Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sooooooo, Does Sam Cowart get cut?

TomShane
    Does having Vilma in the fold now mean that Cowart is gone? Makes you think that Cowart might be a Ted Cottrell loyalist and has burned some bridges with Herman. As of right now there is absolutely no reason to have him on the roster.

June 1st comes, is he done?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet make sure Hobson Vilma and the rest have a good grasp of the D then cut him like after the Giants game

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unlikely Herm does not like to give starting spots to rookies. Robertson last year was an unusual situation.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    June 1st, 2005, yes, he's gone unless he can return to form this season. I don't see the Jets axing him this year. Vilma will start the season as a situational player and Cowart will be the starting middle linebacker.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    KKKKKKKKKKKKKTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the sound of the turk making his presence known to Cowart!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    We just paid the man a $1 million roster bonus

The man is our starting MLB...and will return to form this year!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by WestCoastMole[/i]@Apr 25 2004, 08:18 PM
    [b] Unlikely Herm does not like to give starting spots to rookies. Robertson last year was an unusual situation. [/b][/quote]
    He has a short history and started hid first round pick last year...How do you judge him????

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Cowart will remain with the team, but when they see he cant perform he'll be yanked.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Cowart might wind up back outside if Hobson's still not ready. Vilma dosen't necessarily [i]have[/i] to play the middle, either.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@Apr 25 2004, 08:21 PM
    [b] We just paid the man a $1 million roster bonus

The man is our starting MLB...and will return to form this year!! [/b][/quote]
    exactly!! if anything kick hobson or barton to the bench and swing vilma to the outside.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sandz+Apr 25 2004, 06:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (sandz @ Apr 25 2004, 06:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JonEJet[/i]@Apr 25 2004, 08:21 PM
    [b] We just paid the man a &#036;1 million roster bonus

The man is our starting MLB...and will return to form this year&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    exactly&#33;&#33; if anything kick hobson or barton to the bench and swing vilma to the outside. [/b][/quote]
    No way. Victor Hobson was a high draft pick last season that showed his awesome potential in his limited playing time. Hobson starts, if anyone gets ejected from the starting lineup, it&#39;s Cowart.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cowart is not going anywhere&#33; Some of you guys are just crazy.Vilma is a rookie. He&#39;s not an all-pro yet. I know you&#39;re excited , but slow down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry just dont see cowart sitting the bench

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by sandz+Apr 25 2004, 08:27 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (sandz @ Apr 25 2004, 08:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JonEJet[/i]@Apr 25 2004, 08:21 PM
    [b] We just paid the man a &#036;1 million roster bonus

The man is our starting MLB...and will return to form this year&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    exactly&#33;&#33; if anything kick hobson or barton to the bench and swing vilma to the outside. [/b][/quote]
    r u serious???

Vilma will see action immediately in the occasional 3-4 we will run and will be the dime backer for sure

believe this will light a fire under Cowart&#39;s ass???

I&#39;d like to see Cowart return to Buff/FSU type form but Vilma needs to get on the field

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think hobson and barton should definatly be starting over cowart...cowart is decent but barton is a very good linebacker already and hobson has the potential to be good too...both of them need to be on the field...i think the cowart/vilma situation will be much like lewis/hobson last year

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Chrisrud+Apr 25 2004, 08:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Chrisrud @ Apr 25 2004, 08:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--WestCoastMole[/i]@Apr 25 2004, 08:18 PM
    [b] Unlikely Herm does not like to give starting spots to rookies. Robertson last year was an unusual situation. [/b][/quote]
    He has a short history and started hid first round pick last year...How do you judge him???? [/b][/quote]
    Please. Testaverde would still be the starting QB if Woody hadn&#39;t ordered Hermie to get Pennington off the bench.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™+Apr 25 2004, 08:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bob the Jets Fan™ @ Apr 25 2004, 08:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Chrisrud@Apr 25 2004, 08:26 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--WestCoastMole[/i]@Apr 25 2004, 08:18 PM
    He has a short history and started hid first round pick last year...How do you judge him???? [/b][/quote]
    Please. Testaverde would still be the starting QB if Woody hadn&#39;t ordered Hermie to get Pennington off the bench. [/b][/quote]
    You really believe that?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Bob the Jets Fan™+Apr 25 2004, 08:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Bob the Jets Fan™ @ Apr 25 2004, 08:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Chrisrud@Apr 25 2004, 08:26 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--WestCoastMole[/i]@Apr 25 2004, 08:18 PM
    Please. Testaverde would still be the starting QB if Woody hadn&#39;t ordered Hermie to get Pennington off the bench. [/b][/quote]
    Amen Bob&#33;&#33; Either Herm learns to play the BEST Player&#39;s Rookie
    or not..Or it&#39;s Time for him to open up his Bar Restaurant called
    "The Veterans Inn"&#33;&#33; You&#39;ve Earned while you Learned Herm
    now put it to use&#33;&#33; ;) <_<

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As someone stated before, I think it&#39;s going to be much like the Lewis/Hobson situation last year. The only difference is that I think Vilma will get more playing time than Hobson did last year, being a first round pick. I&#39;d like to see him in the dime package but I&#39;m pretty sure that will be Cowart&#39;s job.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    barton 98 tckls 38 ast .5 sacks 1 fumble forced
    cowart 96 tckls 44 ast 2 sacks 1 fumble forced and he played one less game last year

so how is barton better than cowart???