Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch out, Maple Leafs!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Go Flyers!!!

Sens put out a lame effort last night. Lalime was baaaaaaaad.

Guns: Wings/Leafs? You've got nerve, my friend!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    GGG - The ONE team Philly didn't want so soon in the playoffs was Toronto. They are evenly matched up front but Leetch and McCabe give them offense on the back end that might be hard for Philly to contend with.

Esche vs. Belfour, no contest.

One thing's for sure, the Flyers are going to at Belfour hard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We'll just have to unlease Brashear and let him at Domi.

Leafs are gonna be tough...tougher than the Sens would've been for us. Series could be long.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brash will barely see the ice. That liability is not an ingredient to thier march for Stanley. B)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's my hope that the Leafs and Flyers beat the crap out of each other for 7 games and the Canadians fight like Frenchmen. :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BucJeff@Apr 21 2004, 02:43 PM
    and the Canadians fight like Frenchmen. :lol:
    That'd be a quick sweep for the Lightning.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) -- Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Kim Johnsson will miss Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals series against Toronto because of a broken bone in his right hand.

GGG
    what is up with the Flyers -they have a run on broken bones this year. Johnsson I always liked with the Rangers-this is going to hurt your Flyers against Leafs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 22 2004, 02:03 PM
    VOORHEES, N.J. (AP) -- Philadelphia Flyers defenseman Kim Johnsson will miss Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals series against Toronto because of a broken bone in his right hand.

GGG
    what is up with the Flyers -they have a run on broken bones this year. Johnsson I always liked with the Rangers-this is going to hurt your Flyers against Leafs.
    We are frail. Guess we don't get enough calcium. Gotta get the boys to drink more milk. You ain't kidding....lots of broken bones. Desjardins is our biggest loss. :[img]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/html/emoticons/mad.gif' border='0' style='vertical-align:middle' alt='mad.gif'>

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    GGG
    Good luck with your Flyers tonight-we get to see if Esche is a one series wonder or a guy who can take you to the Cup in this series.
    I will want to see Domi and Brashear square off at center ice-I hope they knock each other out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hell, why not! Let Brashear and Domi kill each other. No loss on either side. THUGS.

Thank you for your good wishes. I, too, hope my Robert can stay tough. He let up a lot of rebounds against the Devs....they just weren't around to capitalize. We may not get so lucky.

I'm thinkin'....F'ers in six.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Flyers looked good last night-Belfour did not-
    The Leafs and Flyers could be two beside Detroit of the oldest teams in the league. That could be a problem though the grind and battles of a tough series for either one of these teams.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flyers in 5.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie is a hothead. Always has been. Esche is playing well...knock wood.

Go Flyers!! Keep it up, Boys!!! One down, three to go!!!

Whoa...can't believe the Wings lost in OT! After that ugly first period where the Flames had two shots, I thought it was gonna be a short series......

Brenjetsfan
    FLYIN HIGH??? GGG.....maybe because of this....

It's April, and for all of you avid hockey fans out there, you know that means it's NHL playoff time—crunch time for the best-of-the-best pro hockey teams and for all those who pull for them, including Philadelphia Flyers head coach and NutriSystem success story, Ken Hitchcock. Currently leading his Flyers in their quest for the Stanley Cup, Hitchcock is quick to point out that this year's challenge is nothing compared to his personal battle with weight....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He may be a fatty, but he's one helluva coach!!!!! Hey, Bren....too bad Slats doesn't need to shed some pounds....he's got enough spare time to be the NutriSystem spokesmodel.

My Flyers are taking home Lord Stanley!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Brenjetsfan@Apr 23 2004, 09:07 AM
    FLYIN HIGH??? GGG.....maybe because of this....

It's April, and for all of you avid hockey fans out there, you know that means it's NHL playoff time—crunch time for the best-of-the-best pro hockey teams and for all those who pull for them, including Philadelphia Flyers head coach and NutriSystem success story, Ken Hitchcock. Currently leading his Flyers in their quest for the Stanley Cup, Hitchcock is quick to point out that this year's challenge is nothing compared to his personal battle with weight....
    What are you, a nutrisystem spokeswoman?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    GGG
    Sather's career is definitely NOT a GM that is for sure!
    Maybe we can get him to the spokesman for Purina -with all the 'dogs' that he has brought in to the Rangers instead of good young players through the draft system.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by faba@Apr 23 2004, 09:11 AM
    GGG
    Sather's career is definitely NOT a GM that is for sure!
    Maybe we can get him to the spokesman for Purina -with all the 'dogs' that he has brought in to the Rangers instead of good young players through the draft system.
    faba: LOL!!! Love it!!

Or maybe he can do one of those upset stomach/antacid commercials. Their fans could use the help.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Steady GGG - No Nolan, no Sundin, and the Leafs still kept it close.
    Nik Antropov has to be the most overrated player in the history of hockey. What a p***y.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CanadaJet@Apr 23 2004, 12:53 PM
    Steady GGG - No Nolan, no Sundin, and the Leafs still kept it close.
    Nik Antropov has to be the most overrated player in the history of hockey. What a p***y.
    Go easy on me, CanadaJet. We're minus our key D (Kim Johnsson & Eric Desjardins).

Hey, I ain't stewpid....I don't want to see Sundin or Owen Nolan.