Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 76 of 76

Thread: Hackett already making excuses

  1. #61
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,460
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX+May 2 2004, 08:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (PatsFanTX @ May 2 2004, 08:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--petejet[/i]@May 2 2004, 04:27 PM
    [b]
    So I suppose the fact that he was inacative for 6-7 weeks prior to that and that any chemistry that might have been developed prior to the injury was erased doesn&#39;t matter? [/b][/quote]

    That&#39;s just another example of a lame excuse.

    If he wasn&#39;t ready to comeback when he did, the Jets should have stuck with Vinny (hell, he probably would have won the Eagle game where Pennington threw that costly INT).

    And what the hell does "chemistry" have to do with anything?

    Maybe his "timing" might have been off a bit, but then again, good QB&#39;s work through that. [/b][/quote]
    Timing/chemistry same thing. You are wrong, period. It takes time to get back into game shape. Why did he come back? Because he is the starting QB, that&#39;s why. Why does a Pats fan spend the better part of his Sunday trolling a Jets message board?

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 2 2004, 04:35 PM
    [b] Can&#39;t wait for Cindy to go on the DL for a lengthy time.

    Then you frigin Boston Pukes can talk&#33;&#33;


    [/b][/quote]

    Why would that matter to anything?

    All Jet fans claim Brady is just the beneficary of a great "system" and that any QB can step in and make it work as QB of the Pats.

    BTW JonE, did you hear they are calling Rohan Davey the "Pennington with an arm" QB in NFLE? :lol: :lol: :lol:

  3. #63
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@May 2 2004, 04:41 PM
    [b]
    All Jet fans claim Brady is just the beneficary of a great "system" and that any QB can step in and make it work as QB of the Pats.

    [/b][/quote]
    Now Tex you know that isn&#39;t True&#33;&#33; I think Brady would have
    worked his way to be a number 1 on most Teams&#33; Where he lucked
    out was being in the perfect place to show what he could do with a
    Super Staff early in his Career..Your not implying that he would have
    done as well with a bottom feeding Team are you?? ;) :rolleyes:

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    41,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    PFT, have to disagree ... I despise excuses but some excuses are valid

    It&#39;s like the old saying ... Just cause you&#39;re paranoid that doesn&#39;t mean someone isn&#39;t out to get you :ph34r:

    But all kidding aside, CP did not only miss half the regular season, he also missed half of training camp as well ... he fractured his hand very early in camp {first or second preseason game}

    That is an eternity for a QB to sit out ... most of the time in a cast, so he couldn&#39;t even get any reps

    No QB could endure that much missed time and be expected to waltz into the regular season without missing a beat ... with everyone else around him in mid-season form

    This is one of those "LEGITIMATE EXCUSES"

  5. #65
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@May 2 2004, 05:08 PM
    [b]PFT, have to disagree ... I despise excuses but some excuses are valid

    It&#39;s like the old saying ... Just cause you&#39;re paranoid that doesn&#39;t mean someone isn&#39;t out to get you :ph34r:

    But all kidding aside, CP did not only miss half the regular season, he also missed half of training camp as well ... he fractured his hand very early in camp {first or second preseason game}

    That is an eternity for a QB to sit out ... most of the time in a cast, so he couldn&#39;t even get any reps

    No QB could endure that much missed time and be expected to waltz into the regular season without missing a beat ... with everyone else around him in mid-season form

    This is one of those "LEGITIMATE EXCUSES"[/b][/quote]
    Actually Ham..Last year we had 5 preseason games..Chad
    was hurt in the second to last one with the Giants by their
    LB&#39;er Short&#33;&#33; The Next game Herm didn&#39;t give Vinny any work
    against Philly because they weren&#39;t going to play their starters&#33;
    So Vinny started the Regular Season with just 1 series in the
    Whole preseason and no play under fire since the year before
    vs the Jags&#33;&#33; ;)

  6. #66
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    11,462
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by savage69+May 2 2004, 09:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (savage69 @ May 2 2004, 09:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Green Jets & Ham[/i]@May 2 2004, 05:08 PM
    [b]PFT, have to disagree ... I despise excuses but some excuses are valid

    It&#39;s like the old saying ... Just cause you&#39;re paranoid that doesn&#39;t mean someone isn&#39;t out to get you :ph34r:

    But all kidding aside, CP did not only miss half the regular season, he also missed half of training camp as well ... he fractured his hand very early in camp {first or second preseason game}

    That is an eternity for a QB to sit out ... most of the time in a cast, so he couldn&#39;t even get any reps

    No QB could endure that much missed time and be expected to waltz into the regular season without missing a beat ... with everyone else around him in mid-season form

    This is one of those "LEGITIMATE EXCUSES"[/b][/quote]
    Actually Ham..Last year we had 5 preseason games..Chad
    was hurt in the second to last one with the Giants by their
    LB&#39;er Short&#33;&#33; The Next game Herm didn&#39;t give Vinny any work
    against Philly because they weren&#39;t going to play their starters&#33;
    So Vinny started the Regular Season with just 1 series in the
    Whole preseason and no play under fire since the year before
    vs the Jags&#33;&#33; ;) [/b][/quote]
    I actually ripped Herm and Andy Reid for that one. Herm got a little scared because of what happened to Chad, the week before.

    Reid&#39;s Eagles got off to a horrible start last year and in week 1, They got blasted by The Bucs in week one.

    The Jets lost a close game in Washington by a field goal.

    I totally disagreed with that move but I understood, the reasoning behind it because both teams didn&#39;t want to suffer any more injuries. The Eagles if I am not mistaken, had lost their first round pick Jerome McDougle and Derrick Burgess to injury in the preseason.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham[/i]@May 2 2004, 05:08 PM
    [b]

    No QB could endure that much missed time and be expected to waltz into the regular season without missing a beat ... with everyone else around him in mid-season form

    This is one of those "LEGITIMATE EXCUSES" [/b][/quote]

    Ham, to a point I will agree with you.

    You could probably give him the benefit of a doubt for his first three starts back after the injury.

    But he did start [b]9 games[/b].

    Are you trying to imply his performance in week 15 was because of the injury? ;)

    Face the facts, Pennington was not the same QB in 2003 as he was in 2002.

  8. #68
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by YoungJetsFan[/i]@May 2 2004, 05:21 PM
    [b]I totally disagreed with that move but I understood, the reasoning behind it because both teams didn&#39;t want to suffer any more injuries. The Eagles if I am not mistaken, had lost their first round pick Jerome McDougle and Derrick Burgess to injury in the preseason.[/b][/quote]
    Your doing Revisionist History YJF&#33;&#33; Look at ALL NFL Teams and
    as the Season gets closer the regulars get more work not less
    as the Pre season goes on..Vinny wanted the Work but Herms EGO
    wouldn&#39;t let him start any regulars against the Eagles second
    Team&#33;&#33; We needed Vinny with some Hostile playing Time, 2nd
    team D or not&#33;&#33; I could care less what Reid thought&#33;&#33; <_<

  9. #69
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    36,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    It&#39;s a VERY interesting argument....

    Play Vinny in PS Game #5 and maybe he gets some of the rust off and plays better in RS Games #1-4.....

    OR

    Play Vinny in PS Game #5 and maybe he re-tears his achillies and we start the season with Bollinger as our #1 QB with some loser vet still without a team (at that point) trying to learn our O in time to help out...

    I don&#39;t think it was eqo Sav, I think it was pure, unadaultered, dirty FEAR&#33; FEAR of losing his #2 QB right after losing his #1, and going into the season with nothing, and no chance ot succeed.

    Oh, and Sav, before you discount Hackett&#39;s roile in who plays, you should know that many a coach gives the OC a MAJOR amount of flexabillity in deciding who starts and who plays on O. The player in quesion would have to be OBviously and amazingly better than the player being played for the HC to step in and "order" the other player to play, if it is against the OC&#39;s wishes.

    I&#39;m not saying this is the case on the Jets, because I honestly have no idea of what goes on in team Coaching meetngs, and who&#39;s feeings mandate the lack of Jordan playing time. But neither do you, unless you recently got a job with the Jets Staff (of course, with my track record of ****e-talk lately, you probably HAVE just gotton such a job, LOL&#33;)

    All I am saying, is it IS possible that Hackett is the reason behind Jordans lack of time, not Herm (or at least not DIRECTLY Herm).

  10. #70
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    42,597
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Warfish[/i]@May 2 2004, 05:59 PM
    [b]It&#39;s a VERY interesting argument....

    Play Vinny in PS Game #5 and maybe he gets some of the rust off and plays better in RS Games #1-4.....

    OR

    Play Vinny in PS Game #5 and maybe he re-tears his achillies and we start the season with Bollinger as our #1 QB with some loser vet still without a team (at that point) trying to learn our O in time to help out...

    I don&#39;t think it was eqo Sav, I think it was pure, unadaultered, dirty FEAR&#33; FEAR of losing his #2 QB right after losing his #1, and going into the season with nothing, and no chance ot succeed.

    Oh, and Sav, before you discount Hackett&#39;s roile in who plays, you should know that many a coach gives the OC a MAJOR amount of flexabillity in deciding who starts and who plays on O. The player in quesion would have to be OBviously and amazingly better than the player being played for the HC to step in and "order" the other player to play, if it is against the OC&#39;s wishes.

    I&#39;m not saying this is the case on the Jets, because I honestly have no idea of what goes on in team Coaching meetngs, and who&#39;s feeings mandate the lack of Jordan playing time. But neither do you, unless you recently got a job with the Jets Staff (of course, with my track record of ****e-talk lately, you probably HAVE just gotton such a job, LOL&#33;)

    All I am saying, is it IS possible that Hackett is the reason behind Jordans lack of time, not Herm (or at least not DIRECTLY Herm).[/b][/quote]
    If that was True Warfish Chad would have started in Herms
    first Year because Hackett knew Vinnys Rep and knew Chad
    had the smarts for his offense where Vinny didn&#39;t..Here&#39;s a
    shock for you..Vinny and Hackett never liked each other but
    Vinny played cause Herm like Vinny&#33; Nice try though&#33;&#33; ;) :lol:
    And I agree about the Fear Factor with Herm&#33;&#33; He Fears everything
    but losing his Job&#33;&#33; If goes 1-15 he&#39;ll probley be both GM and Owner
    next year&#33;&#33; :lol:

  11. #71
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 2 2004, 08:35 PM
    [b]

    Until then Tex....go chew on a penis&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    [color=blue]ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

    <span style='color:red'>Exactly&#33;&#33; that&#39;s the only thing to really say to jackass from Texas.[/color]
    Steers & Queers</span>

  12. #72
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Pembroke Pines, Florida
    Posts
    5,937
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JetsMan57[/i]@May 2 2004, 08:57 AM
    [b] Hackett supposedly runs one of the most complex WCO&#39;s in the league which takes time for newcomers to grasp.

    Watching the games you&#39;d never see the complexity of his offense. Its the same five plays over and over again.

    What do these newcomers have to learn? How to block on a 3rd and 10 draw?

    Tough stuff. [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s really no that complicated at all, I mean afterall, he doesn&#39;t even incorporate a shotgun offense for the JETS when all the fans keep wondering why and the reason is because he likes to keep a simple offense and it&#39;s actually too much for him.

  13. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by tooljet[/i]@May 2 2004, 06:23 PM
    [b] Exactly&#33;&#33; that&#39;s the only thing to really say to jackass from Texas.[/color]
    Steers & Queers[/color] [/b][/quote]

    Hey tool,

    How do you make it through life with that shallow sense of humor?

    I&#39;ll bet you cried like a baby when you heard the "Why did the chicken cross the street"?

    You&#39;re a funny guy. :blink:

  14. #74
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2,946
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by JonEJet[/i]@May 2 2004, 04:35 PM
    [b] Can&#39;t wait for Cindy to go on the DL for a lengthy time.

    Then you frigin Boston Pukes can talk&#33;&#33;


    Until then Tex....go chew on a penis&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Well put&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; ;)

  15. #75
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,506
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:26 PM
    [b]

    I&#39;ll bet you cried like a baby when you heard the "Why did the chicken cross the street"?

    You&#39;re a funny guy. :blink: [/b][/quote]
    OK, Tex, you want dry wit:

    Q: What did the Zen Buddhist say to the hot dog vendor?

    A: Make me one with everything&#33;


    Pretty funny, hey?

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Westchester County, NY
    Posts
    3,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by PatsFanTX[/i]@May 2 2004, 01:46 PM
    [b] Maybe it&#39;s because of Parcells and Belichick, but why would Hermy even let his coaches speak directly to the media?

    Hackett&#39;s comments should be an embarassment to the entire Jets organization. [/b][/quote]
    Why not? Just because Parcells and Belichick have a way of doing things with the press...doesn&#39;t mean it&#39;s right or everyone should follow. Other teams do let their assist coaches speak for themselves you know and I enjoy hearing from them. You get a better idea of what is going on with the team-- is everyone on the same page? are there problems? etc.

    In this case, once again it shows Hackett is not on the same page ;) I agree with GJ&H and others-- everything&#39;s been positive coming out of Jets camp from Herm and Henderson, and then THUD...there&#39;s Hackett again talking about things taking time and pretty much saying &#39;don&#39;t expect too much&#39;...training camp hasn&#39;t even started, WTF? Again, like GJ&H said-- there weren&#39;t significant changes in his area. Yes we got JMac but damn that should be an indication that things will go smoother, faster.

    It just seems like Hackett is holding the Jets back. Maybe to keep his job, like to make them think he&#39;s needed around longer? At least Herm is taking a more aggressive approach in overlooking the offense and making changes-- faster huddles, Chad calling....I like what Herm is saying so far this offseason.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us