Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Vinny could be Eli tutor

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Giants' search for a veteran backup QB includes a trio with ties to the Jets, most notably 40-year-old Vinny Testaverde, who is expected to be released by the Jets on June 1.
    Testaverde, as the Daily News reported in March, was expected to sign with Bill Parcells in Dallas. However, the Long Island product could be intrigued by the chance to stay in New York and tutor Eli Manning. The Giants can't contact Testaverde because he's still Jets property.

The Giants also are interested in 37-year-old Neil O'Donnell and 33-year-old Jeff Blake, two more ex-Jets who are free agents. But their search began Sunday night when free-agent quarterback Damon Huard arrived for a visit. The 30-year-old Huard, who spent the last two years as a backup in New England playing under new Giants offensive coordinator Jon Hufnagel, met with team officials yesterday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinny would be a good fit. He has the experience, and he worked well with Chad when Chad took over in 2002. The role he played then may give him the edge over other Q/B's.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by mbn007[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 08:15 AM
    [b] Vinny would be a good fit. He has the experience, and he worked well with Chad when Chad took over in 2002. The role he played then may give him the edge over other Q/B's. [/b][/quote]
    I agree because Vinny seems like a guy who is very patient and he did work with Chad for a good two years and that should tell you something right there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MrSFJFC[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 08:09 AM
    [b] The Giants' search for a veteran backup QB includes a trio with ties to the Jets, most notably 40-year-old Vinny Testaverde, who is expected to be released by the Jets on June 1.
    Testaverde, as the Daily News reported in March, was expected to sign with Bill Parcells in Dallas. However, the Long Island product could be intrigued by the chance to stay in New York and tutor Eli Manning. The Giants can't contact Testaverde because he's still Jets property.

The Giants also are interested in 37-year-old Neil O'Donnell and 33-year-old Jeff Blake, two more ex-Jets who are free agents. But their search began Sunday night when free-agent quarterback Damon Huard arrived for a visit. The 30-year-old Huard, who spent the last two years as a backup in New England playing under new Giants offensive coordinator Jon Hufnagel, met with team officials yesterday. [/b][/quote]
    neil Odonnell!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: