Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: NJ Devils

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    NAKED TRUTH

THE New Jersey Devils celebrated the end of their season by invading Flashdancers strip club, loading up on lap dances and guzzling gallons of booze. Martin Brodeur, Colin White, Scott Gomez and John "Mad Dog" Madden were among the 22-man posse on Monday night, but not every sexy staffer was happy with the players' behavior. "They were tipping the naked strippers really well, but they weren't tipping the waitresses because they had clothes on," says our spy. The Devils later dined at Sparks Steak House and finished their night by partying at China Club into the wee hours.

Hey T-Mac....the season may be over for your guys, but at least they're scoring somewhere. :lol:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hockey players. Funny bunch they are. Legendary partyers who KNOW how to have fun. If I were to compare hockey players with any other pro athlete in terms of lifestyle and what they're like in "the room" I'd have to say baseball players.

A lot of levity. Reminds me of a story about Bob Probert. When he was in Junior in Sault St. Marie he had quite a reputation as a party-animal and heavy boozer. Terry Crisp was their coach at the time and that year they were going to the Memorial Cup.

Well, so concerned was Crisp that Probie would miss the flight the next day that he called the team captain Derek King (Islanders) and told him to go find him and bring him to the rink. King knew school would be the last place he'd be at so the first spot he checked was the pool hall. Bingo!
    Early afternoon and Probie's got a glow on shootin' some stick. King tells him, "coach wants to see you" and off the went.

They get to the rink and march into Crisp's office and Crispie says, "Bobby, you can't miss that flight tomorrow." "I know coach", said Probert.

"Well, in case you don't know, you and Kinger are staying here tonight and we'll pick you up in the morning." Sure as s**t, Crisp orders a bunch of pizza and beer and locks them both in the dressing room overnight. And as promised, they picked them both up on the way to the airport the next day. Probert's happy as a clam. Free 'zza, beer, AND chauffeur.

King on the other hand was taking one for the team as captain. B)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    CJ: Funny story. Crispie should&#39;ve taken as much interest when he played for my Flyboys&#33; <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a blast. Wish I could have been there to party alongside them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guns, you&#39;ll appreciate the story about Shanny nailing Craig Janney&#39;s wife when they were in St. Louie. I can&#39;t remember all the details right now but needless to say Janney was never the same and they were both shipped out of St. Louis at roughly the same time.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CanadaJet@Apr 21 2004, 02:34 PM
    Guns, you&#39;ll appreciate the story about Shanny nailing Craig Janney&#39;s wife when they were in St. Louie. I can&#39;t remember all the details right now but needless to say Janney was never the same and they were both shipped out of St. Louis at roughly the same time.
    Great story on Probie. My uncle works the bridge in Soo, MI. Remembers seeing him from time to time.

As for Shanny, I didn&#39;t know about that incident. I wonder if she was good?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    CJ, according to Connecticut and Boston writers, Craig Janney was the most foul (in attitude) player they&#39;d ever met in hockey. Some would say Tommy Barrasso was a total a*shole to the media, but was a nice person to everyone else. Janney hated everyone.

Everyone that knows hockey, can figure out why I dislike Shanny. Just don&#39;t like him at all. He&#39;s a good player, but the Janney story pretty much sums up the truth: Not a good teammate, in a true sense. Just very, very selfish. He&#39;s lucky he&#39;s got talent around him.

By the way, when the Brendan played for the Whalers, his "dream women", he claimed, was Marissa Tomeii. I wonder if Janney&#39;s wife has that "Brooklyn" look <_<

By the way, I vaguely remember Janney was married to an attorney. When his career went the way of Jimmy " The Golden Greek" Carson at a fairly young age, Janney used tell CT reporters that his wife could support him financially

P.S:Shanahan and Janney seem to be a pair D***heads. They deserve each other :blink:

CJ, just tried to search the Net for Janney/ Shanney stories.......It&#39;s basically only on message boards, which doesn&#39;t suprise me. Considering the close bonding between NHL players and hockey beat writers, that snit will never get out&#33; Here&#39;s some more I saw while searching:

**CT&#39;s own Jeremy Roenick, was shipped out of Arizona, after he went "Shanny" on Mrs. Keith Tckuck (sp?)

**Wendell Clark was always rumored to be gay, despite the fact he&#39;s married? Never know that.

**After the Clark rumor, you can guess the Federov rumor&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Riggins: Got any more info. on the J.R./Keith T. story? That&#39;s a new one on me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got any more info. on the J.R./Keith T. story? That&#39;s a new one on me.
    Sorry, I&#39;ve got no info, but that may be a good thing--meaning it&#39;s not true.

When the Shannahan/Janney thing came up, I did a quick Net search--because I hate Shannahan so much (Whalers thing).

While looking up the Janney stuff, saw the Roenick/Keith T. thing come up on 2 message boards. Whoever wrote those, both agreed it was the reason both left Phoenix <_<

Truth is, it may or may not be true.

Honestly, I just threw it out there, but it might not have even be fair to post it.

The Shannahan thing is all over the Net., so it&#39;s probably true.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Riggins44@Apr 22 2004, 02:32 PM
    Sorry, I&#39;ve got no info, but that may be a good thing--meaning it&#39;s not true.

When the Shannahan/Janney thing came up, I did a quick Net search--because I hate Shannahan so much (Whalers thing).

While looking up the Janney stuff, saw the Roenick/Keith T. thing come up on 2 message boards. Whoever wrote those, both agreed it was the reason both left Phoenix <_<

Honestly, I just threw it out there, but it might not have even be fair to post it.

There was a weird story about a Flyer player (I cannot for the life of me remember his name) who was living with J.R. and his family....he was a convicted rapist. J.R. may want to choose his friends with a little more care.

Then there was the Brind&#39;Amour/Lindros story where Lindros scored with Brindy&#39;s wife.

Interesting, fun, smutty stories, YES...but who knows what&#39;s true and what&#39;s soap opera heaven.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Gang Green Girl+Apr 22 2004, 04:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gang Green Girl @ Apr 22 2004, 04:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Riggins44@Apr 22 2004, 02:32 PM

There was a weird story about a Flyer player (I cannot for the life of me remember his name) who was living with J.R. and his family....he was a convicted rapist. J.R. may want to choose his friends with a little more care.

Then there was the Brind&#39;Amour/Lindros story where Lindros scored with Brindy&#39;s wife.

Interesting, fun, smutty stories, YES...but who knows what&#39;s true and what&#39;s soap opera heaven. [/b][/quote]
    The convicted rapist thing was a guy who had consensual sex with a minor (who he claimed he didnt know was a minor), he also played with the Rangers for a minute.

The Lindros/B&#39;Mour story is also true (as in I heard the same thing), but to add a twist, when Tocchet came back to the Flyers, the first thing he did was fight 88 in the locker room, supposedly laying him out, and punching his ticket out of town