Thread: so i just saw that Donnie Darko movie..

im honestly at a loss of words here.

I think I understand it, and then I second guess myself.

I know a bunch of people on here talked about it...who else has seen it?

Love the movie, don't ask me to explain it though. I think everyone gets a something different out of it. Watch it a few times and you'll pick up on a lot more. It's one movie you really have to see again to grasp.

yeah...

good movie...im probably gonna watch it a few more times.

Hall Of Fame
    i thought it was good but not something i can watch more then twice

Banned
    i have the dvd and watch it all the time...great movie...

Veteran
    Matt39
    [quote][b] im honestly at a loss of words here.

I think I understand it, and then I second guess myself.

I know a bunch of people on here talked about it...who else has seen it? [/b][/quote]

* spoiler *

The way I see it is he traveled back in time to before everything happened and committed suicide to make everyone else's life better, maybe that's the obvious and you already knew that but just sharing my opinion.

All Pro
    I've watched a couple of times and this is what I think happened -

Donnie was questioning whether or not there was a God, he mentioned this to his shrink a bunch of times and you could see it was really troubling him. What started this was probably Grandma Death telling him "every living thing dies alone". he mentioned how his dog hid under the porch to die, and you can tell Donnie is worried about himself dying alone. WHen he speaks to his teacher about a worm hole (as described by Stephen Hawking) appearing out of nowhere, the teacher said that could only happen as an act of God. So in the end of the movie, when Donnie sees the wormhole forming he realizes that God does in fact exist, so if he travels back in time to his bed so that Jet engine crushes him, he will not die alone. This is why he is laughing right before the engine falls through his roof. He does this to alter what has already happened, ex: his mom and sister dying, his girlfriend dying, etc. thats just my interpretation, i could be wrong.

Banned
    the weird thing is...every person i have talked to about the movie has a totally different perspective...i heard the director talk once about it and he said that what he has heard is totally wrong and he may never tell the real story...