Thread: I'm still curious. The guys' Josh Evans said

Hall Of Fame
    I hate to say it, but I think Mo Lewis was the cancer all along. I think with his bad attitude out of the equation, is going to be a huge plus this year for the defense.

Let me say, I don't know for sure it was Lewis, but it was [i]somebody[/i]. Somebody was toxic in that locker room, and since he's been here for so long, and for so long they have been inept and looking bored...

We'll see this year.

I really don't think it was Mo - if it was one of the Lbs I would lean more towards Marvin Joves than Mo... Mo always struck me as a professional...

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@May 2 2004, 09:41 AM
    [b] I hate to say it, but I think Mo Lewis was the cancer all along. I think with his bad attitude out of the equation, is going to be a huge plus this year for the defense.

Let me say, I don't know for sure it was Lewis, but it was [i]somebody[/i]. Somebody was toxic in that locker room, and since he's been here for so long, and for so long they have been inept and looking bored...

We'll see this year. [/b][/quote]
    My understanding is that is was a number of Vets, not just one.

Sometimes guys lose their spark. Doesn't make them bad guys, it just makes them guys that need to be cut.

And they were.

Time to move on...

I would say one of them was Chester M.

[quote][i]Originally posted by Manny B[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:15 AM
    [b] I would say one of them was Chester M. [/b][/quote]
    I would say that you are correct.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[quote][i]Originally posted by Jet-Zeppelin+May 2 2004, 09:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Jet-Zeppelin @ May 2 2004, 09:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Manny B[/i]@May 2 2004, 10:15 AM
    [b] I would say one of them was Chester M. [/b][/quote]
    I would say that you are correct.[/b][/quote]
    Somebody woke him up in time to Laugh?? :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Chester&#39;s too easy. The level of toxicity in that locker room spanned a period of time way before fat body arrived here.

i hate to say it but if this team had the kellen winslow mentality id actually feel a little better.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You gotta have players on your team that act like "soldiers".

Losing has to be treated like death. If you lose, a part of you dies. Every game has to be treated like war.

Mo Lewis and Marvin Jones were very good linebackers for The Jets but The fire, passion and talent were gone and it was time to move on.

You know, most of us work our asses off to make our paltry salries compared to these guys. Professional sports athletes have no excuse not to play every second as though it will be their last for fear of losing their jobs, much as we ordinary joe shmoe&#39;s do. The problem here was there was nobody waiting in the wings to replace them. If we had the depth we have now, surely these guys would have been sit or cut. There has to be competition to motivate these old veterans and they got comfortable and complacent.

I blame the CS for this equally as I do the players themselves. Fat Teddy was more worried about his Fredericks catalog and his bra than his players laughing after getting their asses kicked. Hackett sits upstairs and is equally clueless. Edwards should have taken these guys aside and read them the riot act.

With this infusion of new young talent, Ithis should not happen this time aroud, but if it does, HE must take the fall, period. As one NFL player put it, it is a priviledge to play in the NFL, not a right.

Hall Of Fame
    Jones and Lewis were like the veteran guys at a factory who do their job well, but also understand they dont need to bust their ass to get by...they will get their paycheck anyway. Having these young guys in are good because they feel the harder the work, the more promotions and money they will get. Difference here is that in the factory it dont always work like that, where in football it generally does.

this is a completely unfounded rumor but i heard that one of the laughers was Ty Carter... which would explain why he was unceremoniously let go despite having a semi-decent season.

Come on now, none of you have a clue which player(s) were of the guilty party. Stop with the witchhunt. WE&#39;ll never know.

Rookie
    [quote][i]Originally posted by MachineGunFunk[/i]@May 2 2004, 12:53 PM
    [b] Come on now, none of you have a clue which player(s) were of the guilty party. Stop with the witchhunt. WE&#39;ll never know. [/b][/quote]
    but we can guess...

And my guess is Garnes and Beasley. Maybe, but I doubt C Conway.

There have we gone over everybody that was cut?

TomShane
    Mo Lewis was a coach-killer and a cancer.

When I first pointed this out, I was lynched by many of you scumbags.

Let me know when they have "Mo Lewis Day" at the Meadowlands, will you?