Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vilma needs weight training

[quote][i]Originally posted by Boozer76[/i]@May 1 2004, 03:57 PM
    [b] Again, regardless of his weight, the kid (nor any rookie) will not be ready to handle MLB duties. The MLB is responsible for making sure the D is aligned properly, is responsible for recognizing plays and audibling, calls short coverage changes, shifts the DL, Changes LB's from zone to man, or calls off a blitz, or audlibles a blitz. Rookies need time at either the OLB position or nickel LB position to prepare them for this responsiblity. [/b][/quote]
    That all depends on the team, Milloy called the defensive signalls before last year, when it was Bruschi.

Vilma, will be fine this year at what ever weight. I think he will see action at WLB an Mlb is passing downs. I think he played at about 220 at Miami, When he and Taylor were together Taylor looked Bigger. Vilma is a smart guy and
    according to a Wilfork interview up here a student of the game that will watch film and listen and learn.

Lots of Mlb can play at 230, Brooks and Thomas are two that jump out at you, neither take on lineman and neither will Vilma. What I do think however is that Vilma will be best suited to a scheme where the Dline can keep the guards away from him. Drob should be able to hancle that but Evans to me is too much of a one gap player to help Vilma out.

Thomas and Brooks both have excelent big men playing in front, Chester,Bowens,Gardener, or Booger and Sapp. till the jets get the other 320 lb Dt i think Vilma's effectiveness will be lessened.

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by rsherryjr[/i]@May 1 2004, 03:12 PM
    [b] So again I would be more concerned with keeping your boy Wilfork away from McDonalds than Vilma's weight. [/b][/quote]
    How is he "my boy"? All he is to me is a rookie on the defending super bowl champs. Not the savior of our entire defense.

Patriot fans HATE the Vilma pick.

Why?

Because BB wanted him.

So now, Vilma is undersized, not fast enough, doesn't have the same speed with any added weight, the same usual Pastryhomerville SPINNING that goes on here day after day, after day.

Vilma would be a MACHINE had he been drafted by their boy, Butboy Belichick.

So tell us, does Wilfork have any problems?

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+May 1 2004, 04:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ May 1 2004, 04:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--rsherryjr[/i]@May 1 2004, 03:12 PM
    [b] So again I would be more concerned with keeping your boy Wilfork away from McDonalds than Vilma&#39;s weight. [/b][/quote]
    How is he "my boy"? [/b][/quote]
    Maybe because he&#39;s prominent in your signature :rolleyes:

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19[/i]@May 1 2004, 03:35 PM
    [b] Patriot fans HATE the Vilma pick.

Why?

Because BB wanted him.

So now, Vilma is undersized, not fast enough, doesn&#39;t have the same speed with any added weight, the same usual Pastryhomerville SPINNING that goes on here day after day, after day.

So tell us, does Wilfork have any problems? [/b][/quote]
    Dude, get a grip already. Nobody knows who BB wanted and who he didn&#39;t want for starters. Second of all, I have had the same opinion of Vilma since before the combine. Finally, I don&#39;t ever build up a rookie to the point some of you do.

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@May 1 2004, 03:38 PM
    [b]
    Maybe because he&#39;s prominent in your signature :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I&#39;ve had a chick with one tit and a cow doing kung fu in my signature before too, what&#39;s your point? :lol:

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+May 1 2004, 03:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ May 1 2004, 03:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -Thor99@May 1 2004, 03:29 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham[/i]@May 1 2004, 01:47 PM
    [b]

For the record, I wouldn&#39;t bet against him ... much better work ethic than Marvin Jones ... they didn&#39;t call Marvin "Shadetree" for nothing ... that was a nickname he earned at FSU cause he could always be found lying under some shadetree at practice ... it was a catchy nickname, but in retrospect that should have been the first red flag ... trust me on this one, you won&#39;t find Jon Vlima chillin under any shadetree&#39;s ;) [/b][/quote]
    That is just not true. Where did you come up with this?

He was called Shadetree because he was so big as a kid. He would always cast a big shadow. That&#39;s where he got the name from. [/b][/quote]
    Sorry Thor, this story has been well documented and I&#39;m certain others will step up to the table and confirm

Marvin was given the nickname "Shadetree" at FSU cause he could often be found chillin under the nearest shadetree at the FSU practice facility

Anyone wanna confirm this? [/b][/quote]
    What was interesting about Marvin Jones was that Bobby Bowden didn&#39;t play him full-time...he sghared snaps because, and I can&#39;t exactly remember why, he wasn&#39;t the sharpest knife in teh drawer or because he was injury prone. I can&#39;t recall

Banned
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19[/i]@May 1 2004, 04:35 PM

Why?

Because BB wanted him.

[/b][/quote]

RayRay- Get over it already.

BB wanted alot of guys. Such as Gallerey, Taylor, Hall, and Vilma.

If he wanted them that bad he would have traded up to get them.

No way BB would have [b]ever[/b] made the mistake like the Jets did last year in giving up so much for a player that has yet to pan out.

Give it a rest with the "Jets outsmarted the Pats". Even you colleagues are laughing at you. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+May 1 2004, 04:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ May 1 2004, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray Ray19[/i]@May 1 2004, 03:35 PM

Why?

Because BB wanted him.

So now, Vilma is undersized, not fast enough, doesn&#39;t have the same speed with any added weight, the same usual Pastryhomerville SPINNING that goes on here day after day, after day.

Dude, get a grip already. Nobody knows who BB wanted and who he didn&#39;t want for starters. Second of all, I have had the same opinion of Vilma since before the combine. Finally, I don&#39;t ever build up a rookie to the point some of you do. [/b][/quote]
    If you listen to the Peter King interview on WFAN, he says belibumbles was hoping Dunta fell to the Jets so that he could have traded up and taken Vilma around pick 14 or 15.

Is it true? I don&#39;t know but since King is belibumbles resident butt licker I tend to think that&#39;s probably the case.

Hey you guys again got who you wanted :rolleyes:

LOL, Patriot fans hate it even more when you mention that BB wanted Vilma and was hoping Robinson fell to the Jets.

You also KNOW they hate the pick because there is Denial everywhere.

Ray, you cherry-pick articles with the best of them. Why choose that one?

One had rumor of BB wanting the Jets to grab a CB so Vilma would be there for him. Whoopteedo&#33;

There were a lot of stories after the 1st round that say BB tried to trade up for Will Smith, with every team from the 8th pick up. I believe that as much as the Vilma rumor.

Then there was the infamous rumor with Detroit - trade up for Taylor for the 2 1st rd picks, plus a 2 + whatever. Yeah, right. Like that was ever gonna happen.

My point? BB always has smoke pouring from his warroom. Pick whichever one you want to support your decision. Knock yourself out. One day one of the rumors will be true....maybe :rolleyes:

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by pope[/i]@May 1 2004, 03:44 PM
    [b] If you listen to the Peter King interview on WFAN, he says belibumbles was hoping Dunta fell to the Jets so that he could have traded up and taken Vilma around pick 14 or 15.

Is it true? I don&#39;t know but since King is belibumbles resident butt licker I tend to think that&#39;s probably the case.

Hey you guys again got who you wanted :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    Whether we got the guy the Patrtiots wanted I don&#39;t know nor does it matter to me. I would think we could use a young player to fill in at NT much more than we need a LB though. It seems that RayRay is just obsessed with the Jets outdoing the Patriots in any way even if it&#39;s in a shirts and skins speedtyping contest.

[quote][i]Originally posted by pope+May 1 2004, 04:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (pope @ May 1 2004, 04:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -huskeralk@May 1 2004, 04:39 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--Ray Ray19[/i]@May 1 2004, 03:35 PM

Why?

Because BB wanted him.

Dude, get a grip already. Nobody knows who BB wanted and who he didn&#39;t want for starters. Second of all, I have had the same opinion of Vilma since before the combine. Finally, I don&#39;t ever build up a rookie to the point some of you do. [/b][/quote]
    If you listen to the Peter King interview on WFAN, he says belibumbles was hoping Dunta fell to the Jets so that he could have traded up and taken Vilma around pick 14 or 15.

Don&#39;t dare give them the facts, they&#39;ll STILL deny it.

:o

Bitter
    Those are facts? Hell, I guess I could say that actually the Jets wanted to trade up and take Eli Manning at number one too because they realize Pennington will never be a good qb and that would be fact too huh? Until I hear it come from the front office, it is all just speculation. But if it makes you feel better about things, keep scouring articles and interviews. :lol:

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk[/i]@May 1 2004, 04:56 PM
    [b] Those are facts? Hell, I guess I could say that actually the Jets wanted to trade up and take Eli Manning at number one too because they realize Pennington will never be a good qb and that would be fact too huh? Until I hear it come from the front office, it is all just speculation. But if it makes you feel better about things, keep scouring articles and interviews. :lol: [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m sure belibumbles will come out and say he wanted the kid who went to the Jets :lol:

Dude be serious, Peter King said it "AFTER THE DRAFT WAS OVER" so it wasn&#39;t some planted smokescreen by belly before the fact so that Wilfat would fall to him.

What motivation would King have in spilling out a fabrication like that especially considering his friendship with belibumbles?

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+May 1 2004, 04:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ May 1 2004, 04:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--pope[/i]@May 1 2004, 03:44 PM
    [b] If you listen to the Peter King interview on WFAN, he says belibumbles was hoping Dunta fell to the Jets so that he could have traded up and taken Vilma around pick 14 or 15.

Whether we got the guy the Patrtiots wanted I don&#39;t know nor does it matter to me. I would think we could use a young player to fill in at NT much more than we need a LB though. It seems that RayRay is just obsessed with the Jets outdoing the Patriots in any way even if it&#39;s in a shirts and skins speedtyping contest. [/b][/quote]
    When did I EVER say the Jets "outdid" the Patriots??

That just proves how obsessed YOU guys are into thinking eveyrthing BB touches turns into gold, and whatever he doesn&#39;t get his hands on, is just followed by some pro Patriot spin that BB really didn&#39;t want the guy that badly, and if he really wanted, he would have gotten his man.

THIS IS MY #1 problem with Pastryhomerville, they have become as POMPOUS and OBNOXIOUS as Phantasyland have been for all these years.

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+May 1 2004, 04:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ May 1 2004, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Ray Ray19[/i]@May 1 2004, 03:35 PM

Why?

Because BB wanted him.

Over 4600 posts since April 03 on a NY Jets board....Don&#39;t you have patsie fans to talk to? :wacko:

Bitter
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JETFAN1[/i]@May 1 2004, 04:01 PM
    [b]
    Over 4600 posts since April 03 on a NY Jets board....Don&#39;t you have patsie fans to talk to? :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    If you have to ask you&#39;ll never know, now run along rook.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+May 1 2004, 05:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ May 1 2004, 05:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--JETFAN1[/i]@May 1 2004, 04:01 PM
    [b]
    Over 4600 posts since April 03 on a NY Jets board....Don&#39;t you have patsie fans to talk to? :wacko: [/b][/quote]
    If you have to ask you&#39;ll never know, now run along rook.[/b][/quote]
    Correction..That was April 8 2003&#33;&#33; ;)

Veteran
    [quote][i]Originally posted by huskeralk+May 1 2004, 05:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (huskeralk @ May 1 2004, 05:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JETFAN1[/i]@May 1 2004, 04:01 PM
    [b]
    If you have to ask you&#39;ll never know, now run along rook. [/b][/quote]
    <_<