Thread: J.Williams acquitted of manslaughter

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    not to take away our focus from Football
    but this just in read it!
    [url=http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20040429145809990017]http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/news/article.ad...429145809990017[/url]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how much that verdict cost?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe this clown has the same amount of guilt as OJ. OJ was acquitted too. Anyone here believe OJ was innocent?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    OJ is still searching for the real killer. He will search every golf course from coast to coast until he finds him. <_<

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    If a guy can point a gun at someone pull the trigger in front of witnisses and walk away from a murder charge ,then they should scrap the whole jury system...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Let&#39;s just say that THERE is NO justice in this world..........that&#39;s why some people take justice into their own hands.........

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by joiseyjet[/i]@May 1 2004, 06:07 AM
    [b] If a guy can point a gun at someone pull the trigger in front of witnisses and walk away from a murder charge ,then they should scrap the whole jury system... [/b][/quote]
    It wasn&#39;t even a murder charge, it was manslaughter. This is insane.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    O.J. Simpson, Jayson Williams.....if Kobe gets acquitted, I wonder if Michael Jackson will start wishing he was still black? :blink:

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by dmaynard[/i]@May 1 2004, 07:22 AM
    [b] O.J. Simpson, Jayson Williams.....if Kobe gets acquitted, I wonder if Michael Jackson will start wishing he was still black? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    HAHA, funny Maynard.........

But, I don&#39;t think it&#39;s a racial issue........Kobe, in my personal opinion (and coming from a woman) was NOT guilty.......that chick was a looney bin.........as far as Jason Williams, I have met him on several occassions and he seems like such a nice person, down to earth and all........he used to stop by my friends softball team and played with them sometimes just for fun. I don&#39;t want to believe he did this even if he did, I am having a hard time with this. When the news came out it made me sick for days. :(

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bulls**t verdict. Utter crap.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+May 1 2004, 07:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ May 1 2004, 07:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dmaynard[/i]@May 1 2004, 07:22 AM
    [b] O.J. Simpson, Jayson Williams.....if Kobe gets acquitted, I wonder if Michael Jackson will start wishing he was still black? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    HAHA, funny Maynard.........

But, I don&#39;t think it&#39;s a racial issue........Kobe, in my personal opinion (and coming from a woman) was NOT guilty.......that chick was a looney bin.........as far as Jason Williams, I have met him on several occassions and he seems like such a nice person, down to earth and all........he used to stop by my friends softball team and played with them sometimes just for fun. I don&#39;t want to believe he did this even if he did, I am having a hard time with this. When the news came out it made me sick for days. :( [/b][/quote]
    Jetgirl, I agree it is really not a racial thing, it is all about money and slick lawyers. So Michael is set, no matter what color he is, he has the green. :rolleyes: And I agree with you on Kobe. But the Williams verdit is outrageous. His case was the textbook, classic definition of manslaughter.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    News moves a bit slow in Georgia, eh dawg? If JW killed someone while drunk in a car, he&#39;s off to jail right away. But curse at someone and blow a hole in his chest with a shotgun? Hey, I was drunk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JumbalayaJet[/i]@May 1 2004, 08:29 AM
    [b] News moves a bit slow in Georgia, eh dawg? If JW killed someone while drunk in a car, he&#39;s off to jail right away. But curse at someone and blow a hole in his chest with a shotgun? Hey, I was drunk. [/b][/quote]
    And you forgot having a reported history of poor judgement in handling weapons (i.e. when he almost shot Wayne Chrebet &#39;accidentally&#39;).

What a joke this is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This makes me sick. I love J. Williams, but he did the crime and should do the time.

IMO it is tough to discipline someone that made a mistake, especially when it was a complete accident... BUT he [b]should[/b] go to jail so that he gets the point that guns arent toys. Im sure that a night in jail with bubba porking him will get the point across just fine.

Its all said and done now... Jason Williams gets to sip martini&#39;s and a man is rolling in his grave... absolutely disgusting&#33;

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kills me, reading the papers, is the comments from the jurors involved.

"Jayson this..." and "Jayson that...".

Not one comment even MENTIONING his last name, or &#39;the defendant&#39;

It sure seems that the jurors looked at him like a celebrity and a pal, and judged accordingly. Like they&#39;re going to hang out at the Who Knew mansion shooting skeet with him next weekend.

Hey, even nice guys break the law.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Brooklyn Jet+May 1 2004, 09:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Brooklyn Jet @ May 1 2004, 09:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JumbalayaJet[/i]@May 1 2004, 08:29 AM
    [b] News moves a bit slow in Georgia, eh dawg? If JW killed someone while drunk in a car, he&#39;s off to jail right away. But curse at someone and blow a hole in his chest with a shotgun? Hey, I was drunk. [/b][/quote]
    And you forgot having a reported history of poor judgement in handling weapons (i.e. when he almost shot Wayne Chrebet &#39;accidentally&#39;).

What a joke this is. [/b][/quote]
    Brooklyn Jet, all that "previous" stuff wasnt admitted in court because it might have adversely affected the jury, ie: made them realize what a tool he is.

That might be my biggest problem with the judicial system, how some things are deemed too "prejudicial" for the jury to hear/see. I say call a spade a spade, if there are things in the past, lets know about them. It helps to show the character of a person.

Its like jetgirl saying how Williams is so nice and plays softball with the women etc...well if she knew he killed his dog and fired inches from Chrebet and everything else he did in the past...
    A-She wouldnt think he was so nice.
    and
    B-It would be easier for her to fathom him doing something like this.

A couple of weeks ago I was reading the Daily News in NY and there was a story about a guy accused of murdering his wife, child (8 I think) and a step-child(13 or so). He hacked/stabbed them to death.

The guy originally gave a written confession but now says it was beaten out of him by the cops. He wants a trial now.. They have a trial on evidence admisability. There is a 911 call recording, made by one of the dead kids. On the tape the kid can be heard screaming "No, Daddy, No&#33;, Stop Daddy, Stop&#33;" etc... The judge ruled that tape OUT, because it might prejudice the jury....

That seems like the best piece of evidence to me.