Thread: Quote from Terry Bradway

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I read a quote in the Miami Herald this morning and Terry Bradway was talking about the Miami Hurricanes. He said he "would like to take atleast 1 hurricane in every draft each yr...Hurricane players usually are great pros...Ofcourse there are some busts but the style of offense and defense that is run @ UM really gets the players ready for the pros...UM players alot of the times come in and are good from the get-go in the NFL....

I also was listening to sports talk radio in Miami yesterday and they had the hurricanes head coach Larry coker on...He said that the Jets got a steal in Darrel Mccllover..He said he thought Mcclover would go much earlier and that he will be an awesome speical teamer and eventually a nice linebacker....He said with all the talent @ UM he couldnt crack the starting lineup and could be a steal in the NFL.....

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 09:21 AM
    [b] I read a quote in the Miami Herald this morning and Terry Bradway was talking about the Miami Hurricanes. He said he "would like to take atleast 1 hurricane in every draft each yr...Hurricane players usually are great pros...Ofcourse there are some busts but the style of offense and defense that is run @ UM really gets the players ready for the pros...UM players alot of the times come in and are good from the get-go in the NFL....

I also was listening to sports talk radio in Miami yesterday and they had the hurricanes head coach Larry coker on...He said that the Jets got a steal in Darrel Mccllover..He said he thought Mcclover would go much earlier and that he will be an awesome speical teamer and eventually a nice linebacker....He said with all the talent @ UM he couldnt crack the starting lineup and could be a steal in the NFL..... [/b][/quote]
    TB has drafted 4 UM players so far, like I said before McGlover will be like Walters, played behind alot of talent and big names so he didn't get the recognition like his teammates have but will be a contributor to whereever he goes

in that case why not bring in Payton, Geathers too??

All Pro
    I'm totally pumped about the McClover pick. The kid has all the physical tools, now he just needs the instructions. He should be a real star on special teams while he learns the nuances of the LB position.

Wasn't Jesse Armstead an 8th round pick from Miami? He turned out to be not too shabby!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green+Apr 27 2004, 09:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Mean Bro Green @ Apr 27 2004, 09:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LockeJET[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 09:21 AM
    [b] I read a quote in the Miami Herald this morning and Terry Bradway was talking about the Miami Hurricanes. He said he "would like to take atleast 1 hurricane in every draft each yr...Hurricane players usually are great pros...Ofcourse there are some busts but the style of offense and defense that is run @ UM really gets the players ready for the pros...UM players alot of the times come in and are good from the get-go in the NFL....

I also was listening to sports talk radio in Miami yesterday and they had the hurricanes head coach Larry coker on...He said that the Jets got a steal in Darrel Mccllover..He said he thought Mcclover would go much earlier and that he will be an awesome speical teamer and eventually a nice linebacker....He said with all the talent @ UM he couldnt crack the starting lineup and could be a steal in the NFL..... [/b][/quote]
    TB has drafted 4 UM players so far, like I said before McGlover will be like Walters, played behind alot of talent and big names so he didn&#39;t get the recognition like his teammates have but will be a contributor to whereever he goes

in that case why not bring in Payton, Geathers too?? [/b][/quote]
    Payton signed somewhere yesterday, forgot which team but it was in the transaction column of the Sun-Sentinel this morning

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetfan13+Apr 27 2004, 09:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetfan13 @ Apr 27 2004, 09:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Mean Bro Green@Apr 27 2004, 09:24 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--LockeJET[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 09:21 AM

TB has drafted 4 UM players so far, like I said before McGlover will be like Walters, played behind alot of talent and big names so he didn&#39;t get the recognition like his teammates have but will be a contributor to whereever he goes

Payton signed somewhere yesterday, forgot which team but it was in the transaction column of the Sun-Sentinel this morning [/b][/quote]
    I hope it was Chicago, they owe sweetness at least that much

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

PAYTON signed with the Tennesse Titans.... GEATHERS signed with Cleveland..

All Pro
    Payton signed with the Titans. Probably a good spot for him, with Eddie George getting up in years and mileage.

The Bears would never have signed him. Can you imagine the PR disaster if the kid failed to make the cut? The fans would have crucified the front office.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 09:32 AM
    [b] PAYTON signed with the Tennesse Titans.... GEATHERS signed with Cleveland.. [/b][/quote]
    makes sense that butch would get some of his guys

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by mrcoops[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 09:33 AM
    [b] Payton signed with the Titans. Probably a good spot for him, with Eddie George getting up in years and mileage.

The Bears would never have signed him. Can you imagine the PR disaster if the kid failed to make the cut? The fans would have crucified the front office. [/b][/quote]
    its probably lose-lose

they cant be too happy they didn&#39;t sign him either

[quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 09:21 AM
    [b] I also was listening to sports talk radio in Miami yesterday and they had the hurricanes head coach Larry coker on...He said that the Jets got a steal in Darrel Mccllover..He said he thought Mcclover would go much earlier and that he will be an awesome speical teamer and eventually a nice linebacker....He said with all the talent @ UM he couldnt crack the starting lineup and could be a steal in the NFL..... [/b][/quote]
    Linebackers who run 4.46 are hard to find ... like a needle in a haystack ... this kid possesses some awesome raw skills

Agreed, could be a late round steal ... I said that the moment he was selected ... rare BIG SCHOOL Sleeper

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Hurricanes have had 20 first round picks in the last 4 years...FACT&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by LockeJET[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 09:39 AM
    [b] The Hurricanes have had 20 first round picks in the last 4 years...FACT&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    16% of the last four year&#39;s first rounders

not too shabby, but the thing with UM players is taht they are either first rounders or pretty much dont get drafted

Ohio State also has to be mentioned because although they do not get many 1st rounders, overall they get more players drafted what was it this year 12 or 13 guys drafted??? also pretty impressive

Canes had the six first rounders and then only two others

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+Apr 27 2004, 09:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ Apr 27 2004, 09:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--LockeJET[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 09:21 AM
    [b] I also was listening to sports talk radio in Miami yesterday and they had the hurricanes head coach Larry coker on...He said that the Jets got a steal in Darrel Mccllover..He said he thought Mcclover would go much earlier and that he will be an awesome speical teamer and eventually a nice linebacker....He said with all the talent @ UM he couldnt crack the starting lineup and could be a steal in the NFL..... [/b][/quote]
    Linebackers who run 4.46 are hard to find ... like a needle in a haystack ... this kid possesses some awesome raw skills

Agreed, could be a late round steal ... I said that the moment he was selected ... rare BIG SCHOOL Sleeper [/b][/quote]
    BTW, here&#39;s what I really like about McClover, aside from his blinding speed .....

Often when a player is fast he is not particularly ferocious, but this kid really knows how to drop the hammer

Uses his speed to fly to the point of attack ... then really lays down the lumber :D

Anyone see that highlight reel when he was drafted? ... muh-man was delivering some violent blows :o

All Pro
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Mean Bro Green[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 11:24 AM
    [b] [QUOTE=

Payton was a non-factor and IMO not even worthy of playing in Miami no less as a pro RB.He just didn&#39;t have the proverbial "IT" too slow just not good enuff.Surprising given his bloodline his Dad was THE GREATEST or at least in the top 3 along with Sanders,Jim Brown,and Blair Thomas AAAAAHHHHHHHHH gotcha

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by SoFlaJets+Apr 27 2004, 10:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (SoFlaJets @ Apr 27 2004, 10:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mean Bro Green[/i]@Apr 27 2004, 11:24 AM
    [b] [QUOTE=

Payton was a non-factor and IMO not even worthy of playing in Miami no less as a pro RB.He just didn&#39;t have the proverbial "IT" too slow just not good enuff.Surprising given his bloodline his Dad was THE GREATEST or at least in the top 3 along with Sanders,Jim Brown,and Blair Thomas AAAAAHHHHHHHHH gotcha [/b][/quote]
    the kid palyed behind Portis and Mcgahee and got injured alot, we never saw what he was capable of, when he finally got the rock he ran well, but didn&#39;t get the reps, he is def worth a look