Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rene Gonzalez..true american hero?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [url=http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~jbcp/rene.html]http://www-unix.oit.umass.edu/~jbcp/rene.html[/url]

Write him...check out his article in the political thread....its a doozy

(Basically that Pat tillman got what he deserved!)

LL

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LL-What in the hell are you doing posting............................without a Salma pic?? ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    all i say is if you don't wanna die, don't go to war, don't join the military...i really don't care either way whether someone does or not, i just think nationalism and war are stupid...and i don't care if other people want to annoint him the next american hero...but in a way he did get what was coming to him...he was a hell of a nice guy and did what he thought was right...i don't think anyone can argue with that...

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] all i say is if you don't wanna die, don't go to war, don't join the military...i really don't care either way whether someone does or not, i just think nationalism and war are stupid...and i don't care if other people want to annoint him the next american hero...but in a way he did get what was coming to him...he was a hell of a nice guy and did what he thought was right...i don't think anyone can argue with that... [/b][/quote]
    So you are agreeing with Rene except that you would like to add in that Pat Tillman was a nice guy? Is this correct?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] all i say is if you don't wanna die, don't go to war, don't join the military...i really don't care either way whether someone does or not, i just think nationalism and war are stupid...and i don't care if other people want to annoint him the next american hero...but in a way he did get what was coming to him...he was a hell of a nice guy and did what he thought was right...i don't think anyone can argue with that... [/b][/quote]
    another gutless punk heard from.

P.S. You are going to die, whether you want to or not. do you think the people who went to work in the WTC or Pentagon on 9-11 wanted to die?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i don't see him as a hero...but i don't believe in hero's so i guess that would be the reason...if others want to believe he is, go ahead and annoint anyone you would like, i just don't care and think its funny that people bash people with opposite views...hilarious in fact...

tillman was different than most people and he did what he thought was right...thats great, everyone should have the courage to do such a thing...funny how rene and others are bashed because they are doing the same thing, what they think is right...isn't there a thing called difference of opinion?

im not happy tillman died or anything, i just don't see him as a hero as i don't see anyone else as one either...

but if you don't want to die, don't go to war...thats all i am saying...

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know what that kid is, a ****ing punk, and what makes pisses me of even more is that he's using spanish terms that aren;t even close to describing pat tillman, pendejo? this kid is aperfect example of what a pendejo is, some young little virgin f**k who has no idea about the realworld and thnks he does so he uses big words to try and make himself feel smarter, the only spanish words that should be used to describe Tillman are heroe (hero), or "un hombre que lucho por la libertad de otros" (a man who fought for the liberty of others), this ****ing kid pisses me off so badly, he;s an embarrassment to the spanish community and embarrasses me to admit that I am spanish if this is how the spanish youth of today thinks. In all honesty if I had the kid infront of me I would beat him so ****ing bad his mother wouldn't recognize him. Just thinking about what he wrote is making me Angry, that's all I have to say about the little f**k

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Apr 29 2004, 11:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Apr 29 2004, 11:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:30 AM
    [b] all i say is if you don&#39;t wanna die, don&#39;t go to war, don&#39;t join the military...i really don&#39;t care either way whether someone does or not, i just think nationalism and war are stupid...and i don&#39;t care if other people want to annoint him the next american hero...but in a way he did get what was coming to him...he was a hell of a nice guy and did what he thought was right...i don&#39;t think anyone can argue with that... [/b][/quote]
    another gutless punk heard from.

P.S. You are going to die, whether you want to or not. do you think the people who went to work in the WTC or Pentagon on 9-11 wanted to die? [/b][/quote]
    no im sure they didn&#39;t...and im sure most people in the military don&#39;t wanna die either...but you are putting yourself at risk when you join up...a higher risk than people in other careers...seriously i could care less if someone died in the united states or someone dies in england or japan or iraq or south africa...it causes the same amount of pain to me...which isn&#39;t much...but still, why is a life from america worth more than a life from somewhere else?

i just think nationalism is stupid...disagree if you want, but unlike you, i don&#39;t diss you for your opinions as you do to me...

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:35 AM
    [b] i don&#39;t see him as a hero...but i don&#39;t believe in hero&#39;s so i guess that would be the reason...if others want to believe he is, go ahead and annoint anyone you would like, i just don&#39;t care and think its funny that people bash people with opposite views...hilarious in fact...

tillman was different than most people and he did what he thought was right...thats great, everyone should have the courage to do such a thing...funny how rene and others are bashed because they are doing the same thing, what they think is right...isn&#39;t there a thing called difference of opinion?

im not happy tillman died or anything, i just don&#39;t see him as a hero as i don&#39;t see anyone else as one either...

but if you don&#39;t want to die, don&#39;t go to war...thats all i am saying... [/b][/quote]
    You sound more like a gutless coward who doesn&#39;t believe in anything.

I pity your outlook.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE BURG22[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:38 AM
    [b] You know what that kid is, a ****ing punk, and what makes pisses me of even more is that he&#39;s using spanish terms that aren;t even close to describing pat tillman, pendejo? this kid is aperfect example of what a pendejo is, some young little virgin f**k who has no idea about the realworld and thnks he does so he uses big words to try and make himself feel smarter, the only spanish words that should be used to describe Tillman are heroe (hero), or "un hombre que lucho por la libertad de otros" (a man who fought for the liberty of others), this ****ing kid pisses me off so badly, he;s an embarrassment to the spanish community and embarrasses me to admit that I am spanish if this is how the spanish youth of today thinks. In all honesty if I had the kid infront of me I would beat him so ****ing bad his mother wouldn&#39;t recognize him. Just thinking about what he wrote is making me Angry, that&#39;s all I have to say about the little f**k [/b][/quote]
    you are funny...

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:35 AM
    [b] i don&#39;t see him as a hero...but i don&#39;t believe in hero&#39;s so i guess that would be the reason...if others want to believe he is, go ahead and annoint anyone you would like, i just don&#39;t care and think its funny that people bash people with opposite views...hilarious in fact...

tillman was different than most people and he did what he thought was right...thats great, everyone should have the courage to do such a thing...funny how rene and others are bashed because they are doing the same thing, what they think is right...isn&#39;t there a thing called difference of opinion?

im not happy tillman died or anything, i just don&#39;t see him as a hero as i don&#39;t see anyone else as one either...

but if you don&#39;t want to die, don&#39;t go to war...thats all i am saying... [/b][/quote]
    [b]From Websters: Hero = A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life.[/b]

Is there anything someone can do in your mind to be labeled a hero? If so who are some in your opinion?

This guy was a hero. He sacrificied millions of dollars to do what he felt he needed to do. He died doing it. That is a hero.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Apr 29 2004, 11:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Apr 29 2004, 11:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:35 AM

I pity your outlook. [/b][/quote]
    you are funny as well...you don&#39;t like others to have a difference in opinion...fine...have fun living a life of thinking you are better than others because you are uh...american...i don&#39;t care...i do believe in things...its called myself...

by the way...anyone else feel alot more sad when an animal or child dies than when an adult human dies? adults seem so less innocent that i just don&#39;t care...

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Piper+Apr 29 2004, 11:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Piper @ Apr 29 2004, 11:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:35 AM

Piper you remember this guy right? This is the guy that GJ&H gave the business after his 9/11 comments. GJ&H asked him to tell his thoughts to a friend of his who lost a loved one.

Conviently YWM could not be around in person to share his thoughts. But he did promise to PM Ham when he is available.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+Apr 29 2004, 11:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ Apr 29 2004, 11:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:35 AM

[b]From Websters: Hero = A person noted for feats of courage or nobility of purpose, especially one who has risked or sacrificed his or her life.[/b]

Is there anything someone can do in your mind to be labeled a hero? If so who are some in your opinion?

This guy was a hero. He sacrificied millions of dollars to do what he felt he needed to do. He died doing it. That is a hero. [/b][/quote]
    i think if you would have read what i said you would have already known the answer...

I DON&#39;T BELIEVE IN HERO&#39;S...unless you are one who calls a very tasty sandwich one...in which case...mmm...i love those

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by THE BURG22[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:38 AM
    [b] You know what that kid is, a ****ing punk, and what makes pisses me of even more is that he&#39;s using spanish terms that aren;t even close to describing pat tillman, pendejo? this kid is aperfect example of what a pendejo is, some young little virgin f**k who has no idea about the realworld and thnks he does so he uses big words to try and make himself feel smarter, the only spanish words that should be used to describe Tillman are heroe (hero), or "un hombre que lucho por la libertad de otros" (a man who fought for the liberty of others), this ****ing kid pisses me off so badly, he;s an embarrassment to the spanish community and embarrasses me to admit that I am spanish if this is how the spanish youth of today thinks. In all honesty if I had the kid infront of me I would beat him so ****ing bad his mother wouldn&#39;t recognize him. Just thinking about what he wrote is making me Angry, that&#39;s all I have to say about the little f**k [/b][/quote]
    Amen Brother&#33;

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+Apr 29 2004, 11:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ Apr 29 2004, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Piper@Apr 29 2004, 11:38 AM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:35 AM

Piper you remember this guy right? This is the guy that GJ&H gave the business after his 9/11 comments. GJ&H asked him to tell his thoughts to a friend of his who lost a loved one.

Conviently YWM could not be around in person to share his thoughts. But he did promise to PM Ham when he is available. [/b][/quote]
    all i said was i didn&#39;t care that people died in nyc...why should i? i don&#39;t know them and i could care less about them...its not that i was happy they died...i just didn&#39;t care...if i would have known someone that died, i may have cared...for that one person, but alas, i do not...plus, why would i drive 9 hours to talk to someone for 5 minutes? thats called...STUPID&#33;

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory+Apr 29 2004, 11:43 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (yourworstmemory @ Apr 29 2004, 11:43 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Maxman@Apr 29 2004, 11:39 AM

This guy was a hero. He sacrificied millions of dollars to do what he felt he needed to do. He died doing it. That is a hero. [/b][/quote]
    i think if you would have read what i said you would have already known the answer...

I DON&#39;T BELIEVE IN HERO&#39;S...unless you are one who calls a very tasty sandwich one...in which case...mmm...i love those [/b][/quote]
    Are you a Christian? Oh let me guess I am sure you don&#39;t believe in a God.

Jesus was a hero in my opinion.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    if jesus did exist...then he was a bastard and god was a rapist...funny, two things christians seem to be against...

i really don&#39;t know if god or jesus exists, and i really don&#39;t care, it bears no importance in my life...

btw...im magnostic...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory+Apr 29 2004, 11:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (yourworstmemory @ Apr 29 2004, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Piper@Apr 29 2004, 11:38 AM

you are funny as well...you don&#39;t like others to have a difference in opinion...fine...have fun living a life of thinking you are better than others because you are uh...american...i don&#39;t care...i do believe in things...its called myself...

by the way...anyone else feel alot more sad when an animal or child dies than when an adult human dies? adults seem so less innocent that i just don&#39;t care... [/b][/quote]
    Dood you have issues. Seriously you should talk to a doctor about Wellbutrin or Xanax or somthing. I&#39;m not even kidding with this one. I&#39;m not trying to attack you so dont be offended but you seem to have a negative view of life in general. The whole innocence comment is scary. Reminds me of KC from the Howard Stern show. Those feelings might be coming from a chemical imbalance in your brain. It can usually be treated with medication.

Maxman
    [quote][i]Originally posted by yourworstmemory[/i]@Apr 29 2004, 11:47 AM
    [b] if jesus did exist...then he was a bastard and god was a rapist...funny, two things christians seem to be against...

i really don&#39;t know if god or jesus exists, and i really don&#39;t care, it bears no importance in my life...

btw...im magnostic... [/b][/quote]
    Magnostic? Don&#39;t you mean agnostic?