Post Thanks / Like
    give us a recap after if you could B)

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Details, please !!!!!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradway basically came right out and called OT Adrian Jones a heist

Said immediately following the pick a couple of teams called him and offered multiple picks for Jones

Also said a couple of GM's have since told him Jones was a steal in the 4th Rd

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradway said the Jets have already signed 13 UDFA's {no names} ... did so immediately following the draft, within two hours

Said the Jets are officially out of business for UDFA's ... with 10 Picks and 13 UDFA's they have met their limit

Said some agents are still trying to peddle their UDFA's to the Jets but the Jets are done

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 10:39 AM
    [b] Bradway basically came right out and called OT Adrian Jones a heist

Said immediately following the pick a couple of teams called him and offered multiple picks for Jones

Also said a couple of GM's have since told him Jones was a steal in the 4th Rd [/b][/quote]
    Kiper didn't like the pick. He said Jones was too much of a project.

I hope the other GMs are right and Kiper is wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    My one wish for the UDFA's is that the top rated punter in the draft, Larson from Nebraska, is one of them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, I think Jones was a heist copared to what was available and what we needed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by metjet+Apr 26 2004, 10:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (metjet @ Apr 26 2004, 10:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 10:39 AM
    [b] Bradway basically came right out and called OT Adrian Jones a heist

Also said a couple of GM&#39;s have since told him Jones was a steal in the 4th Rd [/b][/quote]
    Kiper didn&#39;t like the pick. He said Jones was too much of a project.

I hope the other GMs are right and Kiper is wrong. [/b][/quote]
    Kiper was one of the guys very negative on the pick but there are some scouts that were very positive. There was something I read (I don&#39;t remember if a scout/GM said this or a publication) that said he could be one of the best tackles in the league if he continues to develop. I think with that atletic ability and a big frame, he is worth the risk.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by metjet[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 10:44 AM
    [b] Kiper didn&#39;t like the pick. He said Jones was too much of a project.

I hope the other GMs are right and Kiper is wrong. [/b][/quote]
    Some GM&#39;s couldn&#39;t disagree with Kiper more ... offering multiple picks for the player immediately following the pick speaks volumns

Bradway said he has since been praised by some fellow GM&#39;s for THAT PICK ... they called to tell him it was a steal

Bradway is normally very low-key ... he sounded very proud of that pick

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 02:47 PM
    [b] Some GM&#39;s couldn&#39;t disagree with Kiper more ... offering multiple picks for the player immediately following the pick speaks volumns

Bradway said he has since been praised by some fellow GM&#39;s for THAT PICK ... they called it a STEAL in the 4th [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ll bet you a million dollars that Bill Polian is one of those GM&#39;s. LOL&#33;&#33;&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradway said trading down was not a consideration cause they feared losing Vilma if they got cute ... suspected some teams directly behind the Jets really wanted JV

Even said he feared the Patriots were in play for Vilma ... felt they were considering a trade-up for JV

Also said the Saints and Broncos scared him ... felt they really wanted JV as well

The morning of the draft Kiper said Vilma was really rising ... said a number of teams were hoping he would be there for them ... I think JV became a very coveted player in this draft and TB got that vibe

Said the organization pretty much agreed saturday morning that if Vilma was there at 12 they shouldn&#39;t get fancy ... no trades ... take the player and be done with it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bradway also sounded happy about Derrick Strait falling to the Jets in the 3rd ... who wouldn&#39;t be :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder why the Jets are always so secretive with their UDFA signings. If you&#39;ve signed your 13 guys, and are not out to sign any more, why can&#39;t we know who they are???

(Fingers crossed for Jason Peters, Jarett Payton, Marcell Almond, Kelvin Millhouse and Ahmad Childress)...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kiper doesn&#39;t know everything

Is saw about 9 other safeties go before Shiver while Kiper had him ranked in the top 5 of his "Best available".........Are all those other GM&#39;s & scouts wrong and Mel Kiper right? Pleeeeease.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that this was a great pick...I perdicted that they would go after this guy in my earlier Draft Pick Post, and thank god they did. Vilma WILL be a stud in the next 2 years...watch....And the fact that he wanted to be a Jet also speaks volumns on Moss&#39;s recruiting abilities...I heard they talked a couple of times over the last 2 months and Vilma loved the idea of being able to come here.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yeah, Bradway said Cotchery would give the Jets immediate insurance for Wayne Chrebet ... gives them quality depth behind WC in the slot ... also a special teams standout

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 10:56 AM
    [b] Bradway said trading down was not a consideration cause they feared losing Vilma if they got cute ... suspected some teams directly behind the Jets really wanted JV

Even said he feared the Patriots were in play for Vilma ... felt they were considering a trade-up for JV

Also said the Saints and Broncos scared him ... felt they really wanted JV as well

The morning of the draft Kiper said Vilma was really rising ... said a number of teams were hoping he would be there for them ... I think JV became a very coveted player in this draft and TB got that vibe

Said the organization pretty much agreed saturday morning that if Vilma was there at 12 they shouldn&#39;t get fancy ... no trades ... take the player and be done with it [/b][/quote]
    I very glad they took the player they wanted without trying squeeze anything else, we have a history of getting boned every time we try to wait it out, or move down.

I&#39;m surprised Bradway is touting his pick in the fourth, probably a self defense mechanism to stave off negative press....in the papers, and HERE&#33; :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Glazer on MSG said Jones was an absolute steal in the 4th. He didn&#39;t reference the Jets front office on the comment but other teams feelings. The Falcons, he mentioned had the hots for him.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here&#39;s a nice pre-draft write up on Jones -

[url=http://www.kusports.com/news/football_archive/story/109551]http://www.kusports.com/news/football_arch...ve/story/109551[/url]

"NFLinsiders.com said Jones was the "most impressive looking offensive tackle" at the combine, and the Jayhawk had a "terrific workout."