Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT: Kentucky Derby

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet+Apr 30 2004, 03:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (JumbalayaJet @ Apr 30 2004, 03:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jetswin@Apr 30 2004, 02:45 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--JumbalayaJet[/i]@Apr 30 2004, 02:38 PM
    [b]

Looking over The Form just now, two things jumped of the page and bit me. Pollard&#39;s Vision boasts the field&#39;s best off-track Tomlinson figure. T-storms are in the forecast. Smarty Jones won his last easily in the mud and gets [i]first-time lasix[/i]. [/b][/quote]
    is that good??? that&#39;s the horse i got in my pool 20-1 :lol: [/b][/quote]
    The Tomlinson figure is a calculation based on the horse&#39;s blood lines of how likely it is to run well over a particular surface or distance. I&#39;ll be using Pollard&#39;s Vision in all my wagers. Bet him down in New Orleans, but the pace in the Louisiana Derby was nuts and he couldn&#39;t last. Gonna stick with him. I&#39;m making a &#036;2 trifecta wheel with 3 horses to win, 3 to place, and 6 to show. The combo will cost &#036;108. [/b][/quote]
    sounds good to me&#33; :blink:

is there anything more confusing that betting on horses :lol:

All League
    [is there anything more confusing that betting on horses ]

Yes it is betting on the winning horses. This Derby is really wide open-There are two real speed horses in Smarty Jones and Lion Hearted that should determine the pace and how the race develops.

Master David, Borrego, Lion Heart, Tapit

Those are my picks&#33;

Good luck to all.

I am updating my pick since Wimbledon was scratched.

I am taking Lion Heart, The Cliff&#39;s Edge, and Smarty Jones Box.

I am also running the board with Smarty Jones.

It will be the most exciting 2 minutes in sports.... <_<

Ok my dad was a horse trainer for awhile (albeit a small time one in MD and years before that worked with Lenny something or other who trained Lil E. Tee the 93 derby winner).... he swears by Smarty Jones. When he won on a crappy track and beat the times of the winners in the other major races that day (I believe he ran in the Arkansas Derby and the others in the wood and something else) my dad became hooked... so thats one mans opinon. Of course when we went to Keenland a couple weeks ago when i was visiting he only hit one bet all day. And i hit none lol

Smarty Jones&#33; Wootie.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 06:27 PM
    [b] [b][SIZE=3]Smarty Jones[/SIZE][/b]

You Guys are crazy ... not even picking Smarty Jones to come in the money ... what planet are you from? :D

Smarty Jones will win this race by a comfortable margain ... two or three lengths, minimum

You want the smart play here?

Wheel Smarty Jones in an exacta with all of the longshots ... Just toss Smarty on top and you may be cashing a nice ticket[/b][/quote]
    B)

[quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 07:07 PM
    [b] Smarty Jones is Gonna smoke all these nags [/b][/quote]
    B)

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 10:47 PM
    [b] I know absolutely nothing about horse racing but people always give opinions even when they have no knowledge of a certain topic. So why not follow the trend.

I&#39;ll say.................................................................

First Place-Lionheart
    Second Place- Imperialism
    Third Place-Smarty Jones [/b][/quote]
    I got the right horses. Wrong order though.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dmaynard[/i]@Apr 30 2004, 02:20 PM
    [b] Win - 15 Smarty Jones (great horse, great jockey)
    Place - 3 Lion Heart (very good horse)
    Show 12 Borrego (will surprise) [/b][/quote]
    Borrego, you killed my trifecta. :D

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 06:50 PM
    [b] 1 -CLIFFS EDGE 2 -SMARTY JONES 3-LIONHEARTED [/b][/quote]
    CLIFF`S edge killed my tri.....,I figured he was gonna sit back till that last 1/4 for me ,but congrats to SMARTY JONES , I thought the distance was going to be to much for him to win but had him second ,this horse could be the real deal VISA may end up forking over that cash this year for a triple crown bonus........&#036;5,000,000

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Nice pick, BG and fatcat, but GJH, you can&#39;t bet after the race. This Pa-bred looks to be able to run all day. Think he&#39;ll only add to that bankroll.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@Apr 30 2004, 03:02 PM
    [b] [quote][b]Smarty Jones won his last easily in the mud and gets [i]first-time lasix[/i].[/b][/quote] [/b][/quote]
    The juice works&#33;

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@May 1 2004, 07:13 PM
    [b] Nice pick, BG and fatcat, but GJH, you can&#39;t bet after the race. This Pa-bred looks to be able to run all day. Think he&#39;ll only add to that bankroll. [/b][/quote]
    :huh:

I called Smarty Jones on friday ... Go back and check the date on the posts

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Jumba planning on doing the preakness again ,that was a good time last year in the infield :) :) ,also a day at the races in the mud....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@May 1 2004, 07:24 PM
    [b] Jumba planning on doing the preakness again ,that was a good time last year in the infield :) :) ,also a day at the races in the mud.... [/b][/quote]
    If you guys do the preakness, I&#39;m in..........I have lots and lots of friends that go that we can party with................. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yup, you had it too, GJH. Hope you made some money.

joisey, that Preakness trip might be possible. Hopefully we&#39;ll get better weather. Keep in touch.

[quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan+May 1 2004, 06:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (YoungJetsFan @ May 1 2004, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YoungJetsFan[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 10:47 PM
    [b] I know absolutely nothing about horse racing but people always give opinions even when they have no knowledge of a certain topic. So why not follow the trend.

I&#39;ll say.................................................................

First Place-Lionheart
    Second Place- Imperialism
    Third Place-Smarty Jones [/b][/quote]
    I got the right horses. Wrong order though. [/b][/quote]
    had you boxed it cost you &#036;12...you would have won &#036;987.60X2...

Not a bad payday for not knowing anything about the ponies... :o

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@May 1 2004, 07:26 PM
    [b] If you guys do the preakness, I&#39;m in..........I have lots and lots of friends that go that we can party with................. ;) [/b][/quote]
    Bring &#39;em.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@May 1 2004, 07:28 PM
    [b] Yup, you had it too, GJH. Hope you made some money.

joisey, that Preakness trip might be possible. Hopefully we&#39;ll get better weather. Keep in touch. [/b][/quote]
    Absoulutely , The rain didn`t bother me that much ,you just go with the flow.