Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: Scottish Jet & other "soccer" fans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say this guy is the best in England:

[img]http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20040501/040501200104.cbqoktua2b.jpg[/img]

Arsenal's Thierry Henry. His shot is like it's fired out of a cannon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Must admit I don't watch much soccer these days. I don't get MSG up here in MA, but I could get Fox Sports World if I wanted it but our cable bill is high enough. I am going to the Celtic V Liverpool game in Hartford, though. And, yeah, Henry is a class player.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have cable, so I'm forced to rely on relations taping games for me, these days.... (a far cry from Sky where I could watch 30 live games a week, from the Premiership, Bundesliga, Serie A, all the way doen to non-league stuff).
    I bloody hate Henry, but yes, he's an awesome player. I'd still rather have Ruud in my team though.... ;)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now Henry can do no wrong and he's a fantastic talent.....an amazing athlete who's learnt to become a technical player and the two together make him very special indeed

I have tickets for some Euro 2004 games including France v England....As good as TH is you should check out Zinedine Zidane....went to Madrid last year to see Man Yoo get taken apart by Real with Zidane,Ronaldo,Figo and Raul all on fire....Zidane might very well be the greatest footballer ever.

If you get the chance this year check out Euro 2004....it should be football(or soccer) at it's very best...if somebody is good enough to stop the French it should be a special few weeks(I just pray it's not Inger-lund)

If you want a truly ordinary soccer experience then Gayfield Park Arbroath is where it's at.....you won't likely see them on MSG anytime soon tho!!! :D

Hey ScottishJet....where are ye fae?....love the Oor Wullie avatar

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way I assume you mean Thierry is the best in England and NOT Robbie Savage! :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Redlichtie[/i]@May 2 2004, 02:41 PM
    [b] Right now Henry can do no wrong and he's a fantastic talent.....an amazing athlete who's learnt to become a technical player and the two together make him very special indeed

I have tickets for some Euro 2004 games including France v England....As good as TH is you should check out Zinedine Zidane....went to Madrid last year to see Man Yoo get taken apart by Real with Zidane,Ronaldo,Figo and Raul all on fire....Zidane might very well be the greatest footballer ever.

If you get the chance this year check out Euro 2004....it should be football(or soccer) at it's very best...if somebody is good enough to stop the French it should be a special few weeks(I just pray it's not Inger-lund)

If you want a truly ordinary soccer experience then Gayfield Park Arbroath is where it's at.....you won't likely see them on MSG anytime soon tho!!! :D

Hey ScottishJet....where are ye fae?....love the Oor Wullie avatar [/b][/quote]
    I'm fae Fairlie in Ayrshire. Used to live in Largs for a while as well. Now I'm out in the States living in Ludlow in Massachusetts. You from Arbroath? I'm an Ayr United fan at heart, but we're absolutely mince this year. Looks like we're heading to Division 2. Football has been in and gone in Scotland I fear. The game is in tatters there and the national team a disgrace. What makes it worse is that england should do well at Euro 2004. The town I live in has a huge Portugese population and even has the Portugal national team scheduled for a friendly against the semi-pro team in Ludlow, The Western Mass Pioneers. If Portugal does well in the tourny they'll be some parties around here!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    How 'bout Tim Howard in goal for Man U this season? Yank goalie's do pretty good over there, right?

[img]http://www.11345.com/art/items/thumb/EHR_02.gif[/img]

[b]HACKETT[/b]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ScottishJet+May 2 2004, 03:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ScottishJet @ May 2 2004, 03:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Redlichtie[/i]@May 2 2004, 02:41 PM
    [b] Right now Henry can do no wrong and he&#39;s a fantastic talent.....an amazing athlete who&#39;s learnt to become a technical player and the two together make him very special indeed

If you get the chance this year check out Euro 2004....it should be football(or soccer) at it&#39;s very best...if somebody is good enough to stop the French it should be a special few weeks(I just pray it&#39;s not Inger-lund)

If you want a truly ordinary soccer experience then Gayfield Park Arbroath is where it&#39;s at.....you won&#39;t likely see them on MSG anytime soon tho&#33;&#33;&#33; :D

Hey ScottishJet....where are ye fae?....love the Oor Wullie avatar [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;m fae Fairlie in Ayrshire. Used to live in Largs for a while as well. Now I&#39;m out in the States living in Ludlow in Massachusetts. You from Arbroath? I&#39;m an Ayr United fan at heart, but we&#39;re absolutely mince this year. Looks like we&#39;re heading to Division 2. Football has been in and gone in Scotland I fear. The game is in tatters there and the national team a disgrace. What makes it worse is that england should do well at Euro 2004. The town I live in has a huge Portugese population and even has the Portugal national team scheduled for a friendly against the semi-pro team in Ludlow, The Western Mass Pioneers. If Portugal does well in the tourny they&#39;ll be some parties around here&#33; [/b][/quote]

Aye...mince indeed&#33;&#33; :lol: ....we&#39;ve had many a rammy with the Ayr boys down the years and likely we&#39;ll be meetin again next year&#33;&#33;.....Can&#39;t believe how bad we&#39;ve been for years now but there are one or two good young lads comin thru ....Fletcher at MU and McFadden are already playing well in the national team and Pearson(Celtic) Clarkson(M&#39;well) and others show loads of promise....Berti actually is doing alright....at least he&#39;s got some young lads in the team....great shame about John Kennedy from Celtic who&#39;s the most exciting defender I&#39;ve seen in Scotland for years but some ugly Romanian Klunt severed his ligaments and he&#39;s out AT LEAST a year...there&#39;s also a brilliant 18 year old at Celtic who&#39;s chosen to play for Ireland :ph34r: .....Actually think Portugal will make the final...it&#39;s the last shot for the golden generation of Figo and Rui Costa...if they do well you&#39;re in as good a place as any by the sound o things&#33;....how did ye end up a Jet then?

regards

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@May 2 2004, 04:20 PM
    [b] How &#39;bout Tim Howard in goal for Man U this season? Yank goalie&#39;s do pretty good over there, right?

[img]http://www.11345.com/art/items/thumb/EHR_02.gif[/img]

[b]HACKETT[/b] [/b][/quote]

Moses

Howard has been a revelation since day 1 although he lost his place lately after a howler in the Champs League that cost United a place in the QF&#39;s....it&#39;s a shame cos it&#39;s the only error he made all year...it just came in a biggie.....still the mark of the man is that he&#39;s the first &#39;keeper to actually make MU fans believe they&#39;ve finally replaced Peter Schmeichel who was an utter legend and was to goalkeeping what Ray Lewis is to linebacking.(except without the dubious rap sheet&#33;&#33;)

Still might not be the best US &#39;keeper in the premiership as Brad Friedel has been arguably the No1,No 1 in England the last few years......hope to see Freddy Adu over here sometime soon....sounds like he&#39;s the dogs b*llocks&#33;&#33;

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Redlichtie[/i]@May 2 2004, 04:37 PM
    [b] hope to see Freddy Adu over here sometime soon....sounds like he&#39;s the dogs b*llocks&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
    Well, his pro career got under way this April. If he&#39;s as good as they say he is, by June he should be a Red Devil&#33; :lol:

Hey, here&#39;s a MB you might like:

[url=http://www.bottomofthebarrel.co.uk/]http://www.bottomofthebarrel.co.uk/[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today was a good day.

The Sheepshaggers are going to be going down, and as a result, I&#39;ve been singing the Russian submarine song all day.
    Much to the bemusemnt of my co-workers, who haven&#39;t a clue why.
    :lol:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Redlichtie[/i]@May 2 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b] how did ye end up a Jet then?

[/b][/quote]
    First game I rememver seeing on Channel 4 was a NY Jets V Miami game with the Jets winning. I believe the score was 30-27 but I could be wrong. I just loved seeing O&#39;Brien, Toon, Walker and McNeil at work. I&#39;ve stayed loyal ever since.

I have been an Honest Man since my papa used to talk to me about Ayr Utd and then following the results in the wee paper (Largs & Millport Weekly News) graduated into trips down to Somerset Park.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Redlichtie[/i]@May 2 2004, 01:43 PM
    [b] By the way I assume you mean Thierry is the best in England and NOT Robbie Savage&#33; :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Robbie Savage. What a player. What a s**t stirrer. :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by jesper stromblad rules[/i]@May 2 2004, 11:45 PM
    [b] Today was a good day.

The Sheepshaggers are going to be going down, and as a result, I&#39;ve been singing the Russian submarine song all day.
    :lol: [/b][/quote]

Sheepshaggers&#33;&#33;....now there&#39;s a term I didn&#39;t expect to see on a Jets MB :P .......what sheepshaggers are you on about tho?.....I take it to mean the Dandy Dons fae Aberdeen but I wasn&#39;t aware they were goin down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by ScottishJet+May 2 2004, 11:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (ScottishJet @ May 2 2004, 11:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Redlichtie[/i]@May 2 2004, 04:31 PM
    [b] how did ye end up a Jet then?

[/b][/quote]
    First game I rememver seeing on Channel 4 was a NY Jets V Miami game with the Jets winning. I believe the score was 30-27 but I could be wrong. I just loved seeing O&#39;Brien, Toon, Walker and McNeil at work. I&#39;ve stayed loyal ever since.

I have been an Honest Man since my papa used to talk to me about Ayr Utd and then following the results in the wee paper (Largs & Millport Weekly News) graduated into trips down to Somerset Park. [/b][/quote]

me too...I followed it loosely for a couple of years then about 85 and then 86 caught the bug big time.....I can still see Wesley Walker streaking down the sidelines for another 70 yarder......what a team that was.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Redlichtie+May 3 2004, 02:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>[b]QUOTE[/b] (Redlichtie @ May 3 2004, 02:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jesper stromblad rules[/i]@May 2 2004, 11:45 PM
    [b] Today was a good day.

:lol: [/b][/quote]

Sheepshaggers&#33;&#33;....now there&#39;s a term I didn&#39;t expect to see on a Jets MB :P .......what sheepshaggers are you on about tho?.....I take it to mean the Dandy Dons fae Aberdeen but I wasn&#39;t aware they were goin down. [/b][/quote]
    Leeds United. First it&#39;s relegation, and then, hopefully, soon, bankruptcy. :lol:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ah yes....I felt so sorry for Alan Smith too&#33;&#33; ;).....still if rumours are to be believed he&#39;ll be back at &#39;united&#39; next year&#33;......If only Ridsdale had gone easy on the goldfish they might&#39;ve staved off bankruptcy too

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real Madrid&#39;s roster is sick&#33; Whoever owns that team could make George Steinbrenner blush&#33; :lol:

[url=http://www.sheepshagger.com]http://www.sheepshagger.com[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [quote][i]Originally posted by Jet Moses[/i]@May 3 2004, 09:19 PM
    [b]Real Madrid&#39;s roster is sick&#33; Whoever owns that team could make George Steinbrenner blush&#33; :lol:

[url=http://www.sheepshagger.com]http://www.sheepshagger.com[/url][/b][/quote]
    Well, in a couple of years, Real could end up being the BlowSox compared to Chelsea. With that Russian billionaire spending cash like it&#39;s going out of style. Beckham&#39;s been linked with them, and Ronaldo has publicly stated he wants to followm Beckham wherever he goes.
    And Alan Smith to United? I dunno, mind you the last two to make the journey didn&#39;t turn out too bad...especially Eric.
    [img]http://www.uit.no/mancity/pictures/cantona2.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/worship.gif[/img]

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cantona is a facting GOD&#33;&#33;&#33;.......still........Smith is a niggly wee shyte but he&#39;s a class player and actually I&#39;d love to see him at Utd or Newcastle.

Chelsea is gonna be a wild ride over the next few years til Abramovich gets bored or his fortune is discovered to be &#39;questionable&#39;.......the really exciting stuff will come in the summer when Ranieri gets sacked after finishing second in the premiership and Champs league and then Sven chooses Real Madrid over Chelsea.

Moses

Looks like Madrid could be getting sicker...this summers target is apparently Van Nistelrooy.....thanks for the link to sheepshaggers :P