Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hackett already making excuses

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Ray Ray19[/i]@May 2 2004, 09:05 AM
    [b] In two days we've already seen a "no-nonsense" approach by Henderson. He too realizes the transition ahead, but isn't making any excuses.

[/b][/quote]
    the transition ahead

the transition ahead

the transition ahead

the transition ahead....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz................

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@May 2 2004, 08:28 AM
    [b] Hackett's act got old, real quick. Why he's still even here, is beyond me. [/b][/quote]
    Becasue Herm needs a scapegoat at the end of the season if the team falters this year.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hack-Meat is still here becuase Chad begged for him to be here, Period. Currnetly it is in Chad we trust and Herm simply didn't feel the situation was so atrocious that he had to fire Hack-Meat if his most important offensive player would go to war for him. But this is Hack-Meats last go round if the offense does not perform and no that isn't an excuse for Herm just the facts. Remember only one coach got the thing right last year cause only won coach won and that my friends is the bottom line.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get all this hatred for Paul Hackett.

I've defended this guy before on this site and presented a solid argument for him in the past.

It doesn't matter, The perception is that Hackett is not a good offensive coordinator. I disagree.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said and Yes, Hackett has flaws but The Jets offense has not been a problem area since he's been here.

The defense has but not the offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just so tired of Hackett -making excuses before we even practice in mini-camp.
    Every team in the league has turnover every year due to the salary cap-you play to the strengths of your team-this guy does not get it-it is easy to see why U.S.C got rid of him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl[/i]@May 2 2004, 09:18 AM
    [b]
    What makes you think Penny is going to regress anytime soon? [/b][/quote]

Did you happen to watch his performance last year?

You don't call that a regression from 2002? :blink:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 2 2004, 03:03 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 2 2004, 03:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetgirl[/i]@May 2 2004, 09:18 AM
    [b]
    What makes you think Penny is going to regress anytime soon? [/b][/quote]

Did you happen to watch his performance last year?

You don&#39;t call that a regression from 2002? :blink: [/b][/quote]
    Uh - He was injured and missed like half the season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by petejet[/i]@May 2 2004, 11:15 AM
    [b]
    Uh - He was injured and missed like half the season. [/b][/quote]

Uh, he played in 10 games.

He did not miss half the season.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 2 2004, 03:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 2 2004, 03:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--petejet[/i]@May 2 2004, 11:15 AM
    [b]
    Uh - He was injured and missed like half the season. [/b][/quote]

Uh, he played in 10 games.

He did not miss half the season. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah and he sat out like 6-7 weeks prior. What QB comes back crisp from a layoff like that?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, I was reading the paper and was thinking the same thing. The word [b] Predictable[/b] has been coming up often when describing last years offense. Not sure if I&#39;m reading between the lines here but Chad doesn&#39;t seem to be as reluctant as he was last season defending Hackett&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    A-hole Hackett has been here 4 years, and apparently thinks (based on how they&#39;ve allowed him to stay) that he&#39;ll get that pension gold watch from Woddy some 16 years hence. This guy shouldn&#39;t be here. And if he is still here, he shouldn&#39;t talk to the press. How can you allow this built-in negative excuse nonsense to perisst? EDWARDS-Want to earn instant respect of players, fans and media-FIRE HIS SORRY ASS.

Just let Pennington call the plays and give the POS a Micky Mouse watch and a one-way ticket outta here. ENOUGH.

The verb "GEL" is already on the back of his toungue. EEF HIM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jetgirl+May 2 2004, 09:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (jetgirl @ May 2 2004, 09:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--nyjunc[/i]@May 2 2004, 09:23 AM
    [b] The man knows he&#39;s on the hot seat and is looking for some excuses in case it takes some time. I don&#39;t believe this O should take time to get it going, we have a new G who got a chance to play late in the year and a new WR in the starting lineup. W/ Chad&#39;s health this O should be very good from Week 1, Paul knows w/ a mediocre year he is done and his days of folling people into hiring him may be over :D [/b][/quote]
    NYJunc......how did you get your avatar to flash like that? I want that......... :( [/b][/quote]
    A person I know did it for me. If you send me some pics you want in your avatar I can give them to him and he can make you one.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here&#39;s the totally insane part ... TOTALLY INSANE

The man has seen one significant addition on his side of the ball ... ONE ... One friggin change&#33;&#33;

One massive upgrade at WR, Justin McCareins for Curtis Conway ... the man should be thanking his lucky stars&#33;&#33;

Can you even imagine if we had drafted Kellen Winslow ... replaced Anthony Becht with Kellen Winslow ... Hackett would be having a heart-attack ... instead of thanking his lucky stars, he would view that as a reason for needing an additional two years to Gel

And don&#39;t give me this &#036;hit about a change at OG ... that is pure unadulterated horse&#036;hit ... we should be so lucky to have had a change there as well ... but alas we are still stuck with Brent Smith as a starter, and Brandon Moore {who started down the stretch last year} has been in the fold for a few years

So they switched OG posiitons ... BIG FRIGGIN DEAL ... GIMMIE A FRIGGIN BREAK ... THAT IS NOT A CHANGE EVEN WORTH MENTIONING&#33;&#33;

But Hackmeat will take any excuse he can hang his hat on ... the man is Grasping at absolute straws&#33;&#33;

As faba said, in this era of the salary cap EVERY TEAM will have changes on each side of the ball from year-to-year ... one or two is the minimum ... THE MINIMUM&#33;&#33;&#33;

So according to Hackett, this offense will always need time to Gel ... ALWAYS ... EVERY YEAR ... LIKE CLOCKWORK&#33;&#33;

According to Hackett his declaration about the WCO needing 3 years to master was assuming you kept EVERY LAST PLAYER IN PLACE for the entire three years ... NOT ONE CHANGE ... every man on offense needs to remain the same in order for his @&#036;&#036;-Backwards "THREE YEAR RULE" to apply

Bottom Line: This man is an EXCUSE MAKER ... this man emerged from the womb seeking excuses to fail ... and the sad part is, he is very likely infesting his unit with the very same mentality ... hey, it follow the leader ... if the OC says we may struggle early, who are his players to argue

How does Chad Pennington {the ultimate optimist} even tolerate this clown, much less support him?

How does a mans man like Curtis Martin not wanna strangle this loser when he makes comments like this?

I kid you not, I would have paid money to see Paul Hackett try this &#036;hit with Buddy Ryan or Vince Lombardi on the sidelines ... either man would have slapped him silly ... certainly Buddy Ryan would have cold-cocked the ba&#036;tard

Buddy Ryan would have been like ... hey STFU Hackett and stop with the excuses, or I will drop you like a bad habit&#33;&#33;

It&#39;s amazing what a BAD VIBE this man can create everytime he opens his mouth ... Bradway was just saying the other day how pleased he was with the positive energy surrounding this team ... even the fans felt it ... leave it to Hackett to toss cold water on everyone&#39;s enthusiasm ... CAN&#39;T HAVE THAT, Hackett says ... CAN&#39;T FEEL A SENSE OF OPTIMISM ... CAN&#39;T HAVE THOSE HIGH EXPECTATIONS ... NO SIREE, BOB ... NOT ON MY WATCH&#33;&#33;

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@May 2 2004, 06:07 AM
    [b] Why does this born loser always have to give himself, and everyone around him, a built-in excuse to fail?

Donnie Henderson has been here for two days ... his unit has seen a massive turnover in personnel ... yet you don&#39;t here him talkin like his counterpart on offense

I was very critical of the DH hire initially ... felt we lost out on some really solid candidates ... but in retrospect I could not be more impressed with his approach, philosphy, the whole kit & kaboodle

As for Hackett, Vince Lombardi would have slapped the living &#036;hit out of this man a thousand times over had he ever been forced to endure even five minutes of his incessant whining, CYA mentality, and his never-ending search for a built-in excuse to fail

The thing I hate most about Hackett is just the BAD VIBE he brings to a team with his bull&#036;hit ... this man lives to find excuses to fail

If Hackett is any indication, he makes it so much easier to understand why Buddy Ryan was always lookin to smack the living &#036;hit out of offensive coordinators [/b][/quote]
    i have to say, Ham, i agree with a lot of what you&#39;re saying here.

when i read his comments, i wracking my brain trying to figure out if there was some strategic reason for what he was saying. like motivating players, or throwing off opponents, or whatever. but i really couldn&#39;t think of any good reason to be so negative. it&#39;s gotta be a downer for the players, hearing their coach talk like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gaffneycatch[/i]@May 2 2004, 01:40 PM
    [b]when i read his comments, i wracking my brain trying to figure out if there was some strategic reason for what he was saying. like motivating players, or throwing off opponents, or whatever. but i really could think of any good reason to be so negative. it&#39;s gotta be a downer for the players, hearing their coach talk like that.[/b][/quote]
    If I&#39;m HC Hackett&#39;s out on his Butt for that comment..Although if
    I&#39;m HC no way would he have been here in the first place&#33;&#33; :lol:
    And Chad wouldn&#39;t say anything Bad about anyone&#33;&#33; If he had the
    Power to keep anyone here it would have been Coles not Hackett&#33; :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by gaffneycatch[/i]@May 2 2004, 01:40 PM
    [b]

when i read his comments, i wracking my brain trying to figure out if there was some strategic reason for what he was saying. like motivating players, or throwing off opponents, or whatever. but i really could think of any good reason to be so negative. it&#39;s gotta be a downer for the players, hearing their coach talk like that. [/b][/quote]

Maybe it&#39;s because of Parcells and Belichick, but why would Hermy even let his coaches speak directly to the media?

Hackett&#39;s comments should be an embarassment to the entire Jets organization.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All you need to know about Paolo Hackette is that he was the ONLY coach EVER fired by the late, great Tom Landry. In all his years of coaching Landry never fired one coach except this genius Hackette.

Just on that little piece of information Hackette should not have been hired by any organization after that.. Just on principal. THat has to set off alarms all over the place.

Paul Hackette is the kind of loser where if he was running the AFC Pro Bowl offense he would still warn his fanbase&#39;s optimism just incase by if any chance he fails he wont look like a complete jackass and he could say "I told you so. We needed time to gel."

This guy is a total BI-ATCH.

Fire this humanoid.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMan57[/i]@May 2 2004, 02:05 PM
    [b] All you need to know about Paolo Hackette is that he was the ONLY coach EVER fired by the late, great Tom Landry. In all his years of coaching Landry never fired one coach except this genius Hackette.

Just on that little piece of information Hackette should not have been hired by any organization after that.. Just on principal. THat has to set off alarms all over the place.

Paul Hackette is the kind of loser where if he was running the AFC Pro Bowl offense he would still warn his fanbase&#39;s optimism just incase by if any chance he fails he wont look like a complete jackass and he could say "I told you so. We needed time to gel."

Fire this humanoid. [/b][/quote]
    He was probably spewing his bull&#036;hit about needing time to Gel

No doubt Landry told him to take all the time he needs ... on someone elses team

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMan57[/i]@May 2 2004, 01:05 PM
    [b] All you need to know about Paolo Hackette is that he was the ONLY coach EVER fired by the late, great Tom Landry. In all his years of coaching Landry never fired one coach except this genius Hackette.

Fire this humanoid. [/b][/quote]
    Couldn&#39;t have said it better myself&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@May 2 2004, 05:46 PM
    [b]
    Hackett&#39;s comments should be an embarassment to the entire Jets organization. [/b][/quote]
    Hackett himself is an embarassment to the the entire organization. You know with all what appears to be a very positive off season I was starting to feel really good. Then I remembered Hackett and that broughgt me right down to earth.