring out their secret weapon -the Kate Smith recording of God Bless America. I wonder if that is available on DVD?
    I say we dig her up. We need all the help we can get. Gene Hart's daughter just ain't the same.

GGG agreed--I kinda wish both teams were 100%. That way it gets left on the ice...as it should be. Ever play hockey GGG...ya bruiser?

All League
    GGG
    Your Flyers are impressing me - Malakhov did not play this way for the Rangers-what happened?
    They are really dominating the physical battles in the corners and in front. Esche continues to play better than the belfour.

Uh-oh... :blink:

Like I said, Flyers going hard at Belfour and now he's whining in the Toronto papers. 2-0 doesn't look good for the Leafs. They'll win game three and Nolan is expected back for game four which WILL be THE pivotal game in this series. Leafs outplayed them last night. Esche is solid. B)

Originally posted by CanadaJet@Apr 26 2004, 11:00 AM
    Uh-oh... :blink:

Like I said, Flyers going hard at Belfour and now he's whining in the Toronto papers. 2-0 doesn't look good for the Leafs. They'll win game three and Nolan is expected back for game four which WILL be THE pivotal game in this series. Leafs outplayed them last night. Esche is solid. B)
    Belfour plays with too much emotion. Esche is outplaying him hands down! I hope Robert stays hot--he had some big saves last night. I was holding my breath.

CJ: no, never played hockey, smart a*s. I'm too pretty and can't afford to lose my teeth before my 80th birthday next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Eshkie!

All League
    Brashear and Tomi with goals, who'd a thought...

Hall Of Fame
    GGG I heard the Flyers were being contracted next season due to a lack of interest in Philly.

Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria@Apr 26 2004, 02:44 PM
    GGG I heard the Flyers were being contracted next season due to a lack of interest in Philly.
    I'd much rather talk about the game LAST NIGHT. Wings are in Trouble.

All League
    This is going to be a long series probably 7 games-Leafs came to play last night-I see this tied at 2 games each going back to Philly-sorry GGG.

-

All League
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 29 2004, 08:44 AM
    This is going to be a long series probably 7 games-Leafs came to play last night-I see this tied at 2 games each going back to Philly-sorry GGG.

-
    Flyers were due for a klunker, but TOR did look much faster out there last nite.

I saw where Hitch was complaining about the schedule of games, as was I when I saw all the 2 days off between games, but it seems the sched was necessary because of events at PHI where the arena was in use for other venues already, does anybody know if that the case?

If so, its as if PHI shot themselves in the foot, they had a tired and spent TOR team coming in, while PHI was rested and rejuvenated, and gave them off so many days to get themselves back in business.

The program director at Wachovia might swing for this if the Flyers wind up losing..

Last saturday night was like a heroin addict going through withdrawal. No Hockey Night in Canada on saturday night is like taking the NFL away for a sunday. All because an Arena Football game in Wachovia. <_<

All League
    Yeah but that Arena football team is owned by Bon Jovi-influence counts

Flyers were baaaad last night. Looks like it&#39;s gonna be a long series.

my Bro attended game 2, it was awsome&#33; however the Flyers lost game 3, I&#39;m basically a Caps fan but I want the Flyers to win the east, hey Gang Green Girl a Flyers/Jets fan that&#39;s a curious combination ;-)

Originally posted by The Spirit of DG@Apr 29 2004, 11:12 PM
    my Bro attended game 2, it was awsome&#33; however the Flyers lost game 3, I&#39;m basically a Caps fan but I want the Flyers to win the east, hey Gang Green Girl a Flyers/Jets fan that&#39;s a curious combination ;-)
    Jets/Flyboys...yes, a strange combo. As a kid growing up on LI, I had season tickets to the Isles. One look at Bobby Clarke...no teeth and curly locks, it was all over for me. He&#39;s so dreamy. Now, I just got a think for GMs. Terry Bradway is my guy&#33;&#33;

Flyers in six&#33;&#33;&#33;

Originally posted by The Gun Of Bavaria+Apr 21 2004, 01:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Gun Of Bavaria @ Apr 21 2004, 01:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--BucJeff@Apr 21 2004, 02:43 PM
    It&#39;s my hope that the Leafs and Flyers beat the crap out of each other for 7 games and the Canadians fight like Frenchmen. :lol:
    That&#39;d be a quick sweep for the Lightning. [/b][/quote]
    Sometimes wishes do come true.

Things just keep falling into place. Whoever comes out of this series may not have a whole lot left for the &#39;Ning.

i see the title of the thread.......and im thinking watch out flyers

All League
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Apr 30 2004, 11:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Apr 30 2004, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--The Spirit of DG@Apr 29 2004, 11:12 PM
    Jets/Flyboys...yes, a strange combo. As a kid growing up on LI, I had season tickets to the Isles. One look at Bobby Clarke...no teeth and curly locks, it was all over for me. He&#39;s so dreamy. Now, I just got a think for GMs. Terry Bradway is my guy&#33;&#33;

Flyers in six&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Remember the famous vid clip of Clarke taking the slap shot to the head and just shaking it off and remaining in the game as blood streamed down his face?

I heard Yzerman had a little different approach when he got hit the other nite.
    Something like flailing his stick and gloves off and flopping to the ice.