All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    his name is jon carter

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gaffneycatch[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 07:10 PM
    [b] you've got 12 starters on defense.

it seems that either Cowart or Vilma will be sitting...my guess is Vilma. Just shows how much our linebacking corps has improved that we now have that problem.

surprised to see Evans over Ferguson...although that would be OK by me (I'm a big Evans fan), I was under the impression that the coaching staff sees Evans as back up to Ferguson and DRob...who knows what the thinking is about this?

and, i agree with whoever said that mickens will likely remain our nickle for another year...he even did a nice job as a starter for much of last year.

and, on offense, I still think that young WR (with the skinny legs...his name is eluding me right now) can be a contributer.

overall, i'd say we're definitely a good deal younger and faster...and hopefully, we're a good deal better too. [/b][/quote]
    Aww Give him a break look how many times the Jets did that
    last year and their supposed to know what their doing!! :P

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 07:25 PM
    [b] Aww Give him a break look how many times the Jets did that
    lasy year and their supposed to know what their doing!! :P [/b][/quote]
    you've got a point, Savage... :D

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    :o HEYYYY!!!! What about Jonathan CARTER at WR??? He was DAMN GOOD in that Colts game. He shows A LOT of promise. Out of Cotchery, Carter, and Chrebet, pick the best two and make them 3 and 4. Moss and J MAC are givens at 1 and 2. Personally, I think that you gotta see Cotch' in camp before you can decide if hes our number 3 or 4. I love Carter and wish he was number 3. Carter is way more athletic than Chrebet and isn't all banged up, and is (probably, although I don't know their exact heights offhand) taller than Chrebet. Didn't herm say last camp that carter was as fast or faster than moss??? (or something like he wanted to see them in a footrace). HE HAS TO BE IN THE MIX.

Then...Becht is our TE, unfortunately...I wish that Baker would get a chance, and show his stuff...Becht is not reliable with his hands. Great blocker, though...I wish there would be some 2 TE plays in which Becht could block and Baker would be a target for Penny. Wishful thinking, I know....Im not Paul Hackett...and therein lies the problem. Because If I was Paul Hackett, I would step down and hand my position over to someone who was competent. :(

In my opinion, TB is not doing enough to protect Penny...and if penny breaks his leg or has another 8 game injury, it won't be good to say the least...his contract year will come up, and he won't get paid because he wouldn't have proven himself by then...and then, utter ugliness would prevail...I don't want to ever see penny leave the jets except by old age, going out Testaverde style. None of this career ending injury crap or contract dispute crap.

Anyway, thanks to the person who made the projected starting lineup...its nice to think about when football is still sooooo far away.... :(

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    while we still need offensive line help, my big concerns now have to do with experience and chemistry.

we've definitely gotten younger and faster...but does that translate into better? probably in the long run, but not neccessarily immediately.

remember, veteran teams do well in the NFL. that's because they have experience...at playing the game, and managing their lives as NFL players. the importance of that is not to be under-rated.

we'll see if the jets can put it together this year

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Offense was fair to good last season. We put points on the board and should be better this seaon. Special teams needs to be more consistent and I expect it to be. Defense needs to get rid of all the matadors and the ola style of tackeling. 10 and 6 is possable. If special teams and defense don't step up 8 and 8 is probable.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think I want to see Moore and Jones at tackles......Moore and Fuata will be the guards...Jones will not see the field this year....

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+Apr 26 2004, 05:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ Apr 26 2004, 05:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Warfish[/i]@Apr 26 2004, 05:32 PM
    [b]

Based Purely on Talent, What do you think of this lineup now, as opposed to our lineup in 2003? [/b][/quote]

If that line-up stays on the field for 16 games you&#39;re probably looking at 11-5 or 10-6 season.

Injuries (which always happen) will create another 2 losses.

Hermy is good for at least 1 loss all by himself.

Jets will finish between 9-7 and 7-9 next season. [/b][/quote]
    Dear Oracle:
    Thanks for both your time and your insight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How the hell is Ray Mickens number 4 on the Depth Chart at CB? are you out of your MIND?