Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No more Club Ed

[quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+Apr 30 2004, 01:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ Apr 30 2004, 01:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YoungJetsFan[/i]@Apr 30 2004, 04:05 PM
    [b]My insight is not the same as you guys because I actually use logic and reason.[/b][/quote]
    Logic is seeing when a Team goes from 3-13 to 7-9,7-9 and 11-5
    is getting Better&#33; Going from 10-6 to 9-7 to 6-10 is not getting Better&#33;
    Reason?? When you have a RB with 2 high Ankle sprains you rest
    him and put in your second rd fresh RB ..Was that Logical to play a
    hurt RB when you have a healthy one on the Bench?? I don&#39;t care
    if the 3rd rd Choice RB wants to Play..Your the Coach sit him and get
    him well&#33;&#33; For the 999th time I&#39;m not Anti-Herm I&#39;m Pro Jet Team&#33;&#33; :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Savage,

You are forgetting something.... Politics...

Yes, even in the NFL there are lots of politics. This thing about the best player is on the field is not always the case. You have to look at some of the player contracts and some verbal agreements (and maybe even sealed envelopes with pictures inside) for the reason some people start over others.

Why did Hatchette sit for 2 years on the bench?? He may not have been the best but I think he was at least good enough to be put in every so often.

2002 season. Why did Herm finally decide to put pennington in the game for the rest of the game? Vinny wasn&#39;t hurt. At least nothing that would have stopped him from finishing the game. In all honesty the question should have been more like: What took Herm so long to make that switch when it was VERY obvious that Vinny was stinking up the place from the 1st game??. We got clobbered 4 games straight.

Mortal of the story is that there are times when coaches are told that certain players MUST get certain amount of playing time. Sometimes injuries can play a role for the head coach as an excuse for not playing that player but in Martin&#39;s case it sounded like he was VERY adamant about his playing time.

[quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Apr 30 2004, 10:54 AM
    [b] I think that Herman Edwards has done a good in not killing his players physically in July and August.

That&#39;s why, They have been so great in November and December. It&#39;s important that your team doesn&#39;t run out of gas by seasons end. See Miami Dolphins.

[/b][/quote]
    BS,,he has to find a better medium,,u dont want to be spent in a playoff run because u couldnt afford a loss due to crap beginning..or zero or only one home playoff game due to horrendous start. do not ever justify herms bad beginnings, he has to tighten that up and still be consistenet during year,,its all about home field and somewhat healthy during playoffs..

Hall Of Fame
    I&#39;m sure there&#39;s quite a few teams in the NFL that have soft training camps who don&#39;t perpetually start every season 1-5, but I could be wrong. The Jets played like sh*t in December, last year, too, so this "that&#39;s why they don&#39;t run out of gas blah blah blah" BS can take a hike.

Just let Donnie have full reign, and if any player goes crying to Herm, put him in the doghouse. The honeymoons over, fellas.

[img]http://www.jim-carrey.org/Jim_Carrey_pictures/Jim_Carrey_08.jpg[/img]

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@Apr 30 2004, 08:20 AM
    [b] [QUOTE=Jet Ski,Apr 30 2004, 06:40 AM] [QUOTE]Notes & quotes: The Jets are holding two-a-days for the first two days of this camp. Edwards&#39; "Mr. Nice Guy" days are officially over ...

[/QUOTE]

The number of daily practices has nothing to do with a toughness of a camp.

It&#39;s how the practices are structured.

Will the players be in full gear?

Will they have "live" contact drills?

Will everything be at full speed and not just "walk-throughs"?

Any practice with t-shirts, shorts and only a helmet is still Cub Med. [/b][/quote]
    If you&#39;ve read anything about the way Donnie Henderson has been on our defenses ass you already know the answer TX. This guy will be a hell of a coordinator and maybe the Jets best off-season acquisition.

Hall Of Fame
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@Apr 30 2004, 10:54 AM
    [b] I think that Herman Edwards has done a good in not killing his players physically in July and August.

That&#39;s why, They have been so great in November and December. It&#39;s important that your team doesn&#39;t run out of gas by seasons end. [/b][/quote]
    When Oakland ran the ball on its first 21 plays, including a ridiculous 70-yard, 19-play touchdown drive, with a nobody at running back, that soft training camp was really working it&#39;s magic.

That was in [b]WEEK ELEVEN[/b].

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know the Jets won that game, but it doesn&#39;t negate my point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jetaholic[/i]@Apr 30 2004, 11:41 PM
    [b]Mortal of the story is that there are times when coaches are told that certain players MUST get certain amount of playing time. Sometimes injuries can play a role for the head coach as an excuse for not playing that player but in Martin&#39;s case it sounded like he was VERY adamant about his playing time.[/b][/quote]
    Did you get a Masters in Conspiracy theories?? :rolleyes: And
    who exactly tells Herm who he has to play and when?? Not TB
    who couldn&#39;t even pick a HC without running to the League office&#33;
    And certainly not Woody who hasn&#39;t a clue either..Or did you mean
    Herm is afraid to piss off the Vets? That would be believable at
    least..But is the mark of a weak HC&#33;&#33; <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses+May 2 2004, 12:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet Moses @ May 2 2004, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YoungJetsFan[/i]@Apr 30 2004, 10:54 AM

That&#39;s why, They have been so great in November and December. It&#39;s important that your team doesn&#39;t run out of gas by seasons end. [/b][/quote]
    When Oakland ran the ball on its first 21 plays, including a ridiculous 70-yard, 19-play touchdown drive, with a nobody at running back, that soft training camp was really working it&#39;s magic.

That was in [b]WEEK ELEVEN[/b].

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know the Jets won that game, but it doesn&#39;t negate my point. [/b][/quote]

The Jets being poor against the run had nothing to do with July and August.

It had to do with talent.

I guess that Bill Belichick was not working his players hard when they were the worst team in the league against the run in 2002. Romeo must have not cracked the whip in August that year. It had to do with talent.

I agree with everybody. The Jets need to get off to a better start this year. They can&#39;t go, 0-4 and then finish the season 6-6.

The Jets have had poor starts the last two seasons and everyone knows that including Edwards, who has addressed that several times.

But, Poors starts are sometimes, a result of circumstance. Injuries etc. That&#39;s really what hindered The Jets, the last two years.

The Pats last year started the season by getting blown out 31-0. Was it because, They were not worked hard in August. They started the year 2 and 2.

I am with you guys that Edwards needs to work this team harder. I think, He knows that too but He can&#39;t pull an Al Groh and overwork the team in August.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ARodKeyWestJetsFan[/i]@May 2 2004, 03:37 AM
    [b]
    If you&#39;ve read anything about the way Donnie Henderson has been on our defenses ass you already know the answer TX. This guy will be a hell of a coordinator and maybe the Jets best off-season acquisition. [/b][/quote]

Arod, totally agree with you.

Hederson will be a very good DC.

Hermy needs to keep his nose out of Hendu&#39;s business and let him run the defense.

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@May 2 2004, 11:02 AM
    [b]
    The Jets have had poor starts the last two seasons and everyone knows that including Edwards, who has addressed that several times.

[/b][/quote]

This board will self-destruct if the Jets go into the bye week at 0-2. ;)