Thread: Not even the Pats fans......

I have been an innocent bystander of this site for 2 yrs now, religiously reading every post and sucking valuable time out of my work day. I am loving the latest positive engery from this board. We have been mired in negativity ever since the Raider playoff game debacle and it seems that we are starting to sense a positivity we havent felt around here for 2 years. Lets think about all we have overcome as Jet fans in the past 2 years:

-Chad really dissapointing us with the INT's vs the Raiders after we blew out the Colts in the Playoffs
    -Questions about Chad's ability to lead us to the superbowl
    -Redskins raiding our roster (Laverneus Coles incident still hurts.....)
    -Josh Evans ruining our depth
    -Mo lewis and Marvin Jones collecting paychecks
    -Our franchise QB getting his ankle snapped in half
    -Getting ripped off by the Bears for D-Rob
    -BJ Askew, arguably worst and stupidest draft pick in franchise history
    -Pats winning the Super Bowl
    -Wayne's career ending injury (lets be honset...the guy is done)
    -Signing that loser from the Rams to replace Randy Thomas, only to have him retire and ruin our O-line
    -John Abraham ruining our love for him (mnever stay on the field, DWI)

It is great that we feel positive now and I am feeling great about our depth as well as the future of our franchise. Feel free to add to any of our other miseries.

[quote][i]Originally posted by ChazD[/i]@May 1 2004, 11:41 AM
    [b]
    -Pats winning the Super Bowl [/b][/quote]
    Extend it to three years, and you've got another New England SB victory! :D

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jared+May 1 2004, 02:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jared @ May 1 2004, 02:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ChazD[/i]@May 1 2004, 11:41 AM
    [b]
    -Pats winning the Super Bowl [/b][/quote]
    Extend it to three years, and you&#39;ve got another New England SB victory&#33; :D [/b][/quote]
    Yah but that one didn&#39;t count either**.

By the way it was CP&#39;s wrist not his ankle.

And how about letting Askew play in one game before labeling him the worst pick ever, that&#39;s just silly.

i was just going to say that it was his ankle

i think you are a LITTLE TOO pessimistic. A lot of the things you said were a low-blow to this franchise but let&#39;s look at all of those facts in reality:

- Chad led us to the playoffs w/o starting the season and getting his 1st action EVER. If anything, all he showed from the OAK game that, like evry1 else, he is human, and he is something special and he would learn from being rattled like that
    - Redskin&#39;s did raid us but that&#39;s only b/c if we kept those guys we would have to let go a couple this coming offseason. And tell me the truth, were the Redskins THAT good?
    - Mo and Marvin are gone, they were great Jets
    - Ripped off by the Bears&#33; this guy was thrown into the fire, and through my eyes, held his ground. When he becomes the s**t and a stud on our DL, we&#39;ll see who got ripped off
    - BJ, you never know - mayb the FO knows something we don&#39;t . . .Pagel was worse
    - Pats are a good team, why should it hurt Jets fans?
    - NUTTEN&#39;S job was taken by some1 else, he woulnd&#39;t even start . . . how would he help our O-Line
    - J.Abe is the man, we all still love him . . . listen when you need a drink you need a drink ;) ;)

listen man, a lot of stuff happened to the team in the past 2 yrs, but they didn&#39;t suffer THAT much&#33; We&#39;re all positive b/c we are glad to see this team headed in the right direction and that&#39;s all that matters.

BJ aint the worst pick in franchise history.. not by a long shot.

[quote][b]Wayne&#39;s career ending injury (lets be honset...the guy is done)
    [/b][/quote]

Y does everyone want him done?? he was a the minicamp, he will do great this year
    will JMAC and Moss distracting the D he will have a good season

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    :ph34r: earth to the undrafted free agent....ge tyour head out of the clouds........Chad broke his wrist not his ankle.&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink: :blink:

We were in the playoffs two out of the last three years and won a division title........I look at this 2004 team and no one really knows how good they are gonna be but you would have to be insane not to be optimistic about the 2004 Jets.....if anyone does not think that we have become a better team then they are just an idiot...the key is to make this talent jell...I am optimistic that this team will surprise people this 2004 season. I look at the players we drafted last year and I look at this years draft...the difference is more speed and more needed areas....I honestly can see at leat 7 or 8 of our 10 picks possibly making this team.

Wrote ankle instead of wrist...should have checked the post before submitting.....

I am just saying ever since the Raider game in the playoff&#39;s, our franchise has been taking major steps back. But I feel the energy of the board now, the traditional posters (I really respect the football opinion of the regulars on this site...even some of the knowledgable Pats fans) have gotten back to the positivity we have missed since that Raiders game so long ago.

Over a yr of negativity beats you down and it&#39;s nice to see Bradway turning the Winfield situation into a positive offseason. We all thought the sky was falling after that debacle. We have a healthy young team, a positive draft and some new coaching blood and I for one am leaving the negativity behind and looking forward to the season.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    :unsure: :o :blink: :huh: :o :blink: :unsure: