Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Look at this s**t

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    And also said he was a second round selection :blink:

FIRST-ROUND GRADE: B
    Age had caught up to the Jets in the 2003 season. A slow defensive team that did not have the ability to get into position to make plays, the Jets focused this offseason on improving their overall team speed. With the selection of Jonathan Vilma with the 12th pick in the first round, the Jets have acquired a playmaker from the inside linebacker position.

New York will need improved play from the defensive tackles, namely second-year pro Dewayne Robertson for Vilma and this Jets defense to be successful. Vilma has the speed, quickness, and awareness to play on the outside opposite newly acquired linebacker Eric Barton in New York.

OVERALL ANALYSIS
    With serious needs at linebacker and cornerback, the Jets did well with their selection of Jonathan Vilma. The Jets second-round selection of Derrick Strait is questionable and fourth round selection Adrian Jones may be the steal of the New York draft. Jones has the ability to compete at the highest level, only experience is holding back this offensive tackle.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by FlaJet023[/i]@May 1 2004, 08:16 PM
    [b] The Jets second-round selection of Derrick Strait ..... [/b][/quote]
    And this is what passes for expert analysis nowdays :rolleyes:

Any wonder why there are so few who cover football for a living who's opinions I actually respect

I've said this many times but it bares repeating ... many of the fans on this board offer far more in-depth analysis and opinions which are far more worth reading than your average media hack

The Mark Cannizaro's are the exception to the rule ... I don't always agree with MC but for the most part the man knows his football ... he's one of those rare football journalists who actually GETS IT

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@May 1 2004, 08:22 PM
    [b]
    The Mark Cannizaro's are the exception to the rule ... I don't always agree with MC but for the most part the man knows his football ... he's one of those rare football journalists who actually GETS IT [/b][/quote]
    GJ&H........Mark's my boy............stop by my tailgate some Sunday and I will introduce you to him.......... ;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@May 1 2004, 08:27 PM
    [b] GJ&H........Mark's my boy............stop by my tailgate some Sunday and I will introduce you to him.......... ;) [/b][/quote]
    Thanks JG ... I Gotta do that ... I love his column ... it's a must read

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham+May 1 2004, 09:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Green Jets & Ham @ May 1 2004, 09:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@May 1 2004, 08:27 PM
    [b] GJ&H........Mark&#39;s my boy............stop by my tailgate some Sunday and I will introduce you to him.......... ;) [/b][/quote]
    Thanks JG ... I Gotta do that ... I love his column ... it&#39;s a must read [/b][/quote]
    Sure.......lot&#39;s of people from here have met him by stopping by.......he usually comes after the pre-game radio show........

TomShane
    Mark Cannizaro is a morbidly fat piece of s**t who makes some of the most stomach-turning statements I have ever seen regarding the game of football. The man is so fat that he can no longer open his mouth without shifting his head back because his chins keep his lower jaw from moving downward.

He also has insanely thin skin: watch him this year start to rip Herm because of the limited media access, whereas last year he announced that Herm was a "top-5" coach in this league when Herm was giving Mark Cann-of-lardo total access.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane[/i]@May 1 2004, 09:08 PM
    [b] Mark Cannizaro is a morbidly fat piece of s**t who makes some of the most stomach-turning statements I have ever seen regarding the game of football. The man is so fat that he can no longer open his mouth without shifting his head back because his chins keep his lower jaw from moving downward.

He also has insanely thin skin: watch him this year start to rip Herm because of the limited media access, whereas last year he announced that Herm was a "top-5" coach in this league when Herm was giving Mark Cann-of-lardo total access. [/b][/quote]
    Ummm, no........Mark has lost alot of weight..........

TomShane
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+May 1 2004, 09:09 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ May 1 2004, 09:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane[/i]@May 1 2004, 09:08 PM
    [b] Mark Cannizaro is a morbidly fat piece of s**t who makes some of the most stomach-turning statements I have ever seen regarding the game of football. The man is so fat that he can no longer open his mouth without shifting his head back because his chins keep his lower jaw from moving downward.

He also has insanely thin skin: watch him this year start to rip Herm because of the limited media access, whereas last year he announced that Herm was a "top-5" coach in this league when Herm was giving Mark Cann-of-lardo total access. [/b][/quote]
    Ummm, no........Mark has lost alot of weight.......... [/b][/quote]
    Did his leg fall off?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by TomShane+May 1 2004, 09:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (TomShane @ May 1 2004, 09:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -jetgirl@May 1 2004, 09:09 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--TomShane[/i]@May 1 2004, 09:08 PM

Ummm, no........Mark has lost alot of weight.......... [/b][/quote]
    Did his leg fall off? [/b][/quote]
    <_<

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ha ha ha ha TOM SHANE is a tripp he always make me laugh&#33; :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@May 1 2004, 08:09 PM
    [b] Ummm, no........Mark has lost alot of weight.......... [/b][/quote]
    Sure....he&#39;s down to an even ton.

Saw him in a NYC restaurant a few weeks ago. If he lost weight shudder to imagine what he looked like before. The man is HUGE.