View Poll Results: who will win the best of 7 (semi-finals)

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers

4 40.00%
  • Spurs

6 60.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lakers or Spurs

Banned
    Spurs in 7

Can somebody explain why the Pistons have homecourt over the Nets when the Nets were the higher seed?

Banned
    Originally posted by JetsMan57@May 1 2004, 01:36 PM
    Can somebody explain why the Pistons have homecourt over the Nets when the Nets were the higher seed?
    No one wants to play in Jersey!

Originally posted by JetsMan57@May 1 2004, 02:36 PM
    Division winner is the higher seed for round 1 only. After that, the better record takes the homecourt.

All League
    Spurs in 6

All Pro
    Lakers in 6

Spurs in 5 or 6.

The Parker-Duncan combo is getting to be like the Stockton-Malone combo. I am shocked at how good Tony Parker has become. Spurs must be exstatic they didn't sign Kidd, as good as he is, for all that $$$$$$$&#036 ; last year. They have a guy who is just behind him, much younger and cheaper, and still have cap room.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I don't understand why everyone is writing off the Lakers. They lost ONE game in SA! Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Shaq or Kobe, but I just don't get how the Lakers are done.

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@May 5 2004, 08:05 PM
    I don't understand why everyone is writing off the Lakers. They lost ONE game in SA! Don't get me wrong, I can't stand Shaq or Kobe, but I just don't get how the Lakers are done.
    It's not a case of writing off the Lakers. It's a matter of the dominance the Spurs have shown. Shaq had his big game last night, but Parker played equally well, and did a decent job on Kobe (with lots of help.)

This fronting of Shaq is something that few teams try. Guess you can do it when you have 2 seven footers out there, and the other races over whenever there's a lob into the low box.

If the Lakers lose 1 game at home, this can be over by Game 5.

All Pro
    Not looking good for the Lakers. I agree with mbn. Lakers lose 1 at home and it's over.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm still not convinced it's over, in fact during that run, it looked like the Lakers would steal one away. I think LA will tell a diferent story. Damn, is Payton a fossil, or what?

All Pro
    They did have that nice run. Coming back from being down 19. These guys need to really step up and play their asses off.

Originally posted by JumbalayaJet@May 6 2004, 02:19 PM
    I'm still not convinced it's over, in fact during that run, it looked like the Lakers would steal one away. I think LA will tell a diferent story. Damn, is Payton a fossil, or what?
    Parker has outplayed him quite a bit. I think he's outscored Payton by a margin of like 50-15 in the 2 games. Payton sure does look old.

Spurs in 6. Tony P. Baby!

All Pro
    Originally posted by Knickerbocker@May 7 2004, 05:51 PM
    Spurs in 6. Tony P. Baby!
    What happened to Marbury? :lol:

Now it's T. Parker?

All Pro
    It's all tied up.

Kobe is just an amazing basketball player. To be able to play the way he did is just incredible. Especially after coming back from court in Colorado. Not just once, but llike 4 or 5 times he's had great games after coming back from Colorado.

All League
    Winner of Game 5 wins the series. I still think it'll be the Spurs.

Originally posted by Icer@May 12 2004, 03:07 PM
    Winner of Game 5 wins the series. I still think it'll be the Spurs.
    Agree. It's tough to come back from a 3-2 defecit. Rockets did it to the Knicks in the finals 10 years ago, but those 2 games were at home for them.

Now-a-days, real tough. Not impossible, but tough.

Spurs win tonite at home and next one on the road. What road you ask? The road to the championship&#33; Defense wins championships&#33; Spurs have the best defense in the world. Duncan will rise and all will fear&#33; Tony P. is the general leading is army into battle. Sixth man of the year (should have been) Manu will leave everyone in aw&#33; Malone, Peyton never see the court again&#33; Shaq and Kobe split, the dynasty is over&#33; Spurs rule the basketball planet&#33; <_< <_< <_< <_<

All Pro
    Originally posted by Ryno The Jet@May 13 2004, 03:07 PM
    Spurs win tonite at home and next one on the road. What road you ask? The road to the championship&#33; Defense wins championships&#33; Spurs have the best defense in the world. Duncan will rise and all will fear&#33; Tony P. is the general leading is army into battle. Sixth man of the year (should have been) Manu will leave everyone in aw&#33; Malone, Peyton never see the court again&#33; Shaq and Kobe split, the dynasty is over&#33; Spurs rule the basketball planet&#33; <_< <_< <_< <_<
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: