Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacitracin = Purple Heart??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, Kerry had bacitracin applied to a contusion (i.e. scrape) in his arm and then was returned to active duty. Then, he had bacitracin applied to his a$$ and then used that Purple Heart loophole to go home early and then started calling his fellow soldiers baby-killers, undermining their efforts while THEY still faced hostile fire and HE was safe at home.

What a "war hero."

Then, in 1996 when Bob Dole, who actually did get injured in combat, had the temerity to mention it in contrast to his draft-dodging opponent, Kerry says, "Vietnam was a long time ago, it has no relevance to this election."

At least he gives a ton of money to charity. Oh, wait, he has given $0 to charity on many occasions during the past ten years and he votes for things while voting against them better than anyone.

Yeah - I'll be voting for this joker. No wonder my father thought he was a joke back in Nam.

Funny commentary:

[url=http://www.nationalreview.com/goldberg/goldberg200404210839.asp]http://www.nationalreview.com/goldberg/gol...00404210839.asp[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the problem with awarding the Purple Heart...there is no distinction between WIA and KIA...although I wouldn't vote for Kerry in a NY minute, don't blame him, he just used the guidelines setup by the government to get his PH's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see you get shrapnel in your ass and claim it is no big deal. It would destroy your sex life.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey jerkoff, I have shrapnel in my shoulder and knee and live with pain every day...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][b]Hey jerkoff, I have shrapnel in my shoulder and knee and live with pain every day...
    [/b][/quote]

I was talking to 5ever, not you ;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Section -

I respect Kerry's service. I truly do. And yes, his record of service is far superior to Dubya's. However, as the son of a Vet who served with and knew Kerry, I find his superficial wounds to be less than spectacular. The guy got bacitracin applied on a scratch and now snowboards, etc. He's not living with pain or anything else these days. He is hardly an "injured" veteran, and since I know many veterans who still live to this day with real injuries, I find the trumpeting of his Purple Hearts to be insincere, even though he was technically injured in combat.

It wouldn't even be a big deal at all had Kerry's camp not demanded to know all about Bush's dental records from 35 years ago.

Also - Kerry called my father a rapist and a baby-killer while my father was still in country! He publicly made such statements to the Senate in 1971, undermining the efforts of his bretheren, all for the sake of his political aspirations. That, to me, is [b]apalling[/b] and made WORSE by the factt that Kerry now runs on his military record, etc. Also - the guy does not give money to charity and is a male gold-digging, ambitious weathervane with no true convictions other than ambition....his character is AWFUL. My dad said so as soon as he was Dukakis' Lt. Governor candidate. I've known about John Kerry's true character for longer than you've been using a toilet.

I don't care if you understand or agree with me, it's how I feel.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Kinda reminds you of the M*A*S*H episode where Frank Burns wants to apply for a Purple Heart for suffering "shell fragments in the eye", when the shell fragments came from an egg at breakfast.

Sad when life immitates TV. Or maybe the writr was with Kerry in Vietnam! :lol:

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Hermanator[/i]@Apr 21 2004, 11:09 AM
    [b] Hey jerkoff, I have shrapnel in my shoulder and knee and live with pain every day... [/b][/quote]
    Hermanator...

Thank you for your service to this great country of ours. I appreciate everything that you have sacrificed for me.

God Bless America.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/uc/20040423/stt040422.gif[/img]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [img]http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/040426/lane.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.georgewbush.com/images/BC04/headers/1bck.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    IDENTITY CRISIS

It seems a day does not go by that newspapers don't report on the growing doubts outside of the campaign about the candidacy of presumptive Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry. But now there appears to be growing doubt inside the Kerry camp.

First, there is word that his campaign plans to spend millions in media buys in supposedly safe states such as California, New York, and Massachusetts. "This early in the campaign, that just doesn't make sense unless there is some insecurity in his standing there," says a Democratic political consultant who is not working for Kerry. "It's one thing to spend a little on image or message reinforcement, but some of the dollar amounts I've heard being budgeted in New York and elsewhere would indicate that the campaign thinks it has to do more than that."

The Kerry camp is currently spending about $30 million in 20 states. Those ads are intended to "introduce" Kerry to voters in states that are up for grabs. The campaign, according to sources, intends to spend another $10 million to $15 million in other states once thought to be already in the Kerry side of the electoral ledger.

Then there is growing rift between Kerry and his policy and senior strategists. On at least two occasions in the past month, reporters have asked the candidate to defend remarks made on the stump, including positions and plans on the Israeli-Palestinian negotiations and corporate outsourcing. In each instance, Kerry defended his position by first trying to clarify it, then by running away from it by blaming his speechwriters.

Kerry claimed that his speechwriters snuck in references to "Benedict Arnold" corporate citizens when he had insisted that they not do it. Likewise, he claimed speechwriters, against his orders, placed references into a major policy speech on the Middle East about his desire to bring serious Middle East hands to the negotiating table. He mentioned by name former president Jimmy Carter and former secretary of state James Baker. Then he laid out why they would be strong additions.

Never mind that it is generally assumed that Kerry reads the material he utters before he takes a podium. And never mind that it is generally assumed that most of Kerry's utterances are at least vetted if not written by senior strategist Bob Shrum. "The staff has become a convenient excuse for him on the record with reporters, kind of like his escape hatch," says a campaign worker in Washington, D.C. "Perhaps Senator Kerry doesn't think it gets noticed much, but it does. A lot of us aren't here out of loyalty to him. We're here out of loyalty to the Democratic Party. He shouldn't confuse the two."

The last person Kerry should be dumping on is Shrum. The man who engineered Al Gore's political message in 2000 has already positioned himself as the sole message maker and monitor for the Kerry campaign, having cashiered many of the other message folks that had surrounded the candidate early in the campaign.

"I'm sure Shrum doesn't mind taking a hit for his guy," says the political consultant. "But it has to be driving him nuts that his guy can't even take a position on rhetoric like the Benedict Arnold line of attack. It's not even a policy point."

BUTTONS FOR BARBRA
    Barbra Streisand has made up so much money and is so revered in Hollywood that she can pick and choose, and pick and choose again, whatever project to which she wishes to associate her vaunted, if grandly over-rated, reputation.

So while she waits for that "perfect" project, she spends her free time blogging about the evil of Republicans in general and President George W. Bush in particular, and fundraising for Democrats.

Sure, every once in a while she'll sing a song or act a bit on screen, but even that has the tinge of politics.

Soon, she will perform for like-minded folk interested in giving wads of cash to presumptive Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry. But before she does that, she is filming her first celluloid appearance in what seems like decades: playing the mother of the Ben Stiller character in the sequel to the successful Meet the Parents film.

Streisand is joined in the film by Academy Award-winning actors Dustin Hoffman, who plays her husband, and Robert De Niro, who reprises his role as the nutty CIA operative/father-in-law.

What does politics have to do with the film? Not much except that this dream cast was almost broken up before it could perform by the 2004 presidential election. Seems Hoffman was in the habit of needling Streisand at every turn, but went too far when he distributed about 25 "Bush/Cheney 2004" buttons to the camera crew and production team on the movie set. Streisand, upon seeing the buttons, flew into a rage and stormed off the set. Apparently only the entreaties of De Niro could get her to return to filming.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    When Bush graduated in 1968, he faced the prospect of being sent to Vietnam, but avoided combat by joining the National Guard. At the time, the Guard had 100,000 applicants on its waiting list.19.5 But Bush was sworn in as a member of the 147th unit of the Texas Air National Guard the same day he applied. Ben Barnes, who was then the Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, recently said under oath that he secured a spot in the guard for the young Bush at the urging of Sid Adger, a Houston businessman and close friend of Bush's father, then a U.S. Representative from Houston

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 19 2004, 09:39 AM
    [b] When Bush graduated in 1968, he faced the prospect of being sent to Vietnam, but avoided combat by joining the National Guard. At the time, the Guard had 100,000 applicants on its waiting list.19.5 But Bush was sworn in as a member of the 147th unit of the Texas Air National Guard the same day he applied. Ben Barnes, who was then the Speaker of the Texas House of Representatives, recently said under oath that he secured a spot in the guard for the young Bush at the urging of Sid Adger, a Houston businessman and close friend of Bush's father, then a U.S. Representative from Houston [/b][/quote]
    In 1968, draft dodger Bill Clinton was in the Soviet Union, of all places. But, as per John Kerry and others of his ilk, one's armed service status during the Viet Nam war "should not be an issue in our elections."

All of a sudden it is.

Face it, Kerry is a mistake. Shoulda went with Dean.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    should of went with edwards...Clinton has nothing to do with this election!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bman[/i]@May 19 2004, 10:03 AM
    [b] should of went with edwards...Clinton has nothing to do with this election! [/b][/quote]
    Edwards has Charisma ,he would have been a Great choice
    for the Dems I agree!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    edwards could have really made some noise and he picked a great vp candidate I think the dems would win...unfortunately, too many people dislike Kerry..terrible choice..Unless he pulls a magical VP out of the hat (Like Mccain) he's probably history..
    because fear will drive the election..Bush has done nothing to warrant himself another four years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [b]Kerry was on a gunboat in the Mekong delta while Bush was AWOL from Air National Guard duty

Kerry might not be a war hero but Bush is a war ZERO!
    [/b]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    5ever since when do you care about VETS?

Bush has done more to screw the veteran than any President, ever!

he's cut their benefits several times!

but all of a sudden you care about the really injured VETS

in the first Gulf War, 35% of those returned had Gulf War Syndrome... if the same numbers hold steady (since we haven't found out what causes it) we will have 35% of 150,000 men and women with gulf war syndrome... not to mention thousands and thousands with "life-changing" injuries plus the 700+ dead

but oh yeah i forget you care about the VETS

if you cared about VETS or the TROOPS you wouldn't support the war and that goes for all of you guys.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by bitonti[/i]@May 19 2004, 11:14 AM
    [b] 5ever since when do you care about VETS?

Bush has done more to screw the veteran than any President, ever!

he's cut their benefits several times!

but all of a sudden you care about the really injured VETS

in the first Gulf War, 35% of those returned had Gulf War Syndrome... if the same numbers hold steady (since we haven't found out what causes it) we will have 35% of 150,000 men and women with gulf war syndrome... not to mention thousands and thousands with "life-changing" injuries plus the 700+ dead

but oh yeah i forget you care about the VETS

if you cared about VETS or the TROOPS you wouldn't support the war and that goes for all of you guys. [/b][/quote]
    Bitonti -

PLEASE don't lecture me about this. You're flatly wrong about him cutting their benefits and I give a substantial amount of my income and time to military charities and have more veterans in my family than I can count, including two cousins who are presently in Iraq. You're also wrong about 35% having Gulf War syndrome. It is one of the many myths that you parrot on this board.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey i got a question

[b]who shed more Blood in Vietnam, Bush or Kerry?[/b]