Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bradway on WFAN

All Pro
    Here`s what i took away from that interview.Sam Cowart is walking around like Kerry Collins.Well,maybe not exactly like Collins,atleast not yet.That dude is as good as done here.Terry said Vilma will be playing the Mike,and he said the best player will play.Have you guys heard Terry,Herm Jesse and Joey yap about Vilma.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Tinstar[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] Here`s what i took away from that interview.Sam Cowart is walking around like Kerry Collins.Well,maybe not exactly like Collins,atleast not yet.That dude is as good as done here.Terry said Vilma will be playing the Mike,and he said the best player will play.Have you guys heard Terry,Herm Jesse and Joey yap about Vilma. [/b][/quote]
    Hey Tin, what's up? what happened to Matt's board? i can't find it anymore, at home or here at work.

GJ&H I think the vilma pick is a waste. Where is he going to play? If JA and Barton on the outside and Cowart and Hobson on the inside you just can't reach at 12. When Wilfork is sitting right there and would have been the top 3 pick last year just doesn't make sense too me. Drob need all the help he can get. Fergy,Reed,harper are just a waste in there. I hope we signed that kid from Utah ST as a CB/SS as well Means and Childress. I couldn't believe Donnel Wasington lasteed as lon as he did. I wish we traded up for him. I love the WR and LB pick in day 2 as well as the Kst players as well.

I disagree. Cowatt sticks around until the coaching staff is convinced Vilma is ready for a full time load.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: I would trust the judgement of a GM over Kiper anyday...the kid can play and between him and that friggin 6-7 behemoth...they'll be well over 300 lbs before the season starts....Jones is also such a quick lineman....great pick for the Jets.

[quote][i]Originally posted by star95[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 10:41 AM
    [b] GJ&H I think the vilma pick is a waste. Where is he going to play? If JA and Barton on the outside and Cowart and Hobson on the inside you just can't reach at 12. When Wilfork is sitting right there and would have been the top 3 pick last year just doesn't make sense too me. Drob need all the help he can get. Fergy,Reed,harper are just a waste in there. I hope we signed that kid from Utah ST as a CB/SS as well Means and Childress. I couldn't believe Donnel Wasington lasteed as lon as he did. I wish we traded up for him. I love the WR and LB pick in day 2 as well as the Kst players as well. [/b][/quote]
    i was under impression that hobson was going to be outside with barton and vilma and cowart inside. JA? did u mean abraham because i think that move was killed.

[quote][i]Originally posted by star95[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 11:41 AM
    [b] GJ&H I think the vilma pick is a waste. Where is he going to play? If JA and Barton on the outside and Cowart and Hobson on the inside you just can't reach at 12. When Wilfork is sitting right there and would have been the top 3 pick last year just doesn't make sense too me. Drob need all the help he can get. Fergy,Reed,harper are just a waste in there. I hope we signed that kid from Utah ST as a CB/SS as well Means and Childress. I couldn't believe Donnel Wasington lasteed as lon as he did. I wish we traded up for him. I love the WR and LB pick in day 2 as well as the Kst players as well. [/b][/quote]
    Are you crazy? Cowart is done...Vilma will jump in and be the MLB on this team....if he starts off slowly then Cowart is here for 1 year tops and Vilma plays nickle LB and Dime LB....until he is ready.

An improved LB corp with [b]Barton, Hobson and Vilma[/b]...way better than Jones, Cowart and Lewis...

LL

[quote][i]Originally posted by star95[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 11:41 AM
    Utah kid ... S Arnold Parker

I am also hoping we find his name on our list of UDFA's ... Childress too

As for Wilfork verses Vilma, I wrote extensively about this when day one concluded ... in spite of early projections, Vilma clearly carried the higher grade on the GM boards

Think about it ... DJ Williams {the second LB off the board} actually went four spots higher than Wilfork, so you know Jon Vilma {the consensus best LB in the draft} had to carry the higher grade

I wrote about this in detail ... the post is titled "Vilma was NOT a reach" ... see if you can find it, Star ... I went much more in depth and I would be curious to hear your response, as I respect your opinion

I argued that in retrospect Vilma did turnout to be the value pick at 12 ... the board bared that out

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: Cowart is not done and he will be an asset for the Jets in 2004...we have a pretty decent looking LB corp right about now.

I am a Florida Gator but damn if I don't like the fact that we now have four Hurricanse on the Jets squad....I still think Matt Walters is gonna make some noise.

[quote][i]Originally posted by latinlawyer+Apr 26 2004, 12:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (latinlawyer @ Apr 26 2004, 12:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--star95[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 11:41 AM
    [b] GJ&H I think the vilma pick is a waste. Where is he going to play? If JA and Barton on the outside and Cowart and Hobson on the inside you just can&#39;t reach at 12. When Wilfork is sitting right there and would have been the top 3 pick last year just doesn&#39;t make sense too me. Drob need all the help he can get. Fergy,Reed,harper are just a waste in there. I hope we signed that kid from Utah ST as a CB/SS as well Means and Childress. I couldn&#39;t believe Donnel Wasington lasteed as lon as he did. I wish we traded up for him. I love the WR and LB pick in day 2 as well as the Kst players as well. [/b][/quote]
    Are you crazy? Cowart is done...Vilma will jump in and be the MLB on this team....if he starts off slowly then Cowart is here for 1 year tops and Vilma plays nickle LB and Dime LB....until he is ready.

An improved LB corp with [b]Barton, Hobson and Vilma[/b]...way better than Jones, Cowart and Lewis...

LL [/b][/quote]
    I think Cowart is auditioning for another team in &#39;05.

He&#39;s playing for a free agent deal. We should get his best, whatever that turns out to be.

Vilma will be given every chance to play, as will Hobson and Barton. Competition is a [b]good thing[/b].

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetsfreak[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 12:56 PM
    [b] :ph34r: Cowart is not done and he will be an asset for the Jets in 2004...we have a pretty decent looking LB corp right about now.

I am a Florida Gator but damn if I don&#39;t like the fact that we now have four Hurricanse on the Jets squad....I still think Matt Walters is gonna make some noise. [/b][/quote]
    I agree with you on Walters. He&#39;s good a great motor. A nice rotation player.

Hobson

Bradway was asked specifically about Hobson this morning on WFAN ... he was absolutely adamant with his answer

Said Hobson in the SLB on the outside ... that&#39;s where they drafted him to play and that&#39;s where he&#39;s playing ... said the Jets graded him as the best LB over the TE in the draft last year ... moving him inside is not gonna happen ... Cowart and Vilma are the inside guys

Not my opinion ... that is right from Bradway&#39;s lips, only hours ago on WFAN

Whenever Walters had a chance to play last year he was always motoring...every play..the kid is good and plays at 110% everyplay...

We will have to see how cowart look sthis year...and how much Vilma learns this offseason..

LL

Parker got signed by someone. I can&#39;t remember the team, but I know I remember seeing it. :)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

One thing people keep failing to mention as one of the great intangibles about Vilma is that he&#39;s a LEADER&#33;&#33;&#33; The Jets D for the longest time has had nothing but so called "quiet" leaders. Not the case anymore with Vilma. He&#39;s a fiery guy who&#39;ll be loud and create a spark. This has been sorely needed for a long, long time.

All League
    Wait a minute...Jones runs a 4.9? That&#39;s a slow WR&#33; Can&#39;t deny he&#39;s got the tools/athleticism. Give him a year and a few reps and I&#39;ll bet he cracks the lineup and stays there (unlike Goodwin, others). As for the LB corps--who cares which is the starting lineup&#33; Let the best men play--they&#39;ve got to be an upgrade over last year and trying to sort them out now is a waste of time--at least the problem is a positive one (not "who can we get to play" but "who&#39;ll have to sit out")

Parker went to the Seahawks.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 10:39 AM
    [b] Bradway basically came right out and called OT Adrian Jones a heist

Said immediately following the pick a couple of teams called him and offered multiple picks for Jones

Also said a couple of GM&#39;s have since told him Jones was a steal in the 4th Rd [/b][/quote]
    GJ&H, you mind if I take your post over to JA?

Hall Of Fame
    :ph34r: someone last week on this board said that they were not fully sold on Hobson starting.......every time this kid was on the field last year he made something happen&#33;&#33; Now he will be playing with Vilma and Barton and keep in mind that Cowart will play his ass off cause he knows he probably will be gone in 2005....a good situation for the jets.

I also think the other kid from Miami who wore #49 is going to be dangerous as a specail teams player or a blitzing safety or LB.

[quote][i]Originally posted by mrcoops[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 07:58 AM
    [b] I wonder why the Jets are always so secretive with their UDFA signings. If you&#39;ve signed your 13 guys, and are not out to sign any more, why can&#39;t we know who they are???

(Fingers crossed for Jason Peters, Jarett Payton, Marcell Almond, Kelvin Millhouse and Ahmad Childress)... [/b][/quote]

They have a verbal agreement right now. So to keep other teams from getting to them, they withhold the names till sign on the dotted line.

Sounds like Bradway learned from a mistake he did earlier this year