Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: Herman Edwards comments on upcoming changes

  1. #61
    Maxman
    Guest
    [quote][i]Originally posted by patsfanken[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:00 AM
    [b] If I were a Jets fan, I'd find this kind of statement extremely embarassing. WTF, Herm has been a head coach for FOUR FREAKING YEARS, and THIS is the year he's finally going to address how to handle Time Outs. :blink:

    BB has proven you can have the charisma of a door post, but if you are properly organized and put players in the best position to make plays, they will follow you right to a superbowl. [/b][/quote]
    I want to address 2 points that you made.

    First clock management has been a problem in the past. So what should Herm do exactly? Deny it? Apparently they had too many people in the loop and it cost them. So they are changing this. It obviously took too long to correct, 1 year is to long. But he has had success as a Head Coach in the past so I wouldn't say he has anything to be embarrased about.

    Also you brought up BB. What were they saying about BB after 3 years? He was yet to have a winning record. After 3 years it was all in doubt. You are comparing Herm's first go round with BB's second. Big difference. Now I am hoping that Herm improves this team and he stays around for a while. But it is not an apples to apples comparison that you made.

  2. #62
    Maxman
    Guest
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 2 2004, 01:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 2 2004, 01:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TerryBadway[/i]@May 2 2004, 01:49 PM
    [b]

    Savage is an intense Herm hater, and there&#39;s literally nothing anyone could say positive about the man without Savage classifying "Said poster" with the hermophile, hermaphrodite :lol: label.

    [/b][/quote]

    As a Pats fan, some of the best readings on this board are the Pro and Anti Herm threads.

    I think to call savage a "Herm Hater" is a little harsh. I think he questions Herms ability to be a "successful" coach in the NFL and pretty clearly states why he feels like that.

    More importantly, savage has consistently stated the "facts" in presenting his opinion on Hermy. [/b][/quote]
    There are many Herm haters here. And with some of them I question the reasons why. I really do.

    Not Savage. His feelings are all based on football IMO. When Herm gets the Jets off to a fast start and the Jets prove everyone wrong this season, Savage will be the 1st one to admit that he was wrong.

  3. #63
    TomShane
    Guest
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Maxman+May 3 2004, 12:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Maxman @ May 3 2004, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> [quote]Originally posted by -PatsFanTX@May 2 2004, 01:55 PM
    [b] <!--QuoteBegin--TerryBadway[/i]@May 2 2004, 01:49 PM
    [b]

    Savage is an intense Herm hater, and there&#39;s literally nothing anyone could say positive about the man without Savage classifying "Said poster" with the hermophile, hermaphrodite :lol: label.

    [/b][/quote]

    As a Pats fan, some of the best readings on this board are the Pro and Anti Herm threads.

    I think to call savage a "Herm Hater" is a little harsh. I think he questions Herms ability to be a "successful" coach in the NFL and pretty clearly states why he feels like that.

    More importantly, savage has consistently stated the "facts" in presenting his opinion on Hermy. [/b][/quote]
    There are many Herm haters here. And with some of them I question the reasons why. I really do.

    Not Savage. His feelings are all based on football IMO. When Herm gets the Jets off to a fast start and the Jets prove everyone wrong this season, Savage will be the 1st one to admit that he was wrong. [/b][/quote]
    What&#39;re ya tryin&#39; to say, Max?

    [img]http://www.tulsareparations.org/images/freport_46_0001.jpg[/img]

  4. #64
    Maxman
    Guest
    TS:
    Not with everyone and certainly not with Savage. But with some other people....maybe just a small percentage, yes.

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    9,516
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+May 2 2004, 12:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ May 2 2004, 12:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--YoungJetsFan[/i]@May 2 2004, 12:05 PM
    [b]I rip all head coaches, Noone is off limits. Not even the almighty Parcells or Belichick. They make mistakes too. I ripped Belichick for calls he made during the superbowl.

    [/b][/quote]
    And I rip them also YJF..But you&#39;ll end your criticism of Herm with
    a "But he did things the the Tuna couldn&#39;t do, 2 playoff years"&#33;&#33;
    Lets keep in mind when ALL the Hermophiles compare their Faulty
    Hero Herm to BB or Tuna that those Guys have SB rings, Hermie
    does not...Some of you act like Hermie is in their League..He&#39;s not&#33; [/b][/quote]
    your right he doesn&#39;t have Super Bowl rings and he doesn&#39;t leave his team high and dry either - If Mr. Hess were still alive Parcells would still be here - but he "retired" for the 3rd time and then found paradise in Dallas -

    Herm is not in their league - he is loyal and will stick with us in teh good and the bad times&#33;&#33;&#33;

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us